New FAMAS MPEG

Revenge Seeker

$170 USD, too expensive to be the crappy JingPeng and it says "full metal" although FAMAS's aren't that much metal right? Not that cheaper than TM but hey, everyone wanted another option for a FAMAS eh?

AEG_JP_FAMAS_F1_lg.gif

Comes with metal bipod

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...9JP-Full/Detail

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...JP-Metal/Detail

ETA: 12/30/07

The main reason to buy the TM FAMAS was the crazy standard ROF (I believe it was close to if not over 1100rpm), if this even comes close it will be pretty impressive.

If not, I think I'll just get myself a TM, even if it's a little harder to find.

Looks good though, and more metal content can't be bad :)

I can give you a reason to get that instead. If it has a metal mechbox and takes an EG1000 or compatible motor then you can put whatever motor in there thats makes the mechbox instantly upgradeable to 500fps, or any ROF you well please.

Thats assuming that all of the internals arent ######...I'd just stick with the TM. Its only $17 more at poweredge.

Wait, a "full metal" FAMAS? Is this just eBay BS? If not... I'd take this over a TM any day. I've owned a JP FAMAS, and it was a actually a pretty good gun. Was it comparable to the TM? I'd say so. But anyway, if it IS full metal... you know what that could mean: A chance of a non-creaky, non-plasticky FAMAS. That's a first in my book. Probably a buy for me, too. We'll see...

Wait, a "full metal" FAMAS? Is this just eBay BS? If not... I'd take this over a TM any day. I've owned a JP FAMAS, and it was a actually a pretty good gun. Was it comparable to the TM? I'd say so. But anyway, if it IS full metal... you know what that could mean: A chance of a non-creaky, non-plasticky FAMAS. That's a first in my book. Probably a buy for me, too. We'll see...

Real famas is plastic

"full metal" is a marketing gimic

if this famas was solid versus one giant piece of creaking plastic like the tm then it would be something to consider but until it stops creaking and starts taking m4 mags then there is no point in getting something like this because the price is far to close to the tm to consider buying a clone

Personally I wouldn't buy it unless its really reallly good quality and beats TM by a mile run. I'd rather wait for G&G's 'promised' FAMAS. :P

Actually the box looks like the old JP Famas'... looks liek they're trying to "re-enter" the market here...

The box is rather different.

old

famas.jpg

new

AEG_JP_FAMAS_F1_lg.gif

Interesting...let´s see what kind of gearbox they´re using. If it´s a copy of the V1....and the same metal parts as TM...forget it. If it´s a "new gearbox design" inside (V1 with the option to use standard motors or a V6 gearbox) and the internal frame is metal I will also by one :)

im not too sure about that, but isnt the famas sheet metal in real, except for handguards etc of course...

Well.. according to this: http://www.remtek.com/arms/famas/index.htm

"Steel parts are phosphate finished and the receiver has been anodized gray."

"A black plastic lower handguard"

"The trigger is connected to a long, thin strip of sheet-metal which rides in a slot on the right side of the receiver and reaches the hammer mechanism located at the rear of the receiver"

"This checkpiece was neoprene-covered sheet-metal on early specimens. It is now a light plastic molding"

Archived