Trigger Happy - M240B

orca

Spartan Imports has released more info on the soon to be available Trigger Happy M240B. This will be a complete AEG, not a kit. The TGS M240B recently made an appearance at Operation Irene thanks to Spartan.

240candid1.jpg240candid2.jpg

Arriving within 1-2 weeks is the TGS M240B!

The FIRST authentic premium quality airsoft medium machine gun. Perfect for vehicle mounting, platoon machine gunner role playing, bunker defense, or display. The M240 machine gun is every infantryman’s best friend!

Features:

• Fully precision CNC machined high grade T6061 aluminum
  • Realistic quick change barrel
  • Realistic quick strip receiver, grip, and stock
  • Stowable bipod
  • Large battery capacity
  • Motorized authentic looking M240 high capacity box magazine
  • Lightweight and sturdy – perfect for skirmish carry without inducing fatigue
  • High quality internal mechbox mechanism

I heard rumors from players gawking at this thing at Irene that it will be in the $1500 mark. I hope I heard wrong, if I didn't I hope they were confused, because I want one and thats a hefty price. Like I said though, this was merely what I heard and I have nothing to back that up as fact

I held that m240 at Op Irene this last weekend and I must say that thing is freakin light! I own a CA m249 mk II and the m240 is lighter than that = 0

It was a nice gun. Got to check it out at Irene. Very very heavy, don't think I'd trade my PTWs for it in the field however.

:unsure:

Observe...this is how myth and legend are born. Two completely opposite versions of 'truth' :P

One thing we can say for certain ....it's bigger than a breadbox ;)

Slainte!

I too got to fondle this beast at OPI. I have to say that I agree with it being light. I'm not knocking it, but it was lighter than a lot of Para M249's that I've held. As for the internals, it was being said (at the AEX tent) that it had a V3 mechbox, but only time will tell. Over all it felt very solid, but of course it was a new out of the box weapon.

I held it at Irene.

It was huge, and very light. If it were the size of an MP-5 it would seem heavy, but you see all things are relative here. For its size, it is incredibly light. Empty without ammo or battery mind you. Someone there also had a VFC BAR (the limited one) which was both heavy and long... That guy was dedicated to that weapon.

The difficulty in playing with the 240B, I imagine, will come from the fact that it is abou as long as a football field. Thing is massive. I would really dig mounting it onto a technical or armored car however. And the charging handle does function, though the effect is not spectacular, it's there.

If it is heavy to you or not is pretty subjective.

Archived