KSC/KWA Glocks..Are they all compatible?

TaQ

Hey all (tis the spammer..)

Just wondering if any Glock pro-techies (apart from Azrael, Armourpiercing etc etc) know if semiauto Glock frames are compatible with full auto slide internals and vice versa?

For example I want to fit a G18c slide, outer barrel, and all it's piston internals straight onto a G17 frame. Will this work?

Also, what about a KSC G34 (semi auto uber long slide Glock) slide going straight onto a G17 frame or maybe even a G19 frame?

I'm assuming the mech that determines the fire selector are all in the slide? Or are they all in the frame?

If a semi-auto KWC GBB DE (article found somewhere..can't remember) can be turned into full auto only by just filing down the trigger arm then I'm thinking all the firing selector is just a part that pushes the trigger arm down so it goes full auto...

Does anyone get what I'm saying? Or do I need to go back to sleep?

Cheers

TaQ

As far as I have seen, all the mechanism seems to be in the slide, so it should be compatible with a different frame. However, there may be other factors like the width of the hammer (as Cazboab mentioned above), the thickness of the rails or extruding parts on one part that may interfere with the operation of the other.

Has anyone tried this, as I'd be interested to find out too.

yes, in fact ALL the mags are interchangeable with obvious limitations, the "baby" glock 26 mags won't fit anything else but the 26C (they are just too short) the glock 19 mags (and the 26C mags) will only fit the G19 or 23F or 26, etc. (the glock 26C mags are usually G19 mags with a plastic sleeve for an extra finger grip) and the glock 23F mags are usually glock 17 mags with a bit of plastic for an extra fingerhold.

The 50 round magazine fits every single Glock KSC or (their budget version) KWA produce.

easy way of looking at it is that a standard glock 17 or 18C magazine will fit EVERYTHING else in the lineup, but smaller models' magazines won't fit these largest guns.

Once and for all... ALL parts on a KSC is interchangeable with its counterpart made by KWA - they are identical in all but trademarks and packaging, and even made on the same machine in the same plant.- well.. technically different plants. But both ere made by the same company!!

...The 50 round magazine fits every single Glock KSC or (their budget version) KWA produce...

I had a compatibility problem with the 50 round mag once. I found that while the mag did fit the KSC Glock 19 (Plastic Slide version), the valve on the back of the magazine sticks out a little more than the valves on other Glock mags. The curious result with this particular model is that as you insert the magazine, the valve can actually be pressed in by the back inside wall of the gun's grip. This vents out some of the gas. Once the mag is inserted, more gas can be vented by waggling the mag in the mag-well.

I've noticed a few of the 50 round mags that seem to have a slightly protruding valve, so I'm guessing this is common. This problem only happens with the KSC Glock 19, not the KWA one. I have absolutely no idea why :blink:

Has anyone else noticed this with the 50-rounders?

YES, ME!!!!!

It happens with the KWA G19 metal slide version AND the KSC G23F.

I noticed the valve button protrudes just a wee bit, it's noticable if you're a really REALLY picky (which me and you seem to be R22 lol)

I actually fired my G19 with the 50rounder mag in and one time the mag just DROPPED on the floor (oh SHUCKS) and the buttplate flew off upon impact and bounced off the walls.. :blink:

It's true the gas can be vented, or hissed by a tiny bit. When the mag is in the gun, pushing the mag away from you will vent it (this is when the hammer is cocked by the way) it also struggles to click in place if the hammer is uncocked....

Very weird...... Design flaw? Or is it just the G19's....? Oh and G23F's....?

hmmph.

Some of the new KWA G23Fs I had tended to spit their valve out a little- requires a little superglue, and making sure the valve is flush with the little bar it sits on.

(most of my guns have replacement hi-flow valves now anyway.- Not that it makes enough difference for the money!)

um, yes, is the truthful answer. Its simply that the way the plunger part of the valve is now constructed is supposed to attach to the spindle of the valve through nothing but brute force. its a cheaper alternative to the old way of doing it- screwthread or the way that most replacement valves use a circlip.

First off: A semi auto slide on a full auto frame will totally lock up. Do not even try it.

"I want to fit a G18c slide, outer barrel, and all it's piston internals straight onto a G17 frame. Will this work?"

Most probably not, because the hammer in a full auto Glock is narrower than on a semi auto. Should it work, it will be semi only. If you really want to have the "cool" hybrid cut barrel and slide on a semi auto frame, you'll have to swap the blowback housing from the rear of the slide.

"Also, what about a KSC G34 (semi auto uber long slide Glock) slide going straight onto a G17 frame or maybe even a G19 frame?"

The G34 already has the G17 frame. It just has the extended slide stop lever and mag catch out of the box. You can buy those separately and you can use real Glock spares with minor fitting. They are tougher and cost less than the KSC/KWA spares.

The G34 slide will not fit on the G19 frame, as will not the G17 slide. The slide lock is positioned towards the rear of the gun closer to the trigger pin. A G19 frame is not only cut from the dust cover / accessory rail to make it shorter.

"The mech that determines the fire selector are all in the slide? Or are they all in the frame?"

Both. There's an auto sear in the firing mechanism (in the frame), which trips when the slide returns to battery with the selector set on auto. On semi auto Glocks the space for the auto sear in the firing mechanism is filled by a little steel sheet.

Filing down the disconnector will cause the hammer to "follow" the slide when it returns to battery. This will cause a light strike on the valve, which leads to very inconsistant and unreliable fire. The auto sear keeps the hammer fully cocked until the slide is all the way forward. The selector mechanism does not affect the trigger arm at all.

-Sale

Whoaaa, just the info I needed Sale. Thanks for the critical you always give on Arnies! :D

..Oh and nice to see you again :)

Guess my Hybrid Glock dream's are shattered once again.. *ACK!!*

One more thing... will a G18c slide fit on a G23F frame? Me senses the G18c and G23F frames and fire selectors are the same (from close inspection of the how-to-install-G18c-metal-slide-and-barrel pictures on WGC and technical diagrams..)

Thanks again Sale :D

FFS... Can't you do a search mate? We've helped you alot with disassembling your slide when you could've just looked in the KSC manual provided. Why do you have to post here?

www.zerooneairsoft.com

www.airsoftdynamics.com

www.airsoftarmoury.com

www.wolfarmouries.co.uk

They're NOT RARE TO GET you know!

Sorry but it's getting annoying now..

TaQ: The G23F is downsized in the same manner as the G19. This obviously means that the G18C slide will not fit the G23F frame, like the G34 or G17 slides won't fit the G19 frame. If you modify the feed ramp and outer barrel, a longer slide could be used, but that's irreversible. What exactly are you trying to build?

Oh and it's nice to hear I was missed. No pun intended, as usual. :D

-Sale

lol. It's all good Sale.

To be honest I really can't see the G23F being "downsized" from the larger Glock frame series. All I can see from the G23F/G19 is the shortened front end where the 20mm rail is.... I compared this up with a G18c and the stripping levers, mag catch, slide catch, trigger and all it's internals are all in the same place, not a hair out of place.. Also the slide is exactly the same dimensions, just longer in length.

*sigh* If someone had a GBB G23F and G18c to compare it out to... v_v

The G23F is supplied with a G17 magazine with a grip extension... So the frame of the G23F has a shorter grip and accessory rail, which means it's a G19 frame. The only difference is a few parts in the firing mechanism. Did you compare using pictures or holding actual guns side by side? The slice lock (takedown lever) should be positioned just a little to the back. It's hardly noticeable, but it will prevent a G17 feed ramp from locking and the outer barrel from tilting. Everything else in the frame ("mag catch, slide catch, trigger and all it's internals") is interchangeable over different frame sizes.

-Sale

But like I said, you can modify the outer barrel and feed ramp to fit. I haven't attempted this myself, but reliable sources state that you can install a modified G17 outer barrel on a G19. (This applies to select fire guns too.) The slide itself would fit, but the outer barrel and feed ramp prevents this. They are the only parts that interfere with the slide lock. You could use the feed ramp of a compact gun and take a file or dremel to the outer barrel.

Do note that if you install a G18C slide on the G23F, the recoil spring will be visible at the front of the gun.

-Sale

Archived