G&P PEQ II Functional Lasers released

Titleist

Sorry if this has been posted before, but these have been 'coming soon' for close to 2 years now. A 1:1 functioning laser. I've heard they cancelled the proposed IR and Green Laser versions due to cost and producing 3 models wasn't going to be cost effective.

But hey, they're out. Which means for anyone who wants a great PEQ that looks right, works right, and doesn't need to store a battery, here ya go:

GP467A-L.jpg

Available now at WGC and Redwolf.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So with no IR illuminator, is this jsut an absurdly big standard laser?

Personally I don't see the point in them when you can get something which is a third of the size and does the same job for less money. Only reason for PEQ's is to hold a fat *fruitcage* off battery in guns with no stock/folding stock LOL

If they brought one out with the IR illuminator, I'd definately get one :)

Ok, so I'm a neophyte to the world of PEQ's ....well really to most modern gear, just got my first M4 and all :unsure:

anyway, I need a battery holder for my G&P because I have a RIS installed- so far the PEQ battery boxes I've seen are big and cheap looking, and the lasers don't work- this one looks much better, but it's not a battery compartment you say??

What makes it worth $114 devalued Amurrican dollahs?

yikes...what's a man to do :(

It's probably expensive because its a Flashlight and a Laser in one.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?itm=GP-LS-467A

King Arm's make a PEQ case which holds a battery and has a working laser but its slightly bigger than the real version

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...SER_cat_Battery Pack

If you check out the battery case section on WGC you can get ones including a battery too.

So with no IR illuminator, is this jsut an absurdly big standard laser?

Personally I don't see the point in them when you can get something which is a third of the size and does the same job for less money. Only reason for PEQ's is to hold a fat *fruitcage* off battery in guns with no stock/folding stock LOL

If they brought one out with the IR illuminator, I'd definately get one :)

Keep in mind in most countries IR lasers are illegal or restricted items. Also 114 dollars for a 1:1 dimension and weight replica that functions like the real one is a bargain, considering the real one IF you can find it is 1400-2400+ dollars. Trust me, I know, I lost nearly 1200 on a PEQ2 purchase that turned out to be a scam. That said, this is geared at players/collectors who've wanted a true-spec PEQ unit but wanted something solid and functional. This is in the same ballpark as the PAQ4C that G&P makes, i.e a good laser that looks and feels like the real deal. Whereas the VFC is extremely fragile and light. Plus this one features a true detachable mount, so the PEQ can be stored in a bag when not needed but re-installed later with a thumbscrew.

So Guiness, obviously this isn't the laser for you, it's the trade off, you can't really have a true looking PEQ battery box because of battery concerns, this one is not geared to people hiding batteries in the PEQ, it's geared towards people who want to have a gun loadout with a PEQ and it actually look decent.

Obviously I ordered one first thing, since I've been waiting forever for this. IR would have been cool, I may open up the light and install an IR filter (I've got a sheet or two of the stuff), but even as a red laser that's still a good deal for 114.

Fantastic, Thanks Titleist!

I'm sure I will be getting one as well, I'll just rewire the G&P to the back and use a.....dare I say it?

Battery bag- <_<

Or until I start seeing more crane type stocks on m4's at Army.mil ;)

Thanks again for the G2!

Dude I've been seeing a ton of LMT CRANE stocks in use these days.

Oh I know, but going by the Government 'Use it til you run out or it don't work no more' mentality, it still seems like most front liners are using old beat-to-fu** M4 stocks.

Aren't the Cranes mostly used by SEAL's?

It´s about time. :fez:

I can´t wait to get mine next week.

Meh, it's too mcuh weight to add to the front of the gun; it throws off the balance, especially for M4's. I have a PQE2 battery unit for my 416 and it really messes with the balance unless you have very strong arms. Of course, that gun's just heavy overall too...

Meh, it's too mcuh weight to add to the front of the gun; it throws off the balance, especially for M4's. I have a PQE2 battery unit for my 416 and it really messes with the balance unless you have very strong arms. Of course, that gun's just heavy overall too...

This isnt a battery box...

I've been waiting forever for this (specifically the IR version).

But I recently gave up! Arg.... I'm now waiting for a functional replica of the LA-5/PEQ - AN/PEQ-15 ATPIAL for my SOPMOD Block-2 kit.

I can dream, can't I?

Yahoo, shipped! After I finish staring at it lustfully, tearing it all into little pieces and see what parts I can replace to get it working as an IR laser/illuminator will be the next thing that gets done to it. *eyes Surefire M1 illuminator* Doubt the LED will drop into the PEQ, but one never learned a thing from not trying.

Yahoo, shipped! After I finish staring at it lustfully, tearing it all into little pieces and see what parts I can replace to get it working as an IR laser/illuminator will be the next thing that gets done to it. *eyes Surefire M1 illuminator* Doubt the LED will drop into the PEQ, but one never learned a thing from not trying.

You tried your best and failed miserably. The lesson is: never try -Homer Simpson

:P

Slainte!

Archived