M16 midlength

Burke

Ive been wanting a Short m16 for awhile but decided to go midlength. I sourced some real steel parts and adapted them to fit the Handguards, I bought a RS triangle front mount with the hanguards. They are Cavalry Arms Midlength fat carbine type, they also dont taper, I learned that the hard way by buying Rock River arms midlength grips first.....they taper down like regular m16 grips. Heres the link for the RS grips: http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Mid-Length-...20m4 oval.htm

I used the chopped front end from my MBK SIR shorty and used my noveske firepig, cause its the only flashider i have that fits on it. (clockwise threading). For the middle outer barrel piece i used an old blowgun tube. I had to dremel out the chopped front end sight tube and delta lock piece but it saves some weight as its aluminum. Pics make the front end look slightly dipped but its not.

Body is an AIM plastic body with 'light' full stock. It has a plastic butt rather than a metal one. I modded a M4 buffer tube sling mount plate so I have a single point sling to run with it. Pistol grip is a used TSar grip i got cheap off the forums. Also has Dboys Magpul trigger guard copy.

I still need to put in a TB but im debating on switching out the gearbox first, because the current one is a full cylinder and the front end is M4 size. You guys think ill put too much strain on the gearbox just slapping in a M4 TB with the full cylinder?

Its wired to rear and I will either run my larger 8.4's or my mini 9.6s. Im also gonna make it so I can use my burst chip on there, one i get the nuts to learn to solder.

So what do you guys think?

sany0293xo8.jpg

• 3 months later...
I'm just saying its a neat and pretty original idea, but no tactical value IMO. Doesn't mean its bad as I like cosmetics very much too but I was just giving my $.02 please take no offense

No tactical application in Airsoft but in the real world it has quite a few. This is similar to some of the M16's that were used in US Embassy armories. Pretty cool gun IMO. Great job.

Thanx, ive got a MIAD on it now, the stupid brass inserts stripped out of my STAR grip, I loved that grip....

Im gonna build up another front end as well, this one the tigthbore goes into the noveske, and i want to put another flashider on it, but its the only CW setup i have....so Ill just build up another with a CCW setup.

Oh, and itll get the Revolution gearbox when its released....

Archived