cyma M14 RAS : 45$!

sturgis

SOunds like "someone" paid a premium price for theirs :D

No, I don't even have a RAS on my 14, but in my experience, everything CYMA seems to make (with the exception of their Thompson) is plastic, and horridly made. Anyone who's seen the "billets" that used to come with their pistols will know what I mean. Now unless CYMA's made a big turnaround, its probably going to be awful.

pardon? most cyma stuff is top notch now, your stuck in the past matey. thier AK47s and 47s rock, thier m14 is good.

how they USED to be, and how they ARE now, are two different companies practically. they are as good as any acm, and better than some. so stfu, and sit down before you make more of a fool out of yourself...

R

No, I don't even have a RAS on my 14, but in my experience, everything CYMA seems to make (with the exception of their Thompson) is plastic, and horridly made. Anyone who's seen the "billets" that used to come with their pistols will know what I mean. Now unless CYMA's made a big turnaround, its probably going to be awful.

Welcome to 2007.

Sturgis said he would do a review/take pics when they came in ;)

And CYMA really has turned around. Their old spring pistols were a waste of the dollar you could buy them with at gun shows/markets. But people use their AK series when playing with TM,CA,etc. Bottom line, they really have come a long way and while yes, you can get a better RAS for more $, but the CYMA RAS won't be useless, and you'll actually get what you pay for.

well, mine just shipped out... and if it's not going to be stuck at Belgian customs (ooh how i hate it when they ship stuff with EMS, as it probably always ends up sitting on some fat lazy bastards desk <_< ), like my frotsight from PDI, it should be here after the weekend, and i'll take some pictures, i'll take my M14 to TA5 and see how it holds up aswell :)

ahaha, just got home from work, and low and behold, a RAS unit was staring me in the face when i came in the door :D

first impressions: WOW! this thing looks/feels pritty damn good :) i was expecting a heavy lump of cast pot metal, but it really is lightweight, alloy perhaps?, and what looks like it could be actually machined instead of cast...

one thing i did notice is that the supplied railrcovers are rather loose, but not sure yet if that is because of the RAS itself ot the railcovers...

i'll take some pictures in the next hour orso...

but so far it seems very promising :D

Archived