HFC Sig Sauer P226

pokethepope

Recently saw this on RW:

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=23026

Looked very promising, ~$20 cheaper than the KJW, and HFC seems to use much better materials (although still 'pot metal') and has a much lower lemon rate. I was ready to buy one and do a comparison review with my TM version, and emailed RW about it and got this reply:

It is a Tokyo Marui clone like the KJ, but it is built by HFC so it's not the same stuff under a different label. Magazines between these brands are not recommended to be interchanged. We tried KJ and Tokyo Marui P226 magazines in the new HFC model. While it did cycle and feed just fine, the performance was not quite as good.

As usual with clones, part compatibility is possible, but any accessories are still made to TM measurements.

This didnt phase me, the KJW carries similar warnings like the mag incompatibility, but they could be made to work with a little of the paint worn off. But then i did a quick google search, and saw this on Airsoft Pacific:

I want to let everyone know that if you're a 226 fan, you MUST avoid the HFC P226 (the new one) at all costs.

Apart from some flaws about the weapon's design, the decocker is made to be a safety that falls down on it's own, so basically the weapon will lock up at any given time.

I was excited at first to see another SIG released by a company that recently turned a new leaf (before the M190, EVERYTHING by HFC was trash), but was disappointed when I got to play around with it at the local GI Joe's.

It's trash - your better of getting a Mauri, KSC or KJW

http://www.airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.ph...706fde5a6d23d12

RW made it out to be a complete clone of the TM, so while i dont really understand the problem with decocker described in the above quote, it would seem it shouldnt exist if its a complete clone of the TM.

Anyway, has anybody seen or purchased one of these and can shed some light on it?

If anybody is an AP member i'd greatly appreciate them PM'ing the guy to see if he is indeed talking about the one on RW and not the old HFC P226 (although its unlikely he is talking about the old one).

cheers

I asked, and this what he replied:

I've actually used both HFC SIGs - the cheapass "P229" (which has a full slide length - it's TOTAL trash) and the new P226.

I'm a HUGE SIG fan, so as soon as these suckers showed up at the local airsoft shop, I tried 'em out as soon as I could.. And found that HFC went back to it's cheap ways.

The way the safety works is this - you pull down the decocker lever (or better yet, just shake the gun downward -___- It'll actually lock into place that way. Once the fake decocker lever is down as far as it go (right above the magazine release button), the gun will be on safe. Because the SIG is a DA/SA, this is a big pain in the *albatross*, because of the gun is cocked and the safety on, you have no way to safety lower the hammer other than to remove the magazine, turn the safety off and pull the trigger. But the biggest flaw is that the fake decocker lever has no inertia or anything holding it in place, so it easily falls down into the safe position when any kind of impact occurs on the gun.

This means when you fire, the safety will go on.

I fired the gun out in the back "testing range" (an unused lot with a bunch of cans and targets haha) and found this out first hand. I was pretty disappointed.

If you take the slide off and observe the workings, you'll find it's nothing like the TM model - it's far more complicated, causing maintenance to be a *badgeress*, so sadly it isn't a clone.

You're better off with getting either a TM SIG or a KJW if you want metal for less cash - the KSC P226 is very nice, but it uses the standard magazines instead of the modernized NAVY mags (the standards have that flat magazine base, while the NAVY has the nice thick base in a slant).

Hope this sheds some light. Too bad really, since it seemed like a good deal.

I'm more interested in the F/A HFC Cougars that RW has in stock. I think you should get one of those instead and do a review. :P

I'm more interested in the F/A HFC Cougars that RW has in stock. I think you should get one of those instead and do a review. :P

The Cougar was also quite tempting, but i still can't decide if its fugly or not, and the big divot in the back of the grip doesnt make it look very comfortable.

Im suprised about the HFC's internals not being a clone of the TM, which is contrary to what RW said. I'd be interested if anyone on here has one and can take some pics of the internals.

cheers

Archived