VLTOR MUR Replica by DYTac

uscmCorps

Here's a world wide exclusive for all you VLTOR lovers out there...

Not many of you are familiar with the airsoft aftermarket parts manufacturer DYTac. They're a fresh new company that up till now have been selling products coated in Multicam Hydrographic Film, such as the Multicam IBH, Multicam M4 Mid-Cap mags, Multicam Vertical grip, to name but a few. The owner of DYTac actually has a prominent role in another relatively well known Hong Kong aftermarket parts manufacturer (which will remain nameless). It was his hope to bring new products to the airsoft market which the partners of his other company deemed "wouldn't sell". LOL... It was that kind of narrow mindedness that compelled the owner of DYTac to start his own company to make replicas of some of the more obscure real steel components out there. A wise decision in my opinion.

DYTac has a very strong vision of the kind of product they hope to manufacture and sell. The first product on their plate is the Modular Upper Receiver (aka... MUR) originally designed by the real steel parts manufacturer, VLTOR. The VLTOR MUR, is 100% G&P compatible. So if you have a G&P M4 receiver, you can simply slide off the old upper, and slide on the MUR. It's as simple as that! :)

When the final production pieces are released in the next few weeks (probably about 2-3 weeks) the first production run will be a limited run. The first production run, and any further production runs are all made using CNC machining. Each piece is made from one solid piece of aluminum (or aluminium for my fellow Brits). Against my advice, DYTac is pricing these to sell and sell fast. I say "against my advice", because I strongly recommended a much higher MSRP to DYTac than what the final piece will cost the consumer. In my opinion, the quality of the piece, the fact that it's all CNC'ed, material cost, production cost, the limited quantity of the first run... I honestly feel that DYTac is undervaluing this product. However, they feel that as part of their business philosophy, they wish to produce high quality replicas for affordable prices in order to keep sales strong. I can't comment on the exact MSRP currently, but I can probably say that it is somewhere in the $150+/- range. Some may still consider this a steep price for just half a receiver, but consider the fact that this is a limited production run (100 pieces) and that it is CNC'ed... IMHO, I'd expect this kind of thing to cost in the $200-$300 range if it were made by most other high-end aftermarket parts makers.

First, some pics of a sample piece for your enjoyment (note that the forward assist is absent from the pics, but will be present in the finished pieces):

mursample01zm3.jpg

mursample02br5.jpg

mursample03zl8.jpg

mursample04tx8.jpg

Currently, I'm still a little fuzzy as to what, if any accessories this comes with (such as bolt cover, fake bolt, etc.). I was under the impression that the set will come with a real steel bolt cover... but like I said, my memory is a bit fuzzy on the details. However, given that this is 100% G&P compatible, chances are, if you already have a G&P receiver, all those parts will drop right into the MUR as well.

Here's some pics of the parts being CNC'ed at various stages:

* Pic 01

* Pic 02

* Pic 03

* Pic 04

* Pic 05

Here's what the first rough draft looked like (not even considered a prototype, just a quickly machined part to test accuracy of the CAD files):

murprototype01wu4.th.jpg murprototype02tl6.th.jpg murprototype03hb0.th.jpg murprototype04mq2.th.jpg murprototype05uk9.th.jpg murprototype06fs9.th.jpg

* Another pic of the Forward assist assembly rough drafts

Trademarks are laser engraved and 100% accurate. They have been carefully reproduced by a skilled graphic designer (*ahem* :rolleyes: ), and even features the UID (Unique ID) code engraved on the top of the flattop, at the rear. One important note about trademarks, as many of you know, a lot of the HK retailers have a tendancy to cover, or in some cases destroy trademarks (where's that puke emoticon when I need it?). Anyway, once these are available at your favorite retailer, make sure you make the necessary inquiries with that retailer prior to purchasing the part as to how they deal with trademarks. At one point, Redwolf only destroyed trademarks of complete guns, but recent reports have come in that they've been doing that to parts/components as well. It would really suck to receive your MUR and have all the nice trademarks that "someone" worked hard to produce. ;)

The finish of the piece is done through anodizing just like the real steel version is. From the samples I have seen, and compared to my own RS VLTOR MUR, you simply can't get this replica any closer to the RS piece. It's just that good.

Personally, I'm really hoping to see King Arms produce their new M4 receivers with the STAG ARMS logo on the left, and VLTOR on the right as that is how it is on the real steel version. (Don't worry KA has the necessary artwork ;) ). Then I could drop my new MUR onto the top of that and call it a day. It's also worth noting that the VLTOR receiver that's been out there for almost a year now is also G&P compatible (because it's actually a rebranded G&P receiver). So you could just as easily drop the MUR on the top of one of those to have a VLTOR upper and lower. SO HAWT!

Needless to say, this is not the last piece we will be seeing from DYTac. There are other awesome products on the horizon (none of which I can comment on at this time). But as they get closer to completion, I will bring that info to you asap. ;)

Hope you guys are as excited about this as I was. I can't wait to put my LaRue 7" rail on this. More pics to come in about a week.

Wow, that's awesome, and cheaper than i expected when compared to some other CNC'd kits out there.

I know right? You guys will all hate me... but I really did push for a higher price. :P

How about mentioning a *cough hk417 *cough there way? :D

I'll mention it... but there's even more tastier products coming down the pipe. *So excited!* :)

I'll mention it... but there's even more tastier products coming down the pipe. *So excited!* :)

Custom built Magpul Masada tasty? I don't know if yall have the technology for one, but it would be a killer gun to have out on the market.

Also a Calico or a Sterling would be grand...

Honestly, they should be selling these things at the cost of the REAL MUR.

Its essentially the same thing converted to airsoft dimensions. Its a quality product and its price should reflect that.

As a consumer i shouldnt be complaining because it saves me money but a company thats willing to produce pieces made out of non standard materials, ie NOT POT METAL should be rewarded.

Its essentially the same thing converted to airsoft dimensions. Its a quality product and its price should reflect that.

As a consumer i shouldnt be complaining because it saves me money but a company thats willing to produce pieces made out of non standard materials, ie NOT POT METAL should be rewarded.

Custom built Magpul Masada tasty? I don't know if yall have the technology for one, but it would be a killer gun to have out on the market.

Also a Calico or a Sterling would be grand...

A Masada would be unlikely. The tooling cost would be highly prohibitive especially for limited production runs. While I would LOVE a Masada, I'd rather just wait for Magpul to make one. That way you will know for sure that it's 100% externally accurate. A Calico or Sterling... interesting. But I think DYTac's current interests are more in the vein of modern/current aftermarket parts. Contemporary parts, especially ones that haven't been reproduced yet, tend to be a more secure business gamble. ;)

That was exactly my point to them. However, I personally find it invigorating to know that there are companies out there, like DYTac, who are willing to produce a very highend product at more than affordable prices in order to ensure strong sales and for the pure love of airsoft. The owner of DYTac isn't just a businessman, he's also an avid player and although I strongly recommended a higher MSRP, I applaud and respect his decision to stick with these core business values. Thumbs up in my book. :)

Before you put your 7" Larue on it did dytac also replicate the proper threading?

Hmmm... good point. I'm not sure about that. I know he has the same LaRue rail over there. I'll ask him. Worst case scenario I could buy a Delta Ring Modification Kit to bring it up to spec. :mellow: But knowing DYTac, they've probably made it to milspec.

You know what really blows donkey nuts besides my double post up above (sorry mods, computer took a ######), vltor just updated the MUR in order for it to better fit larue rails.

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.u....html#murupdate

Im guessing the version that hes replicating is the old version.

You know what really blows donkey nuts besides my double post up above (sorry mods, computer took a ######), vltor just updated the MUR in order for it to better fit larue rails.

http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/ar.u....html#murupdate

Im guessing the version that hes replicating is the old version.

Yeah I noticed that too. On the other hand, I've read that you can actually do with out those anti-rotational clamps as it already has two pins inside like a normal freefloat. Worst case scenario I'll just mod mine like MM did.

Got some new info. The threading on these are all spec-ed to Tokyo Marui. So installing a LaRue will most likely require re-threading... which isn't as bad as it sounds. You simply take a Madbull Delta Ring Modification Re-threader, and re-cut the thread by hand. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes. I'll probably try and order a re-threader tonight.

Regarding the LaRue rails, the anti-rotation clip had to be modified in the same manner as how Cas from MilitaryMorons did his. This is because the outer dimensions of the DYTac AEG version of the MUR are identical to that of the real steel MUR. :)

Regarding quantities and where to order... The first run is still 100 pieces, and it is unclear if there will be more production runs beyond that. If these sell well (which I expect they will), there may indeed be additional production runs in the future. *Fingers Crossed!*.

It has still not been determined as to which retailers will be carrying these. However, retailer interest has been very strong and projected sales indicate all will be purchased immediately for resale. I have been offered by DYTac first pick of as many as I would like for resale prior to the retailers getting their mitts on them, so I may pick up about 20 of these MURs in order to guarantee those members on these forums who are interested in one... will get one. I'm hoping to keep the costs down, i.e. I won't make any money off these, but I'm doing it because I really believe in this product and I'm excited to see it out there. Prices will be Retail Price + Domestic S&H for US residents. Everywhere else in the world, will be exact shipping costs via USPS Express.

So if you're interested shoot me a PM. It'll be first come first serve. :)

New pics of the DYTac VLTOR MUR installed on a G&P Colt M4A1 Lower Receiver:

murinstalled01smallnh2.jpg

murinstalled02smallib2.jpg

murinstalled04smalldu7.jpg

murinstalled03smallrz9.jpg

Also, I just got word from DYTac that the MSRP was a little more than originally expected. The MSRP is now $178 and I'm required to abide by that price. However, the good part is that I will charge you exact S&H cost (in other words, I don't inflate S&H costs unlike the retailers in HK). You will only have to pay the shipping cost from me to you.

Would it work with other MBKs or just G&P?

Good question. I'm not sure I'm afraid. It may be compatible with other M4 brands. Are other M4 brands like VFC, HurricanE, CA and Guarder etc generally cross compatible?

Very cool! You can really tell the difference in quality between the upper and lower.

Yep. You just can't beat CNC'ed machining for a quality part! ;)

Hm... well the ACM metal bodies are clones of the G&P's... ;)

Then those should probably be fine. ;)

Actually I've seen pics of uppers and lowers that have been mix and matched between different brands. It's possible that it'll work, but to be honest all my M4s are G&P so I wouldn't know about cross compatibility myself.

• 1 month later...

LAST CALL for orders.

The MURs are ready to ship to me from HK. I want to make sure I'm not missing anybody who might want in on this deal. The MSRP is still US$178 which will be the same price as any other HK online retailer. The difference being that you'll get yours before anyone else, you'll be guaranteed one of these limited production pieces whereas the HK retailers will have limited stock, but more importantly, you'll only pay the actual shipping from me here in the US to you where ever you are. No inflated shipping charges which we all know the HK retailers love to do. I'll be eating the cost of shipping the MURs from HK to me over here state side. I'll barely break even, but I just want to make sure that those of you who want one will get one.

If you're interested in one (or more) email this address, DYTacUSA@gmail.com with your following contact info:

* Full Name

* User Name (if you have one. If you're just surfing the board as a guest please note that).

* Quantity of MURs desired

* Shipping Address

* Payment method (paypal will incur 5% paypal fee, Money Orders and Bank Drafts incur no fees)

Email Subject should read "DYTac VLTOR MUR Order"

Get back to me ASAP as I think I'm only going to do this once.

Edit:

BTW, a while back someone asked me about the King Arms MUR that was mentioned on Airsoft-News.eu recently. The owners of DYTac and King Arms actually know one another quite well. They're targeting different markets though.

The King Arms MUR:

- They are made out of aluminum cast pot metal. This makes them a bit cheaper, however they won't be nearly as strong and the details will be softer.

- Painted Black

- They're only compatible with King Arm's new proprietary receivers. Not compatible with G&P lowers.

- Won't be available for a while yet (that was just a prototype).

- WILL NOT HAVE TRADEMARKS.

The DYTac MUR:

- CNC Machined out of high grade aluminum. Makes them a bit more expensive, but they're strong, with clean sharp lines, and 100% accurate in dimensions to the real deal.

- Anodized black just like the real thing

- Compatible with the highly common G&P (but not King Arms).

- Available immediately

- TRADEMARKS

I just like to keep everyone aware of their options. As has been established, this isn't a cheap part. I had one guy flip out on me when he was informed these weren't going to be available for $40 or some other low ball amount. This is a high-end part. You're paying for quality and accuracy. If you're not concerned with either of those, then I highly recommend buying the King Arms version when it comes out. The KA MUR won't suck, but it definitely won't be as good. So if you'd rather buy the other one, I certainly won't be offended. Just want to make sure these are going to people who will appreciate them. :)

Archived