E-mail To Fox New about Youtube Airsoft video

RaginFro

Please send this E-mail to Fox News at: AmericasNewsroom@foxnews.com

Please Don't alter original letter! only the name and other stuff

Dear Fox News,

I represent a group of Airsoft Enthusiasts on the Internet and are very displeased with a video we found on Youtube. It features Fox News Reporters not taking proper safety measures when handling the replica firearms and making insulting remarks. Myself and other “Airsofters” have noticed many unsafe practices used in the video of question.

Examples of such unsafe practices include: The female reporter grabs the replica handgun from one of the male reporters and immediately puts her finger on the trigger. Also one of the male reporters is holding the replica “H&K MP5A5 Sub machine gun” with his finger on the trigger while the replica is on it's full automatic feature. He is also pointing the replica in the direction of the other reporters. There are many more unsafe practices in the video but we believe that those are sufficient examples.

Some of the remarks are very condescending and said in a insulting manor. Examples include: “Who is buying these things?” and “Is there a huge market for people that try and pretend to hold up... (unidentifiable speech) ... in other words Absolutely!”. These statements are uninformed and dis respectful. I was under the impression that Fox News did some research before it airs a story.

Also these replicas are not “toy guns” as said by one of the reporters. They are replicas that are very realistic for training and hobby purposes. Airsoft is a sport and hobby in which the replicas can be used as law enforcement and military training tools. Airsoft can be a valuable tool to teach Firearm safety.

Just because a few inexperienced and ill willing kids and adults choose to use these replicas in crimes and other unworthy practices does not mean all airsoft should be banned.

Youtube Video in question:

We would like it if Fox News would air a positive airsoft experience with a informed airsoft consultant. If you need any help contacting any informed airsoft consultants we would gladly refer to many qualified airsoft organizations.

Thank you for your time and effort in reporting the news we all enjoy. We wish your organization may clear up the “airsoft” situation with the whole country. Airsoft is a very enjoyable hobby and sport and many of us wish to keep the sport alive and with as much safety as possible. A country wide report on the right way may help others to learn the proper practices when “playing” airsoft.

Petition for a Fox News Story on Airsoft: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/fox-news3...tion-of-airsoft

Originally written by Ragin' and revised with help of (Einarr) and (Paranoia keeps you alive)

(please don't alter this E-mail above this point)

(Your name and code name)

(email address)

(address and phone)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who lets these people on TV?

Clearly the brown haired reporter was fascinated by the mp5. He stood there with the replica in his hands and cocked the bolt. Ill pretend i didnt see him sweeping the muzzle over his fellow reporters with the gun on fully automatic and his finger on the trigger.

If the guy actually had a little bit of information about airsoft perhaps he would join the ranks of the millions of skirmishers around the globe.

Ignorance is this worlds greatest evil. I thought the news was supposed to be informative and educational?

Ignorance is this worlds greatest evil. I thought the news was supposed to be informative and educational?

That's what the news MAKES people believe, like Justin Long said in Die Hard, the news doesn't tell you what is going on, they tell you what they WANT to to hear. All the news you hear everyday is controlled.

IDK why we ever get mad over news stories. sorry to say it but they don't give a *fruitcage* what we think people! I once got worked up over a negative story featuring airsoft, then I realized it was just stressing me out.

let's just stop posting these, k?

You'd think he'd know better, after seeing someone else get banned for being an abusive jerk last night. Ah well.

You're not going to get anywhere petitioning a news outlet six months after the event. It just proves you don't watch their output, and therefore they don't care about you, unless you can get a lawsuit or media interest in the issue. Sorry, but that's how it works.

:zorro:

Archived