Sales forums

Stealthbomber

No idea if an official message is up anywhere about this but I figure if I can't see it then you didn't either.

The management are in the process of mucking about with the sales forums, to restrict access to people with a certain number of posts, or summat.

While this is happening people are finding they have problems with accessing the sales forums.

Don't sweat it.

It'll be sorted out ASAP.

In the mean time, if you're having problems accessing the sales forums, post here with a concise description of the issue so we can see who it's affecting and how.

Cheers.

*EDIT*

FYI, this was hatched as a result of the thread HERE.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't expecting this yet either :blush:

You need to have a minimum of 100 posts in order to access the sales forums. If you already have over 100 but can't see them yet, next time you post the system will bump you to be able to see them again. Arnie is currently seeing if we can all get bumped manually to save having to post.

It might have been an idea to inform everyone. I was in middle of negotiating trade and on refresh i could no longer get into sales thread.

As said above i do my deals mainly through PM.

Luckily i was only a few posts off 100 so not that much of a problem but i can see were other people would have a problem

Apologies for the lack of notice, as I say I didn't know it was happening either.

Anyone with less than 100 posts who is in mid-trade, please pm me.

Yes, this is part of our VCRA preperations.

Those who think it's stupid, consider some other forum's approach - closing sales thread altogether. While you're entitled to your opinion, think yourselves lucky.

Any blatant spamming in order to bump yourself up to 100 posts will be spotted and dealt with via a suspension, so don't bother. You think you've got it bad? We have to deal with that for a start.

Apologies for the lack of notice, as I say I didn't know it was happening either.

Anyone with less than 100 posts who is in mid-trade, please pm me.

I was gonna post to say PM me if you are in the middle of a sale but, well, listen to Pablo. PM him. Not me. :unsure:

:P

Anyway, the idea is just to stop people showing up and starting selling stuff before they become part of the community here.

I'm sure you all agree that, despite the hassles, this has got to be a smart idea and I hope you stick it out 'till you've been around for the required period. :)

Archived