TM AK74MN

Shinden

Hey folks! It's about time I started to give some update from the Nov. Issue of Arms magazine.

This issue has featured the latest TM AK74MN model in its black body glory.

Externally we've seen the AK74 to be a modernized AK with the 104 style collapsible stock, new grip, trigger, rib, body, barrel, flashhider, scope mount base,and foregrip. And so many skeptics beleived this was just a regular AEG.

Now this is where it's added with a twist!

TM's latest focus have now shifted to AEG auto-blowback system. Not only this, but some parts of the new AK74 MN is made in pressed steel (like the rib section). Given this is a new AEG, this is a new gearbox probably and this is also clarified with the new magazine design.

New spots includes Type 89 know how areas like the Dial- type hop up system instead of the classic lever hop up on the AKs. The magazine is also designed to have the follower like the Type 89. Metal parts are used heavily on the gun like the Type 89. And finally flash hider is removable like the Type 89.

It is described the new AK74MN's blowback feature is that of comparable to a gas blowback system as it has a high-response and trigger ping time.

Lately Japan's law on guns have become strict and seized the motive of custom guns for high power. Before model guns provided realistic shooting experiance with blowback with shell ejection, then BV system guns, then the rise of AEGs and gas blowbacks. AEGs clearly became a status in airsoft or a benchmark for players to create high powered guns.

Now with the laws on the airsoft guns have become strict, there is little point in upgrading guns in certain countries. So Tokyo Marui has added a new mark in airsoft. This is the realistic blowback and recoil system. If you cannot make a gun shoot hard, then you'll make the gun that shoots with a hard kick.

Tokyo Marui has now introduced the TM AK74MN as it's latest choice in the "Shoot and recoilshock" system. This means everytime you pull the trigger, the gun will shoot a BB, followed by a heavy blowback kick and recoil shock. This in turns makes the user hold the gun like a real gun instead of a recoil less AEG.

On Oct 13 and 14, this will be shown at the Radio Control Hobby Show in Japan. More detail will follow.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its still a AK74M you don't put N on the modernised version and its a 74m stock that is on the AK-103 not the other way around, Silly marui :P

I would love blowback, i may have to nick the system and put it in my VFC :) However if marui is starting to produce scope mountable AKs we could see a market of cheap AK scopes, good thing for me as i cant afford RS ones

Hmm well wether the recoil will be anything of note... I will be pleasantly suprised if it is. if anyone can pull it off it's TM but I keep thinking back to their VSR with it's "real shock" <_<

Still a reciprocating bolt (that won't break after a few shots) is definately something I'd be interested in.

Just to avoid any confusion and to double check, this AK74's magazine is NOT compatible with the previous AK magazines.

I hope that's because they've put something in the gun/mags that stops it firing when it's out of BBs - I also suspect that with this new gearbox design they've had to shuffle the feed from the mag forwards

We don't know. We haven't seen pictures of the gearbox, and unless ARMS is showing it (which I don't know because I don't have a copy of ARMS with me), I assume noone knows anything about the internals. Therefor, I'm going to say:

A) We don't know.

B) Drawing from what we DO know, PROBABLY NOT. If it takes different magazines and uses a different gearbox configuration like Shinden has posted, then no.

Archived