Type 89 Coming soon

FarEast

Well I just got back from Hong Kong and China, apart from alot of stuff I can't talk about I am able to release this!

Both Elephant will release the Japanese SDF Type 89 Assualt rifle.

Right now alot of the info is lacking but i can tell you it uses the same mechanical 3 round burst just like the TM. One other thing is that the furniture has a rubbirised finish just like the real Type 89, unlike the Mauri.

Also Like the Army Type 85, www.RSOV.com will have exclusive on these.

Enjoy:

pb300601mediumzc5.jpg

pb300602mediumab1.jpg

pb300603mediumwr6.jpg

pb300605mediumqg0.jpg

Also just like the Army R85, we have been given exclusive first coverage and a extensive review will be comming soon!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Magz.....no worries you're voicing what everyone else is thinking. You do need to remember though that alot of these Chinese companies don't just produce Airsoft products.....the other thing I noticed while in China is that alot of the companies are Golden this or Golden that.....you would have thought they could of come up with something original.

Anyway back to buisness.

Yes it's full metal and 100% compatible with all TM accessories and extras.

The real JSDF Type 89 (That I have fired on numerous occasions) has a rubberised finish to all the glass nylon parts, that 'Both Elephant' replicates while Tokyo Marui doesn't.

As for feeling bad about supporting Marui, don't. I do condone ripping companies off, but having spoken to the owners about exporting Marui direct to the US and other countries they really aren't interested and are happy the way things stand. Odd I know that a company isn't interested in a global market that is expanding by hey, what can you do.

I find it odd as a business student in which a company such as Tokyo Marui has significant demand in a niche market but they will not expand their operations outside the country and instead allow a middleman to raise the prices and sell them.

Also one cannot blame only the new ACM companies for ripping off Tokyo Marui since essentially everyone has copied them, such as their gearbox designs.

Anyway, full metal and rubberized feel like the real thing? Three-round burst? Damn count me in!

*edit* Does it use mags specifically designed for the AEG like TM or do you know if we will be able to use regular AR mags? I'd rather not have to buy a whole new set since I like to play with standard and locap mags.

Hmm. I'm excited, but I'm also apprehensive - BE's releases tend to be a bit *suitcasey* compared to CYMA and JG.

I have it right here in my hands...this thing is amazing! It actually feels more sturdy than the Tokyo Marui and is actually heavier. The gear box sounds good but I won't know until I open her up.

The overall finish of the gun is nothing like what 'Both Elephant' has released before and it really seems that they have got thier act together on this one.

I find it odd as a business student in which a company such as Tokyo Marui has significant demand in a niche market but they will not expand their operations outside the country and instead allow a middleman to raise the prices and sell them.

Ahh but this is where you and all other fail..... you are trying to apply logic with the Japanese.

Japanese+Logic=critical meltdown

the two do not mix.

I have it right here in my hands...this thing is amazing! It actually feels more sturdy than the Tokyo Marui and is actually heavier. The gear box sounds good but I won't know until I open her up.

The overall finish of the gun is nothing like what 'Both Elephant' has released before and it really seems that they have got thier act together on this one.

Good to hear. I might see about picking one up later, after my finals.

*edit* Does it use mags specifically designed for the AEG like TM or do you know if we will be able to use regular AR mags? I'd rather not have to buy a whole new set since I like to play with standard and locap mags.

The TM Type 89 could take M4/M16 mags with no problems. It just doesn't go the other way around.

Ahh but this is where you and all other fail..... you are trying to apply logic with the Japanese.

the two do not mix.

ROFL!! If I was Japanese, I'd might be a little offended. But since I'm not. :P

I find it amusing that Tokyo Marui are totally fine about all the cloning that has gone on for years and are okay with that continuing, but then they go to the effort to say that their new TM AK 74M is patent pending in several countries outside of Japan. :rolleyes:

the two do not mix.

I suppose you are right. So internally is it a complete copy of the TM meaning they copied their exact mechanism for a 3-round burst? I heard the one on TM was kinda complicated and I would be apprehensive about opening up the gearbox to install upgrades

I suppose you are right. So internally is it a complete copy of the TM meaning they copied their exact mechanism for a 3-round burst? I heard the one on TM was kinda complicated and I would be apprehensive about opening up the gearbox to install upgrades

There's a video on youtube showing the three-round burst mechanism. I'll edit it into this post. Anyway, I'm glad to see an ACM Type 89. Hopefully, it will draw the newbies away from the thousands of Armalites out there. Who knows? Marui might take this as a hint and start making their Type 89s with the rubberized finish.

I want it but then I dont because its a BE gun. I had a BE sl8 and it sucked. But if its reasonably priced I'll buy it in a heartbeat. If the price is under $130 usd I'll get it. RSOV shipping is damn high too and for a full metal freaking huge gun its gonna cost almost as much as the gun.

its not that bad and complicated at all

kind of 90% similar to normal V2

just reinforced shells and the added burst mech

i hadn't any manual and i took it apart and put back together, and it works

compare cost of the gun in a us retailer versus the cost of the gun plus post from HK 9 times out of ten it'll be a wash

The only real diferences will be

A you might get some sort of meaningful warranty if you buy it in your home country

B you dont need to wait anywhere near as long to get your hands on it if you buy it from HK rather than wait/hope a US dealer will stock it

Id suggest getting a quote from boomarms rather than RSOV primarily cos RSOV has had a tendency to scalp like for like shipping by around 10 to 20 dollars over gunner, and I suspect the same would be true of their shipping versus boomarms.

I find it amusing that Tokyo Marui are totally fine about all the cloning that has gone on for years and are okay with that continuing, but then they go to the effort to say that their new TM AK 74M is patent pending in several countries outside of Japan. :rolleyes:

like patents are gonna stop the chinese from cloning anyone's stuff.

that's right, keep supporting slave labor.

As for feeling bad about supporting Marui, don't. I do condone ripping companies off, but having spoken to the owners about exporting Marui direct to the US and other countries they really aren't interested and are happy the way things stand. Odd I know that a company isn't interested in a global market that is expanding by hey, what can you do.

It seems like TM really is starting to become interested in the non-domestic market, which is why they are starting to register patents outside of Japan. Have you seen the latest AK74MN poster by TM? On the bottom right hand corner they included a nice little notice:

"Patent pending in Japan, USA, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Korea."

http://www.tokyo-marui.co.jp/products/01/ak74mn/index.html

That means that once the patents are registered, you won't be able to get Chinese knockoffs of the TM AK74MN in the US (legally), and I'll be the first person to report to TM if I see clones show up at US retailers. Maybe they'll give me a kickback for the lawsuit money they'll get.

Personally, I don't buy clones. TM has diversified itself into model trains to offset lost business in AEG sales due to Chinese clones. IF TM isn't around to design new guns, who are the Chinese going to copy? Yay, more crappy G&G clones.

I'd rather have TM stay in business because I like the quality of their products, and can afford to buy them. Plus, I know I can put their products in my mouth and not get cancer. And I don't support slave labour.

like patents are gonna stop the chinese from cloning anyone's stuff.

that's right, keep supporting slave labor.

patents might not stop the cloning of it but certainly makes it a lot harder for any US EU distributor/retailer to carry stocks of it.

Unless you've traced the origin of everything you wear eat and use I wouldnt be too smug when it came to slave labour either. Plenty of western companies still quite partial to making use of appaling 3rd world sweatshops to produce their items and thats before we even get into the working practices of those supplying raw materials.

Hell most western economies who now spout ethical work practicies wrote the book on things like the dark satanic mills and weren't exactly averse to turning a blind eye to their use when their own economies were being established.

"Do as we do, not as we did" is all very well but dont be surprsied when the reply is "we'll do as you do once we've reached where you've got"

Dont know about the internals, but they usually are at least in the 70% range next to the externals, and how can a company like BE have gotten so good with the externals? I mean: this gun looks amazing!

Whats going on with ACM, first performance and externals were ######, then they started to work, then they started working almost on par with high-end guns and this '89 and the Kar98.

Im stoked, seriously.

...once the patents are registered, you won't be able to get Chinese knockoffs of the TM AK74MN in the US (legally), and I'll be the first person to report to TM if I see clones show up at US retailers. Maybe they'll give me a kickback for the lawsuit money they'll get.

Yeah a coompany thats losing its market share is going to give you money... right.

Personally, I don't buy clones. TM has diversified itself into model trains to offset lost business in AEG sales due to Chinese clones.

Well if you dont stay ahead of the competition in a market economy, thats what happens - capitalisms a *badgeress*

IF TM isn't around to design new guns, who are the Chinese going to copy? Yay, more crappy G&G clones.

So what about all the designs they have come up with themseleves and reoleased before the more established retailers??

I'd rather have TM stay in business because I like the quality of their products, and can afford to buy them. Plus, I know I can put their products in my mouth and not get cancer. And I don't support slave labour.

So you prefer to spend more money for less product? Intersting philosophy...

Also, on the slave labour note: so youd prefer that those 'slaves' went unemployed instead?

EDIT: Sorry, I didnt mean for this to sound like im trying to flame or having a rant, Im just trying to understand how you can beleive these things

Archived