WA Novak Next variants, 2 tone, compact, Series 80

hitmanNo2

Latest WA's, 1911 haters stay away :P

Novak Next - Pretty cool to see this mainspring housing/grip safety combo I read about a while ago for real steel. Still prefer to have a grip safety though, for real steel at least.

wanvaabcdtup7.jpg

wanvaabes4.jpg

wanvabbjd4.jpg

wanvacbbd1.jpg

wanvadbfw6.jpg

wanvaabcd1sz2.jpg

wanvaabcd2jl4.jpg

wanvaabcd3vx2.jpg

wanvaabcd4ew8.jpg

wanvaabcd5bi7.jpg

Didn't say anything about being a WA haters on top...so:

Not sure if you noticed, but most of the guys who got SCW3 stuff had trouble keeping the gun stock. Either the firing pin will get hung up, the gun won't fire, the mags double feed out of the box, seam lines on the controls/dents on the metal parts, or in my case, all of the above and the firing pin falling out. Unacceptable for a $240 pistol, don'tcha think?

As for the safety, I think the point is being able to chamber a bullet with the safety on, instead of flipping the safety on with the slide locked back...If you think about it like that, it's something that should have been implemented into 1911s a while back.

Still waiting on that unertl 1911...come on WA...

Not sure if you noticed, but most of the guys who got SCW3 stuff had trouble keeping the gun stock. Either the firing pin will get hung up, the gun won't fire, the mags double feed out of the box, seam lines on the controls/dents on the metal parts, or in my case, all of the above and the firing pin falling out. Unacceptable for a $240 pistol, don'tcha think?

Like I stated in the other thread, I've owned about 6 scw3's so far, and had no troubles with any of the things you mentioned.. in fact I had far more trouble with scw2 controls being blotchy etc..

Funny, I've been through 6 WA SCW3's, and they all developed problems after 1k shots, or have seam lines on one spot or another. Even Mobius agrees there are issues with current gen SCW3 WAs.

Most recent one:

DSC00037.jpg

Take a look at the front of the frame, looks as if WA decided to take a screwdriver and hammer to the frame before the shipped it off.

I should also note the amount of slack between the disconnector/sear and the frame. Not even a $100 WE's internals have that much wiggle space.

Like I stated in the other thread, I've owned about 6 scw3's so far, and had no troubles with any of the things you mentioned.. in fact I had far more trouble with scw2 controls being blotchy etc..

Remember, unless you've owned every SCW3 ever produced, you can't possibly prove that they never fail. Since you've only owned about 6 among the hundreds? thousands? of SCW3 there are, your experience is one drop in the collective bucket. And some people are just luckier than others.

Maybe they'll fix the issues in the most recent SCW3s. Do WA usually listen to customer feedbacks?

Also depends on what kind of gas you use, I guess. People that only use 134a (I don't see the point, though), will not have as much weird stuff happening with their WAs as green gas users.

I had to modify the thumb safety on my magna tech, or it would creep on when shooting with green, because of the recoil. Also the slide notch got mangled quickly.

I think these Novaks look nice, they almost look like a S&W.

Remember, unless you've owned every SCW3 ever produced, you can't possibly prove that they never fail. Since you've only owned about 6 among the hundreds? thousands? of SCW3 there are, your experience is one drop in the collective bucket. And some people are just luckier than others.

Maybe they'll fix the issues in the most recent SCW3s. Do WA usually listen to customer feedbacks?

Remember that unless you have owned every SCW3 ever produced, you can't prove otherwise.

Maybe ocelot is just unlucky?

All I'm saying is that after around 30 WA's. None have suffered any damage to the slide, using green or 134a.

I am entirely confident in their quality.

--

Also, I haven't bought any SVI's for a long time, so I cannot attest to their quality.

--

Oh, and Ocelot, as Terrance said, installing a shorter spring most likely lead to the damage.. soft spring = more pressure at rear, hard spring = more pressure around bushing..

Well, I also had a SCW2 SVI Expert, and it too would double feed all the time - easy to fix though, just apply a thin layer of super glue to the inner surfaces of the feed lips, let it cure for 24 hours, problem fixed.

I also agree that the metal parts looked pretty poor, very uneven finish.

Worst of all, the hop-up mechanism was an abomination.

Must be a SVI thing, because my magna tech and my M1934 are *fruitcage* excellent (and they have fixed hop, whew!).

Well, I also had a SCW2 SVI Expert, and it too would double feed all the time - easy to fix though, just apply a thin layer of super glue to the inner surfaces of the feed lips, let it cure for 24 hours, problem fixed.

I also agree that the metal parts looked pretty poor, very uneven finish.

Worst of all, the hop-up mechanism was an abomination.

Must be a SVI thing, because my magna tech and my M1934 are *fruitcage* excellent (and they have fixed hop, whew!).

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, my chows were particularly awesome. Lets not tar all the scw3 range when It's most likely limited to the SV range. (and therefore not valid to this or the hardballer thread)..

Now, out of the 30 something WAs, how many rounds did you squeeze out while they were stock (note that I'm talking about SCW3's here, not SCW2s/magnas)? Also, as for the softer spring issue, you're wrong. The WA valve block keeps the valve open until the blowback unit reaches a certain point, and when that point is reached the valve is close. By using a weaker spring, I decrease the amount of gas used for blowback (same FPS), and decrease the power of the blowback, and when the slide is near the end of the rear-ward motion, the force on it is lower than if I was to use a longer spring.

As for your comment concerning the Chow, from what I remember of last summer, both you and phoenix sold your pair because the inside of the slide (the rail area) were starting to become "mushy in apparence and feel).

hkssrdet also had issues where his SCW3 1911s wouldn't fire.

Would you care to comment on the huge amount of slack in the internals? Or perhaps the potmetal used for all the metal parts which will tarnish after 24 hours if polished (even WE potmetal takes a few days)? If you guys have ambi safeties, hold the left side still, and wiggle the right side. Not quite what a $230 gun should do, eh?

Please don't tell me that the problem is only with the SV line of the SCW3 series, as here's one of the example posts:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...c=106092&st=80#

Just recently I had a WA SCW3 Warrior sent to me because the gun won't fire. Turns out that cheap rolled sheet of potmetal WA used for a firing pin bent in a way that the firing pin can't even reach the mag valve. A few months back I had a Magnatech A1 sent to me because the pot metal hammer strut bent so much that the gun can't return from half cocked to condition one without using my thumb to push the hammer up. I still have pics of both problems if you guys are interested.

You guys should probably hold off on buying WAs until they shape up or you have $300 to blow on top of the gun to make it feel like the $230 gun it's supposed to be. Fact of the matter if, 2 years ago, you shake a WA, and it'll hold solid, with minimal rattling from the mag. These days...well, pick up your gun, and you'll know what I'm talking about.

mmm-i'd say get yourself a SCW 1 gun. sure, the firing pin design is funky, but after having owned 3 of them and comparing them to my friend's SCW 2 and 3 guns, both they and i agreed the SCW 1 guns had a better finish and fit. no rattling from the mags of the SCW 1, with whatever rattling there was coming from the slide to frame fit (which is supposed to be slightly loose anyway). but then again-i have only owned 3 SCW 1 guns, so i can't speak for the majority. just my two cents.

Archived