CA m249 questions

eligibb

aye up all,

just got my hands on a mkII CA M249 and i have to say it is awesome, however two things.

1) has anyone else had problems getting batteries into the stock properly? im using a 3300, 8.4 battery which was given with the gun in a pack as it were, and i have tried a 3000 and still wont fit in without raming it in, which i dont think i should have to do to a new gun.

2) gun care, as i have talked to several people about gun care, and all have said relativly different things about what to grease and what not too so im after a general concencus.

2) gun care, as i have talked to several people about gun care, and all have said relativly different things about what to grease and what not too so im after a general concencus.

I go by the general rule of thumb a teammate told me: "everywhere something touches something." It just becomes a matter of what type of lube to use where. Of course white lithium grease on the gears (and possibly the interaction between the sector gear and piston). Then whatever the heck that "cylinder grease" is that classic army makes for the piston track, piston head o-ring, and around the cylinderhead/cylinder seal. And finally the lightest silicon oil lube you can find for the tappet plate track, as well as the spring guide just for kicks.

While I maybe breaking a lot of rules here as far as gun care, I'd just like to add that my ca249 has shot over 150,000 rounds in its life time, with the only upgrade being the spring, and even after regular use I haven't had to open up the gearbox in over a year. I run 9.6v batts through it as well. I've been meaning to crack open the box and relube everything, but its FPS is exactly where it should be, and I'm afraid I'd change whatever the hell is making it last this long.

your having trouble with the battery because4 theres so much *fruitcage* wire in the stock. unfortunately, you have to take the stock pin out so it hinges down and then :

connect the battery

pull the wires/fuse out the hinge end of the stock

put the battery in, will fit fine now

put the buttplate on

ram the fuse and wires back in the stock

put the pin back through

its lots and lots of hassle, and much easier with 2 people doing it. also make sure the wires dont get caught between the stock and reciever, as they will eventually strip and break.

its a massive pain in the *albartroth*, but at least once its in, you shouldnt have to change it again in a rush.

I go by the general rule of thumb a teammate told me: "everywhere something touches something." It just becomes a matter of what type of lube to use where. Of course white lithium grease on the gears (and possibly the interaction between the sector gear and piston). Then whatever the heck that "cylinder grease" is that classic army makes for the piston track, piston head o-ring, and around the cylinderhead/cylinder seal. And finally the lightest silicon oil lube you can find for the tappet plate track, as well as the spring guide just for kicks.

While I maybe breaking a lot of rules here as far as gun care, I'd just like to add that my ca249 has shot over 150,000 rounds in its life time, with the only upgrade being the spring, and even after regular use I haven't had to open up the gearbox in over a year. I run 9.6v batts through it as well. I've been meaning to crack open the box and relube everything, but its FPS is exactly where it should be, and I'm afraid I'd change whatever the hell is making it last this long.

cheers for that, ive got the three types of grease/lube and i'll do that later to it. although i can see where your coming from about the whole "it aint broke, dont fix it" thing with the gears, im a little hesitant about opening up the gearbox as i broke my mp5 last time i opened up its gearbox.

your having trouble with the battery because4 theres so much *fruitcage* wire in the stock. unfortunately, you have to take the stock pin out so it hinges down and then :

connect the battery

pull the wires/fuse out the hinge end of the stock

put the battery in, will fit fine now

put the buttplate on

ram the fuse and wires back in the stock

put the pin back through

its lots and lots of hassle, and much easier with 2 people doing it. also make sure the wires dont get caught between the stock and reciever, as they will eventually strip and break.

its a massive pain in the *albartroth*, but at least once its in, you shouldnt have to change it again in a rush.

ahhh that does sound like a right pain in the ar$e.

hmmm could possibly rewire it to have a shorter wire, then again from the sounds of it, with the shorter wire you probably have to still take the stock apart.

thanks to you both

Archived