Leon sniper help needed

johnnyj

Hi all , well i now have a job that pay's well enough for me to start my leon sniper project , :D

I have found and worked out how most of its going to look but! ... as i want it to split down like the real steal gun so it can be placed in an old suit case i have a very large problem :(

i only know of 2 gearbox's that split in the same way as real steal they are the ICS m4 and systama m4 and i know getting handguard kits and stuff to fit the systema bodys is next to imposible unless u use real steal stuff :(

so wot i would like to ask u all is , how far off is the ics body from CA and Tm body's (the after market parts are all for these guns)

and the other question is how hard would it be to mod a systema spilt type gearbox to another (more common) metal body ?

The list of parts that i would like to use are are:

KING ARMS M4 Free float sniper kit ( short ) will be using a barrel from the long kit

RIGHT sniper stock for m16

both are from WGC

here is a pic of the gun from the film so u know wot i am talking about

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/de.../leonsniper.png

any thorghts or if u have made this gun would be great !

thanks for looking

john

ps if none of this make's sence sorry just finished my 7th 12hr shift 30 min ago :nosleep: only 1 left haha...........

Stock Marui, ICS or old CA bodys will work (hinge).

Since the sniper stock won´t fit the ICS or Systema neither at the attachment-tube nor the motor,

you´ll have drop those brand the frontsets should fit on both.

The others will left the gearbox visible in the Guncase.

As you exclude the Systema just for technical reasons get a Hurricane body and a PGC-split Gearbox. steap and a Pita to install but the only way for correct Disassembly in this case.

The King arms short front set should be fine lengthwise but fitting the cut of M16 Frontsight might be difficult.

optional JBU makes the same handguard with a short barrel and the M16 Frontsight so there´s only a barrel extension needed.

I´ll start of the old CA-body i own as Budget permits.

hi sale , Yep got a room full of ca m15's and some other make's of m4's just wanted this project to look like the gun from the film , orderd the gearbox and that will prob take me a little time to get running right :P

But i am thinking a 4-5 week time line for the full build ( want to break the cost down over a little time)

It's from the film "Leon"? Hence the topic title.

It's from the training scene with Mathilda, where she shoots the jogging politician in the park with a paint marker.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thorght i would do an update to this little project , the top half of the gun is ready now and the first thing u notice is how damn small it is , i had thorght i had got it wrong so went back to the film clip and even there for a sniper its small :P

And guys i will never buy a standard gearbox again from new ! the pro-win unit is just so sexy ! and so nice to build up i'm still waiting on some nice systema parts to build the lower half and then all i need for the gun is the stock ( just my luck there out of stock atm at wgc ) and a nice scope ( any thorghts on this guys ? )

on a side note the silencer that is used in the film i have not seen anything close to it ?

here are some pic's of the bits that have been done

000_0171.jpg

000_0172.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
Where is the picture of the rifle from, i have never seen that before?

Yeah. In the UK it Released as "Leon, The Professional." Here in the states they dropped it to "The Professional." It was pretty much our first dose of Jean Reno.

I love the project, Johnnyj! I've got the same stock for a CQB cut down inspired by the "Carter Special" from Stargate.

IMG_0498.jpg

I've since hacked the buttcap shorter (by about an inch and a half). It's a comfortable stock, but it makes the gun REALLY NOISY! The motor is twice as loud as it was in the old CA grip. I'm going to get a different body for it, with an additional upper receiver, so I can put a more practical front end on it. This one is great for CQB, but it ranges out to maybe a hundred feet. :unsure:

Can't wait to see yours when its done!

Cheers!

hi guys yes its very close ! hehe working 14hr days has been dragging it out abit :(

the only part thats missing atm is the stock and thats being orderd very soon all i need to do atm is get hold of a piller drill to make a hole in the handguard for the bi-pod

downslide very nice non-run of the mill m15 you have there !

Yeah. In the UK it Released as "Leon, The Professional." Here in the states they dropped it to "The Professional."  It was pretty much our first dose of Jean Reno. 

I love the project, Johnnyj!  I've got the same stock for a CQB cut down inspired by the "Carter Special" from Stargate.

IMG_0498.jpg

I've since hacked the buttcap shorter (by about an inch and a half).  It's a comfortable stock, but it makes the gun REALLY NOISY!  The motor is twice as loud as it was in the old CA grip.  I'm going to get a different body for it, with an additional upper receiver, so I can put a more practical front end on it. This one is great for CQB, but it ranges out to maybe a hundred feet.  :unsure:

Can't wait to see yours when its done!

Cheers!

carter specials got a longer foregrip, that one looks like its shorter than a normal m4 ras. if im wrong, sry, but it looks too short in the front.

R

Ok a day off and the flu have made me get all the GB together ,the sniper stock will be here early next week

so i have put most of it together with bits i had in the spare's box :P

000_0176.jpg

as your can see i still need to get a hole drilled in the handguard for the bipod and the body needs a very small amount of work for the 2 halfs to fit 100%

hehe and yes another scope is needed

And as for cost..... i will give a full list after its all together

The stock its self feels very nice but .... the joints along the lower half near the grip look a mess , just need to spray the scope or get a new one fitted and get some metal taken off the bushmaster site so it fits and last get the bipod fitted and it will all be done ...at last

Archived