My problem with Warther Originals Online

Swerve

I'm beyond frustrated now with this "business". I did an Ebay "buy it now" on an item they stock (after a recommendation from these forums).

I paid immediately but I have yet to receive the goods, or even get any proper evidence that they have been posted.

I am now completely fed up with the level of service that has been offered to me. In short, I want my goods. I have just now left negative feedback on Ebay wrt this item. Didn't want to but I am now feeling I had no choice. I have not withheld any communications on my part, as you can see, I have been polite and reasonable.

New Classic Army AUG Cock/Carry/ Rail Handle Assembly

Item number: 260161049396

This item has been paid through PayPal. Payment was sent to: warthers_originals@hotmail.com on 17-Oct-07.

Tracking number supplied

#######################################

First comms: 15 Nov 2007

Dear warthers_originals_online,

Hi there!

Is this item now in transit? Not showing up as sent on the tracking

Cheers

Bill

Reply from Warthers:

Dear xxxxx

She went out on the 22nd of October...

John

My next message:

No sign of it here yet.

This is what the label tracker shows:

Label/Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on October 22, 2007 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.

Any ideas? I have no other way of tracing this parcel from what I can see. USPS advice is refer to sender.

Cheers

xxxxxxx

A follow up after no reply from Warther:

Could you please look into this.

I paid promptly yet have not received the goods, and the parcel tracker does not show that they have been sent.

If you do not have the part then let me know so that I can request a refund.

Another follow up from me via ebay, again no reply as yet:

WHOA!!

Having just read the argument you had with Justin Kovacs on ArniesAirsoft, I thinking I'd better tread careful here ;-)

If you are having any problems with this item, then just let me know, I'm an understanding guy.

Have a good weekend

xxxxx

e-mail sent on 20 Nov 2007 , I have not yet received a reply:

Hi there

I'm following up some ebay messages I've sent with regards to the below item:

Item Title: New Classic Army AUG Cock/Carry/ Rail Handle Assembly

Item Number: 260161049396

Item URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=260161049396

End Date: 16-Oct-07 19:28:08 BST

I've yet to receive the item in question, amd the USPS tracking number I was given (xxxxxxxxx) is still showing as notified but not confirmed as sent. I was told that it was sent out on 22nd October but as yet there is no sign of it.

Please advise as to the status of the item, I like to support services like Warthers and would not want to be in the position where I would feel the need to make a public complaint.

Plus I *really* need this part to complete a project, and you guys came recommended.

Cheers and happy Thanksgiving

Bill

General rule: Don't trust anybody on ebay with 40+ negatives, most of which are for goods never received ;)

<a href="http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=260161049396" target="_blank">http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=260161049396</a>

Also, just noticed, they no longer have any items for sale. Guess they've done a runner and will just open up another account until the negatives on that one become too much. I'd put these guys in the "thieving bastards" category :)

Yeah I was aware of that angle on Warthers, but I couldn't find the exact part elsewhere. I have a spare TM civilian front receiver, but it isn't in the best condition and it doesn't naturally fit onto a CA AUG.

You'd think something like this would be commonly available.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure you have 45 days to file a claim with Paypal. . not 30. I just put in a claim. .

btw. .I've bought from Warthers several times. . no issues. .then again, I'm in the States.

The issues I had, were in no way linked to the fact that I live in Canada. He told me in 3 separate instances that he was going to send my package, and he never did. If he was going to be delayed in shipping my package, at least tell me honestly, instead of leaving me hanging.

edit: and yes, you have 45 days to claim with paypal.

General rule: Don't trust anybody on ebay with 40+ negatives, most of which are for goods never received ;)

it depends on total transactions though . .40+ neg out of 1662. . isn't horribly bad. . then again, some Ebayers have 10,000 and not a single negative. . and then there's some with 40 negatives of 70. ..

Ive bought from around 5 times and never had any real problem. Shipping was kind of slow but I recieved all the items ok. The last order I made was months ago but even then people had tons of problems. I guess it just depends if Warther feels like sending you your item or making a few extra dollars and not.

I had a problem with a cheque somehow reversing after it had cleared my account, in the sense that i took the money out, 2 days later it cancels and im now in the red, the person who i had posted the gun to eventually stoped replying to my emails , so i sent a letter through my solicitor regarding pending smalls claims action and the gun was returned,

With paypal id reccomend calling thier team, asap, if not small claims

I gave them every chance and was as polite as I could be, but two months almost no feedback is a little disapointing, especially whan I like to support the smaller retailers.

I've adjusted my feedback on Ebay to cover the delivery.

One other thing, I got an excellent deal...and I mean excellent - £150 delivered - on a new CA AUG Civilian which will be delivered soon, so this part is now essentially surplus to requirements, as I'm going to keep my CA AUG Military with the built in sight and my stubby Steyr already has a TM railed receiver.

Yes, I have a Steyr fetish. I'll be doing proper pics when they are all together.

Similar problem...

Paid on Nov 2, received no reply until I messaged on Nov 22nd still having not received it. Did eventually get a reply that it will be shipped on Wednesday... December rolls around still nothing, Told him on I wanted a refund and would file a Paypal dispute on the 14th of December.

If you don't have the product, don't be selling it. If you can't ship in a timely fashion REFUND THE MONEY, since it's not appropriate for people to wait a MONTH with no contact.

And the shipping time would have been fast and cheap.

Just to throw in my two cents,

I long ago (over two years by now) ordered a CA Metal Receiver from Warthers Original. Never got it and zero communication back about it other than he thought it was in stock, but that it wasn't.

Its a shame too cause I would have ordered a ton of parts from them if not for that incredibly horrible experience. My vote is avoid at all costs.

Archived