Exclusive images of the ICS FN FNC

FarEast

Yet again we bring you some exciting news from ICS. I was kept quiet about releasing details of the forth coming releases by ICS but know the cats out the bag!

Right now the ICS FN FNC is in the processes of completing the design process and these images are of the final prototype. ICS has invested more money in to research and development to bring us the best products at reasonable prices and have invested in new machinery to do so.

The prototype you see was developed on the new Rapid Prototyping Machine and made from polycarbonate resign, which really saves time and money on development.

p1130638mediumsz5.jpg

p1130642mediumec3.jpg

p1130646mediumnn8.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Split gearbox looks kinda like a V3. This may be very good news for the SIG, but I doubt it since it looks to be made of resin.

Also an interesting little look at the design process, so they do 3d model then resin mock up to do details and check that things work IRL as well as on a screen?

Oh hey they found something other than the flash light to obscure something they don't want us seeing yet! :P I'd guess its a bayonet lug and hopefully a seam were the barrel screws together to swap to the para/carbine length. Yay for cheap tabs. ;)

Also an interesting little look at the design process, so they do 3d model then resin mock up to do details and check that things work IRL as well as on a screen?

Pretty much. They just make a CAD drawing of it and then out comes what you see in the pictures. Rapid prototyping is amazing, it can also create things inside stuff, like it can create the outer barrel inside the hand guards without having to attach the hand guards later.

I'm tempted to get one of these just as long as they add a proven gearbox like a V3 or V2 gearbox instead of some new random design.

Yeah, innovation sucks... :unsure::rolleyes:

Here's hoping this gun doesnt shape up to be as terrible as ICS's other offerings.

Yeah, innovation sucks... :unsure::rolleyes:

Here's hoping this gun doesnt shape up to be as terrible as ICS's other offerings.

hey man...if you don't like ICS. don't *fruitcage* post on this board. it's just trolling.

I AM A BIG ICS FAN and I think it's just great that FarEast is a conduit for all that ICS brings to airsoft.

i think it's great that ICS is branching out and making guns from other countries. first the L85, then the SIG552 now the FN.

i'm going to have to save some money to buy this stuff but IT'S WORTH IT. ICS ROCKS! other guns rock too, but ICS DOES NOT SUCK.

thank you ICS. please make this gun the proper gunmetal colour and we all love the two piece gear box.

btw...KWA kicks *albatross* too (according to the NAM Magazine and my own test firing with it). ICS should be aware of the design innovation of their gearbox with a 9mm bushing for the sector gear and really good internals, 25rps and 350fps straight out of the box. ICS should also make sure the motor for this thing will deal with a LiPoly battery -- wave of the future.

hey man...if you don't like ICS. don't *fruitcage* post on this board. it's just trolling.

I AM A BIG ICS FAN and I think it's just great that FarEast is a conduit for all that ICS brings to airsoft.

Overreact much? At least Magsz is being optimistic.

It'd certainly be nice to have a unique AEG like this without paying 500+ for it.

i think it's great that ICS is branching out and making guns from other countries. first the L85, then the SIG552 now the FN.

i'm going to have to save some money to buy this stuff but IT'S WORTH IT. ICS ROCKS! other guns rock too, but ICS DOES NOT SUCK.

thank you ICS. please make this gun the proper gunmetal colour and we all love the two piece gear box.

btw...KWA kicks *albatross* too (according to the NAM Magazine and my own test firing with it). ICS should be aware of the design innovation of their gearbox with a 9mm bushing for the sector gear and really good internals, 25rps and 350fps straight out of the box. ICS should also make sure the motor for this thing will deal with a LiPoly battery -- wave of the future.

Wow, you must be new to the sport. ICS has less than fantastic gearboxes. The best out of the box gearboxes from the big 3 are TM for reliability and CA for upgrade potential. ICS just fails all over. The only thing they have going is a good looking gun.

actually I would have to disagree. The ICS gear boxes I have tested have all taken a beating in the field testing. These are both off the shelf guns and also review samples sent.

Yes ICS had teething problems when they moved out of 3rd party accessories and upgrades but the new generation of gear boxes are just as good in reliabilty as Tokyo Marui's. What people don't add into the equations are the silly things people do, like:

Holding down the trigger in full auto to empty a 350rd magazine.

put 12v battery in it to increase the rate of fire.

Making sure the gears are aligned in the split gear box before closing the weapon.

Or they put a 150% spring in it without thinking of upgrading the other parts.

The list is endless, these same people then go on to say "Hey, ICS, TM blah blah blah is rubbish...my gear box imploded!"

Trust me, we test these guns to thier limits, they get passed around the team on skirmish days and they take a real beating. If I had to put my money anywhere apart from TM it would be either ICS or VFC. You can keep your CA and G&G's.

I agree with fareast, the ICS split gearbox is THE EASIEST gearbox to work on period. If you want to check your shimming, you dont have to worry about compressing the spring when putting the gearbox back together, you can just align everything and go! Not to mention the ICS is much stronger than the other v2 boxes, there is as much metal around the cylinder head as a V3 box! I know that you guys out there who are saying you hate ICS have not handled an 06 or 07 ICS, they will change your mind quick!

No offense but im going to assume that you're new to the sport? Ive watched ICS guns fail one after the other for almost five years now. Since day one they've had problems in the US market where almost everyone upgrades over 1 joule. Like several other people in this thread have said, the failure rate of their gearboxes is alot higher than other manufacturers and on top of that they use a couple non standard parts, ie receivers, bevel gears and so on.

I am not a fan of their CURRENT crop of guns but i am objective enough to realize that they do have the potential to create great things and i am always open enough to give new things a try.

Do yourself and others a favor and take the fanboyism down a notch.

"No offense but im going to assume that you're new to the sport? Ive watched ICS guns fail one after the other for almost five years now "

Why new to the sport. Ive been skirmishing for 8 years now, i have 3 ICS armalites and 2 ICS mp5 variants, all running over 1J and reliability wise they've been fine. Personally they've served me better then my 3 classic army rifles but not quite as good as Marui. My C15 has had around 50,000+ rounds put through and has just been serviced with no replacement parts !!

Oh dear, this is a major problem for me.

If the stock doesn't wobble and the burst is reliable a split gearbox FNC will make me sell my Star one in an instant.

Plus VFC are doing one too.

I won't be as unique any more. I'll have to get a tattoo on my forehead or something.

Archived