WE 1911 Tactical

Well I had been in search of a nice sidearm for a while, and when I found the WE 1911 Tactical, I knew it was the one I wanted. I ordered from Airsoft GI for 110 USD, with a free shipping coupon, and while the shipping was a bit slower, it arrived in 7 days. ASGI did an excellent job with packaging the gun-newspaper was stuffed in every nook and cranny to insure a nice arrival.

DSC02587.jpg

I open the gun box to find a nice cloth lined box like the P90's box. It gives it a feel that you're not just getting some other toy-you're getting something special. It came with one mag inside the gun, and one mag separate.

DSC02591.jpg

The gun is pure beauty. I much prefer the hollowed trigger and hammer to the traditional 1911, and unlike the traditional, the gun has more of a black color to it. The gun features a slide stop that locks the slide back after the last shot is fired. It also has a thumb safety that, once cocked, you flip the safety on and the gun can not be fired.

Take down of the slide is very simple. You first pull the slide back to where the slide catch meets up with a little gap on the left side. You then push the slide stop out and push the slide forward. It's that simple.

Performance is up to par with any gas gun in this price range. I estimate FPS to be right around 315. I haven't had a chance to chrono it yet, but compared to different guns with different FPS, 315 is a sound estimation. Accuracy is great for a pistol. At about 50 ft. I am getting 6in spread and at 100 ft. I am getting about 1 ft. spread. I'd say that this is pretty good for a sidearm.

Reliability is so much better than their previous models because they have practically worked out all of the kinks. With the old versions the slide would grind as it cycled, but it appears that they have fixed this problem.

Gas mileage is the only downside that this gun has. On one fill I can get through one and a half mags. Meaning, that every time you reload BBs, you'll need to refill gas. It's a gas guzzler, but certainly worth it.

Conclusion, superb gun, especially for the price. I would recommend to anyone looking for a nice cheap sidearm. Sure, it's not as good as a WA, but some of us just don't want to pitch in 200+ USD for a sidearm. I was truly blown away by the FPS and accuracy. While it may not be as accurate as a primary rifle, it is very accurate for a pistol at this price range. Like the saying, you get what you pay for, but I mean it in a good way.

Pictures:

DSC02593.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

DSC02596.jpg

DSC02599.jpg

DSC02600.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them here. If you want me to take any pictures of anything I missed, just tell me. I will be posting a more accurate FPS and accuracy rating later on. Enjoy!

Using a poor man's chrono, I estimate that my guess was right. The BB shot straight through both sides of the can, but could not pentrate the bottom-right around 315 FPS. :D

I can't believe I forgot to say that it kicks like a mule. But then again, this is my only GBB. Lets just say it kicks...

...hard.

Edited by 101matt1

I don't know about other people, but I haven't had that happen once. I even squeezed in 3 rounds in one second and nothing happend. I bet if I kept it up at that rate it would have locked up. I don't see any problems. I'll be sure to test that out more thouroughly later though.

Nice review, you really need an m3 tac light for it. My friend has the same 1911 Tactical but with the m3 light, it is insane. It would +1 your 'SWAT' loadout, haha. I think I may order the classic 1911 by WE-Tech tonight, I know a few people with them and they seem just as good as this one.

Tokyo Marui interchangeability? I'm starting a Springfield Armory 1911 project, and the kit calls for a TM. In addition to the gun, I want to get the loose ends to make it mine. Trigger, grip safety, slide safety, and magazine. If this gun can replace a TM I'll buy one today.

Edited by Kirtap

WE magazines aren't cross-compatible with TM out of the box. Might be with some mods, but I'm not sure on that. The slide and the slide internals are fully cross-compatible. I'd go for the TM. For me, the point of the WE is it's a cheap full metal gun. If you're going to start putting aftermarket kits on, why risk having a gun the kit wasn't designed for?

:zorro:

Gah!

After seeing another great review for this pistol I'm really thinking about getting it. Since I'm gonna be running it off of propane, the efficiency isn't a big deal. Propane is cheap! Man, look at me talk myself into it..

Alas poor wallet! I knew him, Horatio...

having been a long term owner of the WE 1911 and being very very happy with it.I will certainly be planning for one of these and also the combat commander.

I just got rid of the last of my WA 1911 pistols as the WE simply embarrasses the WA pistols in terms of skirmish performance in range and power

I don't know about other people, but I haven't had that happen once. I even squeezed in 3 rounds in one second and nothing happend. I bet if I kept it up at that rate it would have locked up. I don't see any problems. I'll be sure to test that out more thouroughly later though.

So is 3 shots the most you've rapidly fired in a row with it? Try it for the full mag. Even in warm weather, the hi-capa WE's I've had started to choke around 5-7 shots or so with quite noticeable power loss after each successive shot. TM's, on the other hand, keep on truckin' for almost 2 mags on propane, with or without a metal kit.

I just got back from shooting, and when I went out, and shot rapid fire (about as fast as I could pull the trigger), it went through the mag flawlessly. But when the mag was empty the slide did not lock back. This doesn't seem to be a big problem for me, but if you're that kind to pull a side arm and unload a mag right away, it may be a problem.

• 4 weeks later...
WE magazines aren't cross-compatible with TM out of the box. Might be with some mods, but I'm not sure on that. The slide and the slide internals are fully cross-compatible. I'd go for the TM. For me, the point of the WE is it's a cheap full metal gun. If you're going to start putting aftermarket kits on, why risk having a gun the kit wasn't designed for?

:zorro:

This topic is a little old, but it was only on the sedon page so...

So if you bought an aftermarket slide that was designed for the TM, it would fit but you might need a little bit of modding?

• 2 years later...

I'd owned this pistol about six months before I got around to chrono-ing it. Came in just over 320fps on most shots. This was on a very warm and humid Maryland summers day. I haven't chrono'd it at home (in Ireland) but it still hurts as much so there can't be much of a fps drop due to weather.

I have the older version, with markings. Compared to the brand new WE/SG Desert version I have, the slide action on the WE Tac wasn't ever as crisp.

But I can't fault it. I've had mine over two years now and still use it more than my TM DE.

matt, experienced any issues with the mag?

When I got mine, it came with 2 mags, one was venting gas from the top valve the moment you put gas in. I swapped it with the retailer for a working one.

Then this weekend I was at a weekender and one of the mags which was working fine let go again in the same manner, seems to be the same problem. Not taken the valve out yet to ascertain what's happened, however.

punkypink,

i've never had mags vent all my gas like you mentioned.

i did have issues with not getting enough shots per mag. i stripped them all out, over lubed the valve and base plate o-rings and cooled the mags in the fridge before filling and warming the mags again. i probably screwed the valve extra tight aswell, i've heard about this venting issue before.

the SG/WE desert 1911 seems to be a reworking on the old 1911 tac. it performs much better, but its identical in pretty much every other way

Yea ive not managed to find anyone else with the same experience but ive had it happen to me twice now. It's a bit odd.

This is usually because the mag valve has become unscrewed.

The bit that is hit by the hammer screws into the valve. As it unscrew it backs off a bit & sticks proud. It is then easily depressed by the inside of the magwell or hammer, when inserted.

Removing the mag valve & tightening the two bits usually sorts this out. If it reoccurs, a little thread lock is required.

Greg.