New Site - FCS Bristol

Janno

Hi guys,

Just thought i'd let you know that we're just putting the finishing touches to a new site in Bristol:

Opening in February 2008, the Courthouse (aka. FCS Bristol) is a two-floor arena, occupying a set of disused magistrates' courts complete with holding cells in the basement. FCS Bristol boasts a games room, heated safezone, retail facilities, toilets, and battery charging station. Games will be run on Thursday evenings, and selected weekends. All events follow standard FCS procedure, with chrono testing on-site (max velocity = 328fps w/0.2g BB), and a default age limit of 15+. Players under the age of 18 must be signed in by a parent or legal guardian on their first time at the site. They can then sign themselves in for future events.

As mentioned, the site will go live from the beginning of February with a Modular Training Session scheduled for the first weekend of the month (details to come). If we can get the majority of facilities online by the end of January, there may be the possibility of us running a test-game down there, so keep your eyes peeled. All gamedates and fees are listed on the website: www.firefight.co.uk

Finally, the Director of FCS Bristol (Jay Newton) is trying to encourage the formation of airsoft teams, and virtually all play at the site will be oriented towards small squad-based ops. There is talk of regular team-player only events in the future. If you or your team have any ideas on how you would like to develop the site, then this is the perfect time to make yourselves heard.

Some pics:

js640_100_2235.jpg

photo-0016.jpg

photo-0017.jpg

Good to hear there's some positive interest out there! We look forward to accomodating you all, and no doubt we'll be depending on your feedback to make this site a big success in the future :)

To answer some of your posts:

Nuclear Darkness: The new site is right in the middle of Broadmead - you know where Bridewell island is? (the block that has the police station, firestation, and magistrates' courts on it) That's us!!!

Slynx: The site isn't exclusively team-only, but we plan on offering incentives to those who wish to develop the solidarity and efficiency of their unit, whether their unit be 3 people or 30 people strong. For open gamedays, all-comers are welcome - both individuals and teams. But we also wish to provide a structured and secure environment for those who wish to improve their team skills in other days of the month.

Outstanding! Haven't been able to play for quite the while (due to having a new mouth to feed) as I can barely sell my wife on the idea of me zapping out of the house for a quick pint, let alone strapping on a toy gun and disappearing for the weekend. Thursday night after-work games based ten minutes' train journey away? Now that's something I can work with. :D

Also, I'm definitely getting an "Ultimate Force"-type vibe from the architecture there as well, I can see why you snapped it up.

I assume FCS annual membership would be the thing to have? 'Er indoors has been wondering what to get me for my birthday........ :whistling:

Awesome lads, great looking site, ill bet its an amazing atmosphere in there and your positioning is great, very handy for anyone to get to, about a 3 or 4 minute bus from me, also very easy for anyone in bristol to get.

Cant wait to have a trip down. Cheers for the rapid response.

This looks excelent!!

I know that me and my lot will be there as often as we can be and i think i know of at least one S.Wales team that will be visiting quite regularly! :)

The only thing playing on my mind is your recommended parking / route to the site? As i don't fancy trogging too far through the centre of town with all my kit in this day and age. Especially as Mr Plod is next door :)

Gentleman the response to this thread is overwhelmingly positive. Remember.....you choosen few are going to have the single most prestigious honer that can be bestowed apon any Airsofter in the world, and that is you are in the unique postion to fabricate and sculpt the character (and intime), the legend of this trully remarkably CQC venue. Play with passion....play with skill......play with honor....... for us Spartans will salute you!

The only question left to answer is......

*braveheart scream* ARE YOU READY FOR A WAR??!!!!!!!!!!

Archived