Hogue Grips on WA M4013 TSW with Prime frame.

amateurstuntman

Made this up so as not to spam the pictures thread with useless posts and because if anyone is looking for this information they should look here anyway.

You have a WA M4013 TSW? Good.

You have a Prime frame and slide kit for it? Good, (me and two others).

You want to fit the Hogue wraparound grips to it? Good.

They are not easy to fit but they will go on, I was only able to get the gun working because I had a piece of plastic the right size sitting around the house.

Basically you want to cut the hard plastic from the inside of the grips so that they look like this on the inside:

gripmods.jpg

They will need to be like that on both sides.

Now, the grips attach by screws to a mainspring housing that Hogue supply, natuarally, it doesn't fit the WA without modification.

In the bottom picture the piece is outlined in green. It just needs trimming down a bit until it slides in nice and tightly.

You will also need to file a tiny bit from the frame, it doesn't effect the fitting of the original grips and it isn't strictly necessary but the corresponding material removal from the grips would be a total balls-ache. This is outlined in red.

Finally, the main problem.

With the WA grips there is a metal block that acts as a spring guide, you can't use it with the hogue grips and using only the Hogue mainspring housing the spring will curl and won't be powerful enough to lock the slide back, even on green.

What I did was to cut the end off the loading rod I got with (I think) my KSC HK33, it was exactly right, inner diameter the same as the block on the end of the spring, outer diameter just right to stop it flapping around inside the grip and it had a stepped reduction in outer diameter that fitted into the hogue mainspring housing perfectly.

You probably won't have one and you will have to improvise.

I hot glued it into the Hogue mainspring housing and put a couple of BBs at the bottom of the tube to pre-tension the spring and it shoots fine.

The plastic tube is outlined in blue.

Mainspringmods.jpg

I like Hogue wraparounds, I have them on my P226, my 1911 and now this:

4013.jpg

They feel good in my hand and on an already rare gun like this they add that little extra bit of the exotic.

Like the P226 detente post I think this will help perhaps one person but meh.

That's what the internet is for.

Archived