ICS plastic bodies? Yup!

Pariah_WP

Airsoft News EU is reporting that ICS has made the leap that G&G and Classic Army recently made in constructing plastic body airsoft replicas!

Yet another news from ICS. Success of Chinese replicas is (probably) hurting sales of big companies and introduction of ABS bodied replicas is clearly a temporary solution. Latest plastic replica from first tier manufacturer are ICS' MP5 A4 and MP5 A5:

For the entry level and welcome new players,ICS released MP5 in plastic ver.

Internal parts are absolutely same as metal ver and design,very easily to modify from plastic to metal receiver.

Easy maintenance and fast dis/assemble design.

Here is a look at it:

post-41486-1192652418_thumb.jpg

Looks like we have more affordable airsoft options. I for one hope this trend goes well. I would rather grab a quality plastic bodied gun from a trusted manufacturer than a less reliable clone in most cases. Then again those clones are improving everyday and China is offering more and more original designs too. Only time will tell I guess.

That was my first thought too, Boba. However having more affordable offerings for newcomers to the sport or the old pro looking for a project body is welcome. The fact that ICS, G&G and Classic Army have all added plastic bodies to their line up just represents more options for the operator and that is a good thing in my mind. Then again, I know how to mod the cocking tube with pipe to strengthen it, so I am good either way. ;D

To be honest CYMA is getting better and better with good prices. AGM has still all top products with metal bodys, A&K is on the way switching to metal bodies, both in the "economy class". TM is reacting to the market with new weapons and more and more metal at the "high price sector". And the three most non-inventing manufacturers start producing cheap plastic stuff? Don´t think this plan will be a success. All this is about to ruin the market, and the first "buisiness hopper" will soon ship to new shores ;)

I'm sorry but after the mass of Plastic guns already out i dont bget why this is happening?

If i get the choice of a plastic ICS MP5 which if internally the same as the metal ones, really arn't that great (i have 2 now & broke several in the past) i would go with a TM or an ACM - the ACM guns are as good as TM easily.

Build guns that are original, we know its possible as we have had a pretty good couple of years of new models with the SCAR, FN Fal, AKSU etc - this is back tracking!!

Its just another money making bandwagon to hop on - it's lazyness at its best.

Its one step away from Non hop-up AEG's.

What would you prefere? a Colt CAR-15 (re)made, full metal famas', Walther 2000's & decent priced Barret .50 cals.

OR!!

A plastic MP5A5 or M4A1.

Please...

AP.

Kind of scary, is this a result of airsoft piracy? Have the clone companies built their success on the mindwork of others?

Perhaps this is a sign that we need to alter our view on intellectual property.

(i'm not trying to convince you to join "my" side in the conflict, I've never been sure of what I think and now I'm getting these wibes...)

Kind of scary, is this a result of airsoft piracy? Have the clone companies built their success on the mindwork of others?

urm werent the CA and ICS the result of intellectual piracy in the first place, or do we all have selective memories that only go back two or three years? pot kettle black if you ask me

I actually think this is evolution to some degree. I mean this is a valid niche and these manufacturers have every right to attempt to try to occupy it with THE big dog if they think that they can compete for some of the market share. I will take more guns, even if they have already been done, over less guns. More pricepoints means a better spread of options for the consumer. The cloners had better see this and react with more original goods to keep up. Their niche is in jeopardy with all these proven companies edging in. More for us. More price points across the board. Ethics will be proven out by where we shell out our dough, me thinks. I personally would rather some some new blood start innovating AND charing reasonable prices for their work. TM does do ridiculous mark ups. Why shouldn't they though? There isn't enough new goods coming out and setting standards from anywhere else. Those that want quality know where to get it. Those that weigh cost over quality higher know where to get their guns. It's all good. Everyone has a place to spend their money in this model. Lets face it more competition is good. Now if only there were some actual worth wild upper tier manufacturers busting in and making some new and interesting products, then we would REALLY see this market start shuffling about. I pray that TM gets some innovative, high quality competition soon. It would be great.

TM does do ridiculous mark ups. Why shouldn't they though?

No, no they don't. Go and look at how much TM guns are in Japan, the markup comes from the distribution chain from which TM have pretty much nothing to do with.

In the context of the Mp5, no sorry there's no innovation or extra features in the gearbox, just in the take down of the receiver, on the M4(which as far as this thread leads me to believe there's no plans to make in plastic budget form) then yeah the gearbox is different enough that it wouldn't count as a clone(though I'm sure marui would disagree).

As for any of the gearboxes being "poo", yes there were problems back in the stone age with tappet plates and bushings, and there were teething troubles with the first few AKs they made but these have been corrected on newer (i.e. since late 2006) models of the guns.

I really hope the follow suit and bring out some plastic bodied M4s for me to cannibalise though...

I really hope the follow suit and bring out some plastic bodied M4s for me to cannibalise though...

Here, here! Not sure if ABS would take the abuse of all the swapping about between upper gearboxes I do though. They'd have to review the receiver's locking pin/tab design...or I'd have to be more careful.

Archived