Crusader Blast Belt

wes

Thought this might be interesting to people interested in the Crye product line...

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...CG-BBMCA_srch_1

There are other products similar in appearance to Crye's Blast Belt, but this one has the proper removable closed-cell foam padding and looks to be an exact replica (minus actual protection).

Who knows, maybe this company will deliver the much-desired replica of the Crye Armor...

looks fine for $98, what your getting is much more than a belt, its a back support, Usefull if your carrying heavy gear, and it also doubles as an extention to your molle plate carrier, making you look like some kind of Molle covered Multicamed tactical armadillo

Awesome!!!!!!

My money is on Crye losing their minds if they find this one. Fake MC plus a direct copy of one of their designs is not going to go over well. I'd pick it up soon if you really want it, and if anybody starts selling a fake Crye armor, snatch it up ASAP.

As for the price, it is steep, but if you want a proper replica, expect to pay a higher price. I've read that the real Blast Belt is the best belt out there, and I would expect this one to be up there too. If you want the look but not the price or functionality, it looks like Phantom is making a less accurate knock-off for $21.

I don't think I would ever buy gear from overseas.  Overpriced for the quality you get.  I'd much rather buy stuff from people I know, and spend that extra $$ on real quality.

This is true. Instead of buying a cheapo OE-tech crossdarw vest, I bought a real Blackhawk one from a friend who works for them at a gun show. I'd rather handle the stuff and have it field tested when it comes to gear.

That being said, there are some real ###### brands of replica gear, and there are some that are comparable to real gear. Phantom for instance. The quality of their gear is excellent and highly durable for a fraction of the price of the original it was based off. Their CIRAS's are about 85%-90% the quality of the real one from Eagle, but only cost about 1/6th the price of an Eagle CIRAS. Some people can afford to pay US$500+ for a real vest (which does not including pouches), whereas some can't afford to pay more than US$150 for the vest and pouches combined. In airsoft sometimes it's not as simple as "I will never buy replica stuff". With that logic, you shouldn't even be buying the guns. You just need to look at all the factors involved such as, quality, unit cost, shipping costs, etc and see if it's worth it. Sometimes it is... sometimes it isn't.

Valid point.  However, when it comes to this belt, I'll pay a few dollars extra for a quality replica.  You're going to end up paying $20 in shipping at least anyways...

Can you point me to this replica you speak of? From what I understand, this is the first and only replica blast belt on the market that so closely resembles the real Crye Blast Belt. So to get the most accurate replica available on the market, it's either this, or the real CP Blast Belt which costs 4 times more and isn't available to civies.

Sigpro what exactly are you saying? Youd rather wait for an opportunity to buy (lets say hypothetically) a 200 dollar phantom vest, in the US from somewhere you know, than buy a 150 dollar phantom vest +50s&h from somewhere outside of the US? Just because its overseas doesnt make it any different than if it was stateside, more than likely it came from the same factory.

So youd rather pay 120 dollars for this belt from somewhere in the US because it has "extra quality" over the same belt from wgc for 98+20s&h?

Please correct me if Im reading this wrong. If I am, Im sorry.

Sigpro what exactly are you saying? Youd rather wait for an opportunity to buy (lets say hypothetically) a 200 dollar phantom vest, in the US from somewhere you know, than buy a 150 dollar phantom vest +50s&h from somewhere outside of the US? Just because its overseas doesnt make it any different than if it was stateside, more than likely it came from the same factory.

So youd rather pay 120 dollars for this belt from somewhere in the US because it has "extra quality" over the same belt from wgc for 98+20s&h?

Please correct me if Im reading this wrong. If I am, Im sorry.

I think he's saying that he'd rather spend more money on tactical gear from a real tactical company like Eagle Ind., DiamondBack Tactical and BlackHawk Ind. who produce the products entirely in the USA, than on a company that produces replica tactical gear like Phantom, King Arms etc which are usually based out of Hong Kong.

That being said, consider this: Real tactical gear companies "borrow" patterns and designs from one another all the time except they'll change one little detail and call it their own. Blackhawk copied Eagle's stuff all the time. For instance, look at Eagle Industries' RRV which was then copied by BlackHawk and renamed the Blackhawk STRIKE Recon Vest. Also consider the fact that just because it isn't made in the USA doesn't make it inferior. Case in point, Emdom USA, Inc. ... An American company in which all it's products are manufactured in Hong Kong. Although Emdom has a horrible rep in terms of getting products in stock, it is a well regarded company in terms of the products themselves.

Keep in mind that I'm not condoning the replication of copyrighted products. I'm just pointing out the fact that the quality of said copied products isn't always inferior to that of the original product that it was based off of. Yes, some replica gear is horrible, but sometimes it's pretty decent.

Archived