TM socom into Kart EBR 'chassis'

wally squad

Well, the answer is yes with a judicious bit of filing and moving wires to where you want the battery.

Hadn't planned on doing this but after stripping kart guts down and giving them a whole load of tlc it still doesn't feed properly and the single shot died :angry::angry::angry:

Hey ho, look at it this way, got a battery, sling, hicap, m14 hop (looks very similar to tm) and ebr chassis for £115 :D

Cheers

d

(hope tech is the right place for this!)

Well, the answer is yes with a judicious bit of filing and moving wires to where you want the battery.

Hadn't planned on doing this but after stripping kart guts down and giving them a whole load of tlc it still doesn't feed properly and the single shot died :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Hey ho, look at it this way, got a battery, sling, hicap, m14 hop (looks very similar to tm) and ebr chassis for £115  :D

Cheers

d

(hope tech is the right place for this!)

There a probably about a million airsofters with TM m14s thinking the very same thing atm, thank god someone has paved the way and tried it- good going. How much filing are we talking, and when you say filing, I assume you mean "of the ebr stock" and not "you must heavily deface your beautiful tm outer" to get this to work.

Also, I assume the ebr doesnt have room for a standard large in the foregrip, or, in a beautiful dose of pure win, does it?

Didn't expect it to be a big suprise really-the tm reciever is a bit longer than the kart and fits into the ebr better if anything-covers the gap at the rear.

For the record...

It's just a bit of filing of the motor cradle (not sure if you could just replace it with the kart version) on the wire holder tabs and quite an attack on the 'lump' that holds the adjuster screw.

cheers

d

For the record...

It's just a bit of filing of the motor cradle (not sure if you could just replace it with the kart version) on the wire holder tabs and quite an attack on the  'lump' that holds the adjuster screw.

cheers

d

You have to do that when fitting a TM M14 into a G&P EBR as well.

I found that the motor caghe made a nick in the motor connector insulatoin and caused the gun to fire whenever the battery was connected. I fixed it with a swift bit of dremelling backed-up with another 2 layers of heat-shrink over the motor connectors.

Archived