Cheap-A$$ Aliens Pulse Rifle

renegadecow

To begin with, I'm not the penny pincher to be blamed for this project. I've got enough projects for myself that are depleting my funds real fast (my A-Team gun is topping the list, followed by the Ghost in the Shell CZN M22). This kit goes to a friend who can't afford the G&P Pulse Rifle kit but wanted one so badly that he coaxed me long enough to do it for him. I also agreed to this so's to provide more funds for said A-Team gun :P And yes, its made of PVC as shown in all of the blue parts below: all 63 individual segments glued into one.

100_0401.jpg

And heres what it looks like after some putty, more dremel sculpting and a good paint job

100_0403.jpg

100_0410.jpg

The underbarrel laucher was sourced from a springer Spas12.

Also, I deviated from the G&P kit by adding proper weapon sights. Fixed ramp front and drift adjustable peep-style rear.

100_0405.jpg

I couldn't provide a shot-counter so I just suggested that he stick a calculator on the side since he's the store clerk/gunsmith at an airsoft store; could use it for computing change and discounts.

All three yes's.

PVC is paint friendly so long as you sand its surface with 200~400 grit sandpaper and do mutliple thin coats. I used acrylic epoxy on this one. Color was "metallic ash gray".

Definitely skirmishable and sturdy enough to take a beating and made it to take the 400rd hicap. But the owner said he's turning it into a display piece :(

Got plans from Arnies sci-fi linky bit: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/p.../aliens/m41.htm

but couldn't get the authors dimensions right so I had to rescale everything from pictures off the net.

Very, very impressive.

Are you aware the magazine heel-plate is out of proportion or did you alter the size to fit a hicap mag?

Oh, and the PVC bits should be green if it's supposed to be a USCM issue M41a. Course, it could be a Weyland Yutani one as seen in A3.

Still a terrific job though. :D

*EDIT*

Yep, the plans on Arnies homepage, by Phil Higgins, are utter boll**ks. It shows a complete spas 12 front end slung underneath a thompson. Not in this universe. :rolleyes:

The best source of scale drawings of the pulse rifle is from a website (I forgot the URL) that allows you to print out a paper M41 that you can cut out and build. I don't think anybody's ever completed it but it's a great source of dimensions.

Oh, and the PVC bits should be green if it's supposed to be a USCM issue M41a.

Actually you are wrong about that, the G&P kit was green, but was incorrect, the actual colour used for the screen used pulse rifles is a Humbrol paint No. 170, called Brown Bess, which is now very very hard to find as it was discontinued.

Thats just if you want it screen accurate. Otherwise, stick to green.

Guys, sorry if I'm wrong...really wrong, but that looks like a whole lot of photoshop! The articles (read rifle) shots look like they've been cut from a computer rendering and placed onto a "scenic" background.....again, forgive me if I'm wrong, but the edges of the rifle look pixlated, which is a sure sign of photo-editing....

Guys, sorry if I'm wrong...really wrong, but that looks like a whole lot of photoshop! The articles (read rifle) shots look like they've been cut from a computer rendering and placed onto a "scenic" background.....again, forgive me if I'm wrong, but the edges of the rifle look pixlated, which is a sure sign of photo-editing....

Click the black bars at the top to view the image at original size and the pixelated edges go away.

But, something about the magwell is nagging at me it doesn't look quite right.

Being that they're 2" longer than they should be and don't have side-release tabs. They take the longer 400rd mags instead of the shorter ones which is why. ;)

edit: can't edit first post so I'll just do it in this one

as requested by newbkiller

100_0408.jpg

The stock is shaped like an inverted "U" which hugs the Thompsons receiver snugly. On the G&P model (I have a different friend who bought the G&P kit and was able to observe his), the lock mechanism is just some flimsy button which doesn't really do much in locking the stock. So I relocated it to the side. The lever is spring loaded, so when you pull the stock out enough, the lever catches unto the slot on the side and keeps it there unless you push it down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v211/renegadecow/lock.jpg

• 1 month later...
Actually you are wrong about that, the G&P kit was green, but was incorrect, the actual colour used for the screen used pulse rifles is a Humbrol paint No. 170, called Brown Bess, which is now very very hard to find as it was discontinued.

Thats just if you want it screen accurate. Otherwise, stick to green.

Oddly enough, it looked green on-screen and most canon sources refer to it as green. The fact that it was painted a difference colour to make it appear green on film isn't really important IMO. Unless you decide to make a movie with yours, of course.

Archived