WE or TM Hi capa?

Gunner Spark

Since both guns are double stackers, gas efficiency is really not that key an issue. You'll get at least a full mag out of both guns. Power and accuracy are comparable, especially if you know how to deal with what looseness might be present in a stock WE.

All TM GBBs have ABS slides. Most TMs can use green for quite a while, especially with beefier slide structures like the 2011s.

If this is your first GBB and you have no real knowledge of them, which your question seem to suggest, go with the TM.

thanks the saint, this will be my first ggb and my first airsoft gun so ill go with the TM, i really need gas effiency as it will be used mainly for plinking and will 134a cycle the slide properly? if it will ill start with that, i don't want my gun breaking in 6 months if i use green.

Thanks for the help guys! :)

TM GBBs are all first and foremost made to operate on dusters. If you're just plinking, then duster will be fine for you. The TM4.3 shouldn't fail after 6 months of duster, though it probably won't fail after 6 months of green either.

People use green in propane because it's better for gaming, but it's also significantly more enjoyable to shoot on green due to better blowback.

My dad has a WE hi-capa and it is wonderful.

First of all, he can get almost 100 shots on a single charge of top gas and the cool down is minimal (due to the HUGE magazine) I don't think gas consumption would be a problem here.

The full metal slide and barrel are wonderful. The WE Hi-Capa can also take red gas out-of-the-box.

The thing is REALLY accurate. You can one-shot sauce packets, which are just 1" by 3" at 50 feet!

Metal parts include: slide, barrel, upper frame (grip and trigger guard are plastic) trigger, hammer, slide lock, mag catch, front & rear sights, grip & frame safety and hop-up unit.

I'd settle with WE, it's also cheaper too.

I have never ever seen a WE hicapa shoot 100rd in a single charge. Even on a hot day, you can barely get 2 mags out of a single charge.

On cold day you'll be lucky to get 10 shots on a WE.

And I have own a lot of WE in the past And I really mean A LOT of WE in the past.

My dad has a WE hi-capa and it is wonderful.

First of all, he can get almost 100 shots on a single charge of top gas and the cool down is minimal (due to the HUGE magazine) I don't think gas consumption would be a problem here.

*shines a pen light into Corkbulb's eyes*

Hmm, severely dilated pupils... combined with insane rambling... you, Sir, are on crack. Lots of crack. Let me write you a prescription for some methadone. Don't worry man, we'll get you clean. :)

For a new user's first GBB, I believe consistency and reliability are key. The last thing you want is to open up the box and run the risk of getting a lemon, or something you have to tweak to get right. You want to open the box, gas/load the mag, point, and shoot.

WEs are good, but take 100 of them and 100 TMs and open them up side by side, and the WE will have more guns that need tweaking to work right. Yes, I've seen WEs that bang away on Red gas like there's no tomorrow, but I have also seen WEs crack on Green within five shots, or their hammer locks back, or the slide won't cycle, or...etc.

To that point, Tokyo Marui = reliability.

That, and the TM Hi Capa 4.3 is one of the best stock GBBs for the price. Far worth the $20-30 extra you'd pay for it vs. a WE, and you run comparatively miniscule risk of lemons.

:lol:

Hey, that's what I get, I'm NOT exaggerating here.

The thing don't run out of gas...

Perhaps the cold cans I store on my floor in the corner of my room are more dense and, just like losing gas efficiency on a cold day because the dense gas loses pressure and it takes more gas to push the slide back, I gain gas efficiency because the cans are cold and the gas is more dense, hence more can fit into the mag????

My dad's WE 1911 also gets 40 shots on a single gas charge. He stores the cans in the basement, they are as cold as ice....

You don't wanna know how many shots I get with my KSC USP .45 with a single charge.

I can get 100 on top gas and on HFC134a, I lost count after 200 :lol:

I always warm the mags up before firing though, so the gas is always at maximum pressure when I fire.

Hey, for kicks, I literally JUST finished testing the gas efficiency on my WE 1911:

After a full charge and stopping to warm the mags up after firing an entire clip and to reload, i got 36 the first time and 39 the second (damn, couldn't get that last one)

Average FPS was 285 with Madbull .2g BBs

Do you lube your GBBs? I lube before and after every time I use them :P

They kick harder and it's easier on the gas efficiency. Maybe that's why...

WE any day duribality isn't a question if your gun stops working just lob it at them there so heavy it will probably knock them off their feet. plus stock WE overpowers and out ranges a tm 1, and there completely compatible :) check out mine:

PICT1940.jpg

PICT1941.jpg

PICT1942.jpg

and it kicks like a mule :D

EDIT: thats my tm/we hybrid

An airsoft tech (full time job) says that he get's so many f'd up WE's that he thinks they are complete *beep* and not worth your time.

I have a different opinion because I have only owned 1 and it was amazing..

Sure I only got 30 shots max on a mag, (mind you it was a 3.8 as well, so expect les from larger slides) but hey the mags holds 25 round why do I need thirty? It's full metal, and it shoots straight.

So I'm sure someone who has worked on and or owned lot's of WE's will have a different opinion than us 1 timers...

But from either standpoint you can't really go wrong because they are so damn cheap. You could get a WE with two extra mags for the price of the TM

OR 3 extra mags

My WE 1911 and my dad's and his WE Hi-Capa 5.1 NEVER jammed on us, mis-fired or given us any problems for the thousands of rounds we put through them. Just take care of them, clean and lube, and I think they'll last forever...

I am definitely an advocate for WE pistols...

What do you mean "you can't go wrong"? Of course you can, when you've got a gun that struggles to empty the mag and blows back with all the force of a wet fart.

My WE 1911 kicks harder than any other GBB I've gone through, and I've gone through alot. My KJ G23 is louder, but the WE 1911 is second to sound :D

I can rapid fire the mag and get the slide to lock back on the first mag, but the second one cools down too quick to lock back...

Slow semi-shots are a joy to shoot, loud, hard recoil and accurate enough to hit Taco Bell sauce packets at 50 feet!

I :wub: WE 1911!

Don't want to turn this into a "WE vs. TM" match.

To simplify, though:

1) Take 100 WE Hi Capas *random sample*

2) Take 100 TM Hi Capas *random sample*

3) Fire and compare *reliability*. How many shots fired? Average consistency between shots? Average occurence of misfires? How many jammed hammers/safeties/hopups?

The TM will ALWAYS have LESS issues.

I am not disputing that some of you have great WEs --trust me, I have two great ones myself (a 5.1 and a 7), and yes, they do shoot great. But, I also have gone through 6 WEs which were absolute poo. That is a 33% success rate. With TMs, I have owned 15, and 13 were great. That's an 86% success rate. 86% > 33%.

Regardless of your individual experiences, over a larger sampling, it is elementary statistics: TMs are less likely to have issues, period.

Less likely to have issues = easier to own for a new GBB user.

He/she shouldn't be expected to 'just lube it if it jams and it will shoot hard again' --that's not the point.

Being that this topic was started by a new GBB user, let's keep our suggestions in context with his request: "Accuracy, range, power and gas consumption" --and, if I might add (being that I make a partial side-living tuning airsoft guns and know what I'm talking about), "stock, out-of-the-box reliability."

Archived