KSC USP .45 HopUp Problems

Hayabusa

Hi

I've just bought a nice new KSC USP .45, and today was the first time I've used it.I figured how to adjust the hop using the manual, so all seemed well.

However, after adjusting the hop to get the best trajectory(which was very difficult, easy to overhop), after about 6-7 shots, the hop seems to just become non-existant, and has to be reset(which is a major pain, as you need to use a special key). At first I thought it was my imagination, but after trying it a few times ,it seems to happen every time.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Hayabusa

I had the same problem with my KWA USP .45 (the same gun really). I even ordered replacement parts for the hop up (bucking, adjuster, ball bearing), and replaced them all. Still had the same problem. I tried fixing it with some teflon tape around the rubber so that it would have more friction with the housing, but that didn't help either. At some point several months later the slide broke. I sent it to KWA's USA distributor, and they just replaced the whole gun. I have yet to have a problem with the hop up since the replacement gun was shipped. I never could figure out the problem, and I figure it was just a lemon I received. I would take it to the shop you bought it from and request that they fix it or that they replace it.

You might find more info about the problems that I had on my web page (link in sig line).

Hope that helps.

Thanks Infected, I had just done a search on Google and found your website,specifically the page on the KWA USP and the problems you'd been having.

I've emailed the shop I bought it from(Firesupport in the UK) , I'll get them to replace the pistol with a brand new one.

Thanks again

Hayabusa

Ok, just received a reply from Firesupport, they've tested the gun , and found no problems at all.John tested it for me, fired several mags through it, and said he can hit a target consistantly at 30ms. I explained my problem , that the hop actually worked but would not staying adjusted.He explained that gas guns would vary and I could not expect the performance of a TM pistol.While I can appreciate that, I would still expect better distance.

Has anyone had any similar experiences? Is the hop on the KSC USP .45 different to any other pistol? Am I missing something important?

He did also say that the pistol was pretty dry and didn't have enough lubrication, would this be the cause?

Any Thoughts?

Hayabusa

Sounds like a crappy answer to me. I'd expect more. I can now hit a notebook paper sized target at 100 feet, but if the hop up keeps dialing down before you finish a mag, I'd be upset. You should find out if KSC has a distributor in the UK and see what they can do for you. The lubrication shouldn't be a problem. In fact too much lube is more likely to be a problem. I'm guessing they are shipping the gun back to you. I'd just check it when you get it back and see how it's shooting.

Well, I've spoken to John at Firesupport, and managed to get myself a total refund, which is a shame , as I did actually like the gun apart from the fact the hop was iffy.

The gun was a KSC Japan USP .45, it had full trades as well as a unique serial number.I felt a little dissapointed by the performance, after hearing so many good things about them, but I wouldn't say I'd been put off KSC pistols altogether ,it just seems like I had a lemon in this instance.

Cheers

Hayabusa

Sad to hear it.

As far as I'm concerned, KWA has done such an incredible job copying the KSC's that I really don't see the KWA brand as a clone. The tolerances are awesome, and the quality top notch. I had a lemon USP .45 that was identical in problems to Hayabusa's but they swapped the gun for a new one, and I've put about 150-200 rounds through it with no problems whatsoever.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't get the problem resolved Hayabusa. What are you getting as a replacement?

I'm thinking of going for a TM M1911a1. I've shot a friend's one at the site I play at, and it was very nice.I currently have plans to make a custom silenced 1911 that should resemble the one used by Naked Snake in MGS3 (with a few personal touches of my own, such as Pachmeyr American Legend Rosewood grips, these look great) :)

At the moment I'm at the planning and preperation stage, working out how much it will set me back :D

cheers

hayabusa

Archived