SIG 552 Tactical Rail

uscmCorps

Well, I've had a sample of one of these for quite a few months now but haven't had a chance to install it and review it.

This is a Tactical Rail (RIS/RAS) designed for the SIG 552 and manufactured by PROUD Tactical Gear.

sig552risflash01ss8.jpg

sig552risflash02ne4.jpg

sig552riscloseup01bd9.jpg

sig552riscloseup02di0.jpg

The quality is excellent and I seem to recall it is CNC Machined which is reflected in the very tight tolerances between parts. The rail feels very solid, has a nice matte black finish and wasn't hard to install. I haven't had a chance to use the gun with the rail yet, and I had a tough time fitting my mini battery in there, but I have a feeling that one of my LIPO batteries would fit without a problem.

This is available at many online retailers, including WGCShop.com.

The product isn't cheap, but it's very high quality and adds a nice touch to the ever popular SIG 552.

What scope have you got on there?

It's a replica Aimpoint. I think by G&P. Couldn't find my RS one at the time.

just a suggestion, but if these are new, post them in the news section, if thier just yours, photo section... stop spamming adverts...

R

They're not exactly new as they've been out for a while now. Also, these aren't "mine" from the mindset of I didn't produce them and in no way benefit in the sales of this item or whatever you are alluding to R. I was sent a sample piece from a friend because they knew I had a SIG552 and I told them that when I had a chance I'd review it. I carefully considered where this would go. This was more a review than a pic show off thread. Reivews typically go in General Discussions or Reader's Reviews. Thinking about it some more, it would probably be more appropirate in the latter and I'll have to ask a mod to move it over. But this isn't an advert.

On a side note, is everything okay with you, R? I've noticed you're very quick to jump on people nowadays and dish out the pain. Just because I don't agree with you on several points in other threads doesn't mean I'm out to get you, and it seems like you're making assumptions about me being some sort of manufacturer when in truth I'm just some dude who knows a lot of people in the HK Airsoft Industry being that I grew up there, speak the language and have been playing for close to 17 years. Don't be so quick to judge others. I used to have a lot of respect for you, until I realized how intolerant and judgmental you can be (and often are). :(

I've got one of these, in conjunction with a hurricane metal body it gives the most rock solid and dense gun.

It is a great thing to handle.

My only problem with it is that the rails on the side don't extend back far enough back to cover the screws that attach the body to the central block in the gun that all the parts mount from.

Rail covers sort that out though.

One thing I really liked about it was that it replaced that rickety, wobbly stock plastic handguard I had on there originally and this new one is SOLID. There is zero movement because the tolerances were so tight. In fact a bit too tight for my taste as it took some work to get on the gun, but once it was on it gave the overall piece a lot more rigidity.

I'm not trying to flame. I'm trying to point out that tolerance of others and their differing beliefs will get you more friends than judging everyone under the sun from the safety of the anonymous interweb.

dont shrink me usmc, im not your friend, nor want to be...

R

You really perplex me. That's fine. I never asked to be your friend, I just pointed out that as a community it's always easier to at least try and get along and be civil rather than go out of our way to cause friction as you seem to be doing a lot of lately with not just me but many other members of this forum. If you don't agree with my opinions that's totally acceptable to me. The same doesn't appear to be the case with you. That's sad, but it's not my problem... at least not until you make it my problem which it seems you're intent on doing. <_< But to be honest, you're just not worth the aggravation so I'm just going to move along on my merry way.

Is the normal TM hand grip a let down then USCM? Or could you tighten the fitting a bit with some tape around the attachment points etc.?

The stock grip is "okay". It certainly looks fine, but when I held mine there was a certain degree of flex that kinda irks me when I encounter it in airsoft guns. To me, it just feels a little cheap and I don't like cheap. I'd love it if another retailer out there like G&P or King Arms (although KA is kinda on my $#!T list these days) would come out with an inexpensive high quality plastic handguard. I think the difficulty of that is that, as TM found out, you have to keep the grip thickness thin in order to maintain the outer shape and size of the piece but at the same time also have enough space for a mini-battery.

Archived