Inokatsu Galil and AK series magazine issues

Minimi

I just realize that Inokatsu Galil and AK series complete AEG don't work well with TM AK series hi-cap magazine. Once I load in the hi-cap, the BBs fed into the chamber, but didn't fed very well during firing. So many blank fires when shooting them. I tried my buddy's SRC hi-cap magazine for AK series, it worked better, but still had blank fires but not so often.

Questions :

1. Is there any way that I can modify my TM hi-cap so it will work properly, feed properly during firing on my Inokatsu Galil & AK series ?

2. Which hicap for AK series works best with Inokatsu AK series ?

Anybody got experience / suggestion, please ? Thank you

Most feed issues are due to a mismatch between different makes of gun/mag.

Does it work OK, or better, if you push the mag up into the magwell hard, and hold it there?

If it does there are two things you can try.

1. You can trim a tiny amount off the 'nose' of the latch that holds the BBs in the mag.

Maglatchmod.jpg

2. You can add some material to the underside of the lug (on the mag) that the mag latch bears on. Epoxy on a piece of thin metal (cut from a can for example) or plastic, or just build it up with epoxy putty and file down until the mag fits nicely.

You may have to do both.

1. I even totally remove the BB stopper / sprung latch on the mag itself, means the BB will flow continuously if I wind up the gear at the bottom of the mag. This should prevent BB feeding problem to the chamber. But somehow I still have the blank fire issue.

2. Would you mind give me a picture of the cure number 2 please ?

Thank's a lot for your help.

A couple of additional things to consider...

If you've put a lot of rounds through it you may need a new tappet plate

If you're setup for a high ROF. reduce the ROF, reduce your voltage, and or install a sector chip

Check that the hopup chamber is aligned with the gearbox.

Try a different hopup chamber

1. I even totally remove the BB stopper / sprung latch on the mag itself, means the BB will flow continuously if I wind up the gear at the bottom of the mag. This should prevent BB feeding problem to the chamber. But somehow I still have the blank fire issue.

2. Would you mind give me a picture of the cure number 2 please ?

Thank's a lot for your help.

If you've removed the latch and you're still have feeding issues then it's not the mag at fault, so doing the mag lug mod won't help.

As Freq88 suggested, it may be something to do with your ROF if it's fairly high (20+rps) or tappet plate...or both.

The sector chip, or 'delayer', is a small disc which slips on to the sector gear tappet 'post' and effectively lengthens the amount of time the nozzle is held open for, giving the BBs more time to feed.

Delayer...

The hole fits over the pin and the cutout sits on the sector gear axle.

Archived