Echo 1/CAW M1014 Long version shotgun first looks...

booligan

Well, that big brown box came and brought me a present, courtesy of Echo 1. The M1014 long version has arrived!

This thing is sexy x100! I'll post some pics in here while I work on the full review.

Easly observations are:

Great matte black paintjob

Outstanding build quality

Good materials, lots of strong plastic and metal

Most importantly: IT CAN USE TM or TSD SHELLS!

31817560822.jpg

31817560865.jpg

31817560915.jpg

31817561189.jpg

31817561228.jpg

31817561027.jpg

31817561075.jpg

31818134543.jpg

31818134518.jpg

31818134580.jpg

Here is the stock magazine:

31818202194.jpg

Holds 29 rounds, and fires 25.

Here is a size comparo with a TSD shell:

31818202122.jpg

It will fit, lock in, and feed with TM or TSD shells with zero modifications. It's a bit tricky to get the shell out, but I've got shell changes down to 4 seconds or so.

You get 10 shots with the TSD shell, and 26 with the TM.

The mock bolt does not move back. No open breach on this one guys...

It is quite heavy, I'll weigh it tomorrow

I shot a can with interesting results:

It went straight through the can bottom EDGE easily with a .20 gram TSD bb. That indicates 450-480 FPS :o

I'm sure it'll calm down, but that is very impressive. In the paperwork it says that CAW made them to 2 joule power specs, per Echo1, which puts it at about 460 fps.

Accuracy is great, even without cleaning the barrel. I need heavier bbs now though, since it's shooting so hot.

Yep, it went straight through the edge of the bottom of the can, meaning 450-480. Pretty nutty. It should calm down after a while though.

It's just the little tidbits of info I picked up today. Expect a big chunky 3000 word review in a few days. I'll provide the linky when it's done :)

It's more about ASR not allowing published reviews get reproduced elsewhere, Echo 1 would want their review put EVERYWHERE :)

Mars: Airsoft GI got the short versions in stock today, no word on the long one yet. I got it the day after it arrived from Japan, but it should be landing in stores soon.

Cleaned the barrel out today. Surprisingly not too dirty (CAW Japanese quality :) )

Internal frame is aluminum, and it supposedly has a reinforced piston, cylinder, and spring guide, all made to Echo 1 specs. There is a great part list in the manual.

Apparantly, Echo 1 is the sole licensed distributor for CAW in the US now, so if you want a legitimate CAW, gotta go through Echo.

When you first mentioned it uses TM shells I thought it fired a three BB shot. You had me excited! :P

Nonetheless it looks nice. I know the full review is coming, but could you comment on the accuracy of the gun and the quality of the hop up? And do you have any idea if it's compatible with standard tightbores? This would be pretty effective in a skirmish if you could get the range of a good bolt action sniper with the easy cocking action of a shotgun.

Archived