Stg 44 AEG

boxmag

looks more like an AEG conversion for a shoei (ie new lower barrel and cocking tube for folks who already have the GBB version)

I think you're correct based on what I see on an original Shoei AEG instruction sheet

stgaeg4.jpg

Cool MP38, K98, P08 and know an Stg44 (MP43) WWII here I come. Wonder when the PP, PPK and P38 are coming? Deutchland Uber Alice, who the *fruitcage* is Alice. Oh think I bet go and sit down in a dark room i'm loozing it again! :crazy:

I think you're correct based on what I see on an original Shoei AEG instruction sheet

Aye seems strange to mill a part to match a shoei GBB receiver if you're going to be making the rest yourself (maybe the shoei is just to show the parts already done in their proper context and it could be that they're going to be doing the rest of it, but in that case why mill the lower when they'll need to press the metalwork of the rest of the gun in any case). Only real use would be if they've cut a deal with shoei and sourced some receivers sans GBB mech and internals.

Even then

A to get a bundle of receivers from shoei the cost per unit is not going to be great deal cheaper than the full thing from them

B its not going to be in any significant quantity, shoei just dont do quantity.

Update from Airsoft-news:

Paul kindly sent in an update on previously announced MP44 news:

This is a cooperative project between Shoei and Trigger Happy. They are fairly long term business associates. The receivers are made on Shoei tooling and are being sold under Trigger Happy.

Theres a funny story about the process they did too. TH president HAND CARRIED one of the proposed plastic mold on an airplane trip to Tokyo to work with Shoei. Pretty goofy...but saved a ton on shipping.

I had a chance a loooooooong time ago to buy a StG 44 wallhanger for 800.00. It was made of WW2 parts on a dummy aluminum reciever. I passed because it was too "expensive" for something to hang on the wall and do nothing. I am still regreting that decision to this day because Stg 44 parts kits are now pushing 3k, and you still cant "do" anything with it.

If this one is in the 800.00 range and is an AEG that I can use (ie skirmish with), then I will definitly be buying one. One can only hope that a replica ZF4 scope will be offered as an accessory.

Archived