Easy Fix for DBOYS Metal M4 series wobble problem

gunner-airsoft

Just replaced the TM broken (there's a suprise) body on a fellow airsofter's M4 with a dboys metal body (had to change the hop unit of course).

Don't know what RIS kit he has but it screws onto the barrel.

He now has the most solid M4 I've ever had the displeasure to work on.

All I did was tighten the barrel nut onto the upper reciever thread by hand.

So why are people having so much trouble with their metal dboys?

Is it that they don't know about tightening the barrel nut?

I do like how they've made the charging handle so if you just pull the upper reciever forward off the gun without lifting the charging handle, the latch spring is exposed and can ride over the pip on the top of the gearbox.

If you did that on a CA without lifting the charging handle, you'd end up with a stretched charging handle spring!

I fixed my body/barrel wobble by fitting a CA body...cost me $0 too, it was spare! My barrel nut kept coming loose no matter what I did to tighten it. Not to mention that the RIS fell off the barrel nut because it isnt fixed with anything except brute force...

Anyway the point Im making is that I put the DBoys RIS onto the CA body...not a smidgeon of barrel wobble. It tightened right up and hasnt come loose again. What makes the difference, Im not at all sure.

Archived