Star M249 Trigger switch upgrade

-Dan-

Hello all,

As many of you may know the trigger switch in the m249 is of pretty poor quality, in particular the box mag auto wind switch is less than useless.

eventually mine gave out, so i did a bit of upgrading and replaced the broken parts with a proper micro switch.

Here you can see the trigger switch and broken wire. the box mag winds when two tiny bits of metal are pushed together by the trigger. On my gun one of the bits of metal became so worn that it was touching the other part causing the box mag to wind regardless of weather the trigger was being pulled

pic01ti4.jpg

Here is a picture of the new micro switch.

pic02yh0.jpg

First i cut away some of the trigger switch so the micro switch would fit snuggly in place.

pic03tn2.jpg

Bit closer for you

pic04oj7.jpg

after some testing with hot melt glue to find the best postiion for the switch when the trigger was seated in the gun i glued the micro switch in permanently with some fast setting araldite.

pic05jz0.jpg

Next i stripped the existing wire and soldered them to the micro switch, again after some testing to make sure i fixed them to the right pins on the micro switch.

pic06wy2.jpg

Thats it.

i fixed the upgraded trigger switch back into the gun and installed the gear box.

pic07ui0.jpg

it works extreamly well, the boxmag starts to feed a fraction befor the gun fires which is a good thing, and the new mirco switch should last for the life of the gun.

Dan.

Archived