Star Photo Updates

nightfire6

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i only see the aw338, which looks kinda cool

Well you could go to the star website, you can see it there.

www.starairsoft.com

OMG...

I never thought I'd be excited for the SCAR... but this is pretty awesome. Too bad it'll probably cost an arm and an leg...

I think the price of the SCAR will be close to that of the Classic Army one, because competition always forces lower prices. If Star put the gun at high prices, people would just buy a CA.

Its only at a monopoly does Star take advantage by putting high prices.

If you noticed, the Star M60 is relatively cheap even though its decently made of metal- only 500, 520 USD at a HK retailer.

Ive been holding out in buying a Scar just to see who will make a better version, CA or Star. So far Im very drawn to Star's. Theirs seem to have more details, better color on the body, great option in switching the different size outer barrels...and the EGLM is absolutely beautiful!

It looks like I will be purchasing this as soon as it hits pre-order!

Well personally I think the Star looks much better than the CA, especially with the EGLM. I now actually want to buy one in Tan rather than black.

I do wonder how the battery will work out tho. I mean its good that they've found a solution to the wire problem, but how easy will it be to change the battery in the field?

Well personally I think the Star looks much better than the CA, especially with the EGLM. I now actually want to buy one in Tan rather than black.

I do wonder how the battery will work out tho. I mean its good that they've found a solution to the wire problem, but how easy will it be to change the battery in the field?

Don't know. I'm kind of worried about the "built-in battery" bit myself.

I personally prefer the colour scheme on the CA version, just because it looks better, as its not so vastly different, although the EGLM is rather cool.

Although that built in battery solution doesn't seem like a great idea to me, seeing as soon as it runs out the gun is essentially useless for either the whole day, or a period of time, so it would seem that anyone looking to purchase this gun should not rely on it as their sole AEG.

I personally prefer the colour scheme on the CA version, just because it looks better, as its not so vastly different, although the EGLM is rather cool.

Although that built in battery solution doesn't seem like a great idea to me, seeing as soon as it runs out the gun is essentially useless for either the whole day, or a period of time, so it would seem that anyone looking to purchase this gun should not rely on it as their sole AEG.

I should imagine its a connector inside the hinge, as mentioned above, thats wired to a battery in the stock. I noticed with my G36 when it was rear wired and the stock was folded the wire showed, I guess its the same with the CA scar? Anyway, you can probably just change the battery like normal, just the wire takes a different 'route' to the gearbox.

Just my 2p anyway

Archived