TM Glock 17 Slide jamming fix.

gisburn20

I love my TM Glock 17 , it's accurate and has a very good range for a pistol.

It also used to be very reliable.

Running on Propane with an Aluminium slide , ran very nicely.

Then it started jamming , playing a lot of pistol games at urban assault I noticed quite a few people with the same problem.

1st round out of a mag the slide would go back too far and this little bit

JamCause.jpg

pops up in front of the track it's supposed to run in jamming the slide open , until you can find a little pokey thing to push it back down!

very very annoying , I had a little think, and finally came up with this.

DSCN1817.jpg

I measured the amount of excess movement possible with the slide off and upside down next to the rest of the gun

DSCN1813.jpg

then I cut a slice of rubber tube the thickness of the excess movement ( ie. about 5mm on mine) the tube i think was soft rubber pipe OD= 15mm ID=10mm

it's a loose fit over the recoil springand just about fits inside the mech although you need to line it up a bit more carefully when reassembling.

This acts as a buffer between the slide tip where the spring fits and the metal piece forming the rails on the body.

It stops the slide where it's supposed to, and so far has totally stopped this jamming.

It's a bit trial and error getting the thickness of the buffer right , thin enough to allow the slide to lock back , but thick enough to stop the slide running off too far, but it's still only a 5 minute job with a bit of hose and a craft knife! (the 3rd one i cut was the charm !)

Hope this helps.

Jim

That's a nice fix, but I imagine it can also be cure by rounding the end of one leg on the blowback chamber. I find this also happens with 1911s/2011s. What slide are you using?

Using a Guarder Aluminium Slide

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/store/comers...?idProduct=2366

didnt really want to take a file to it ! , But I did think that KSC's have a D shaped buffer up front on the recoil spring , It didnt fit so i made this.

I heard someone talking about Firesupport ( Local retailer) getting in some replacement parts (G26-36 I think) but this is cheaper and a heck of a lot simpler than stripping out a glock hammer mech etc.

there were a lot of TM G17 showing this fault last time out on a night pistol game.

Jim

If you want to fix this without adding a buffer, you can simply pop out the trigger mech pin, remove the trigger mech screw, and then lift it up (may require to pull the trigger simultaneously to get the trigger bar to rise high enough).

Then with the trigger bar poking up from the pistol at an angle, look at the rear part. It's actually the fin gisburn20 circled in the first picture. Look at that part from the side, and you may notice that it has bent forward ever so slightly. Bend it to point straight up again, and the problem is solved.

-Sale

• 2 weeks later...

Archived