Realsword AEG's in stock at Redwolf

willwizard

I heard that they altered the gearboxes so that the gun dimensions would be closer to the real one, so did they make the pistol grip on the Real Sword thinner than on all the other AK AEGs, which all have pistol grips much fatter than on a real one, or are they the same width?

The gearbox is indeed shorter, and the piston is shorter by one tooth compared to a regular one. This got them the correct size for the receiver.

The motor and motor cage are regular AEG type, which means the pistol grip is still the fat kind. I would have loved to see a PTW motor used inside an AK grip.

don't forget the finnish RK series. now those are awesome AK's. they're not really AK's but theyre based on the design and the original RK's are almost the same internally as the soviet AK47. newer RK95's are a bit different but still based off the AK47. romanian AIMs are also pretty popular i guess, but i never held/tried one so i can't vouch for it but maybe someone can

How could I forget the RK... :D But Finland was never an eastern bloc country, so I dropped that off the list. Otherwise the Galil and R4 (South African) would have been mentioned as well. The Finnish Valmet and SAKO RK series are "AK's" if anything, although they have been changed more than most other clones. The Norinco Type 56-2 is actually also adopted by us, designated "RK 56 TP".

To be honest I think the SAKO RK-95 is very overrated as a military weapon, although the heavy weight and refined build makes it a nice "military-looking" rifle for sport shooters. Then again I never used one in combat, but only carried it for two years in service.

-Sale

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Marui 3cm bolt design :(

They should of at least used the VFC styled one or a dummy bolt like G&Gs if the battery is in the stock

That's what I figured from watching Redwolf's vids... the bolt did not go all the way back... although they tried to slap and do a ninja chop! to hid the fact... :P

Give me some time mate, I ordered it yesterday from Gunner Airsoft in HK, might take quite some time to arrive in good'ole UK :D

Thanks, that Review makes it A LOT easier for me to decide whether I'm also buying the 56-1 or another AEG. But I'm comfortable with it, think I'll just buy it anyway :P .

cheers :)

Outward Speedpost

Item Number: EE---------HK

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point

28-Nov-2007 18:57 Pick Up Service

Date # Location Delivery Status

28-Nov-2007 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.

28-Nov-2007 Hong Kong Processed for departure.

28-Nov-2007 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 29-Nov-2007

30-Nov-2007 United States of America Arrived and is being processed.

1-Dec-2007 United States of America Arrived the delivery office and is being processed.

1-Dec-2007 United States of America Unsuccessful delivery.

omg, i almost got it today ALMOST, but i was out for lunch =[.... soooo close. now i have to wait until tuesday because USPS doesn't deliver sunday and i'll be at work monday...... cr^p

Haaaargh, you lucky man !

Where did you order it from InexcelsisDeo ?

This is the email I received today from Gunner Airsoft :

Gunner Airsoft

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: xxxx

Detailed Invoice: xxxx

Date Ordered: Thursday 29 November, 2007

The comments for your order are

hi

sorry we can't ship guns to UK after October

here's the refund

if you have lincense to import

please let me know

and pay again

thanks

Haaaargh, you lucky man !

Where did you order it from InexcelsisDeo ?

This is the email I received today from Gunner Airsoft :

Gunner Airsoft

------------------------------------------------------

Order Number: xxxx

Detailed Invoice: xxxx

Date Ordered: Thursday 29 November, 2007

The comments for your order are

hi

sorry we can't ship guns to UK after October

here's the refund

if you have lincense to import

please let me know

and pay again

thanks

i ordered from RedWolf

that sucks mannn. hey, next door to me there's a house for sale. maybe you should move to the states and become a yankee :P. that way you can shoot and own all the guns you want lol

whoo! got it.

i guess i'll do a mini review

i just picked it up an hour ago, played around with it for 15 minutes, then headed to work, which is where i am now =[

i didn't get to shoot it. but man, it looks great, it feels great, the build quality is way better than any other aeg i've seen/held. and here's one more thing you won't find in another aeg. IT SMELLS LIKE GUNPOWDER! i've been at work for 1/2 an hour now and i still smell it all over my body and hands

here are some pics from my crappy cell phone, these grainy pictures do no justice to the sleekness and beauty of the RS Type 97

this is the package right after i brought it into my room, no rips. very nicely wrapped, thanks to the guys at RedWolf

package.jpg

this is the box, right after i unwrapped it, again, mint condition, no rips or anything, just perfect.

unwrapped.jpg

inside the box, everything is wrapped and packaged with foam. it includes the manual, stick speedloader thingy and cleaning rod, the gun with the orange flash hider, in a ziplock bag there's the metal flash hider and a orange barrel plug. there's a green "gun oil" bottle, which is empty inside. and there is also an black accessories kit, with bits and allen keys inside to adjust certain parts of the gun. i also bought from redwolf a 300rd RS hicap magazine, and the RS QBZ97 scope mount. no battery is included

outofthebox.jpg

the first thing i did was check for cosmetics. then i slapped in a mag, screwed in the scope mount, changed the flash hider, and mounted my ACOG NSN scope on the qbz97

shooterside.jpg

ejectionside.jpg

more pics later, including videos of shooting and accuracy at 10, 50, 100, 200, and 300 feet, as well as video of disassembly

what i like: the iron sights are amazing. i forgot to take a picture of it, but i will do so in an hour. the back sight is so small that you can actually see around it. it's like it's invisible. you only see a silouette of the back sight ring, and a solid pointy front sight. these are the best iron sights i have ever used. better than AK, better than MP5, better than the G36c, better than the M4 iron sights. you have to see it to understand what i mean, so i will take a picture in an hour. both the front and back sights are adjustable updownleftright, but i didn't try this yet.

what else do i like? again, the smell, the look, the feel. the weight balance is great.

the scope mount is good too. it's solid and stays attached. that scope isn't going anywhere. you can't look thru the iron sight with the scope mount attached.

barrel thread is 14mm standard and it can fit any aftermarket flashhiders, tracers, suppressors, or silencers

what i don't like: limited battery space, you have to make your own battery, 9.6v NIMH tops is all the gun can fit unless you go liion or lipo or external (i recommend the classic army ready mag and put a 12v battery in the dummy mag).

firing mode selector is in an awkward place (but it's not like you're constantly reaching for it during an airsoft game).

cocking lever thingmajig doesn't reach all the way back. you can only pull it back about 4 inches, just enough to adjust the hop up. (i'm a realism freak).

i also wish this gun has more RIS options like rails and stuff. but the outer barrel is long enough for me to attach a barrel clamped flashlight (surefire) and universal laser (NCstar)

with a scope mount and a acog, you kinda need a cheekrest. this can be easily made with either cloth or whatever and tie it around the stock. there's a concave part behind the magazine where you can tie a OD rag or something to serve as a cheekrest if you use the ACOG. most likely, i will just take off the scope mount and acog because the iron sights are THAT awesome.

magazine quality: the magazine quality is wayyyyyy better than any other airsoft armalite magazine out there. it's very solid and rigid and just feels and weighs like the real thing.

more pics and review later, conclusion: i haven't shot it yet or disassembled it yet, but cosmetic and externalwise, THIS IS THE BEST AIRSOFT GUN i've ever owned, touched, felt, and even smelled (IT SMELLS LIKE A REAL GUN). i like it even better than my Tanaka M700 AICS, TM Sig550, and VFC AKs-74u

• 2 weeks later...

Archived