Operation Hac Bao - Tet Offensive 40th Anniversary

nextmayor

Guys:

What: Operation Hac Bao - Tet Offensive 40th Anniversay

Who: Presented by John Lu / Best of USA Marketing (Op Lion Claws)

Where: Fort Hunter Ligget, California, USA

When: July 25 - 27, 2008

I don't think this is even announced on the organizers website yet, but I had the chance to talk to John Lu (the organizer of such US events as Lion Claws and Irene) last night. He gave me some hard intel regarding an event that he has coming up that is a little different from his standard modern style events.

The event is Hac Bao and it will commemorate the 40th Anniversary of the Tet Offensive from the Vietnam War. Hac Bao is one of the smaller Lion Claws events, but is a completely different experience from his other ops. Hac Bao requires players to equip themselves in Vietnam specific gear / equipment and really focuses on recreating the atmosphere of that conflict. Each force is required to wear and utilize appropriate uniforms and equipment. This op is close to re-enacting but is still definitely an airsoft operation.

The specifics of this op are really what make it stands out. The location of this op is Ft. Hunter Liggett, California, USA. In case you don't know, Ft. Hunter Liggett is the location where parts of the “We Were Soldiers” movie were filmed.

The command structure for this event is also very interesting and most of the commanding officers are real veterans. The US side will be lead by Col. Paul Longgrear (USA - Special Forces and Vietnam Veteran) and Sgt Kenn Miller (USA - Ranger / LRP and Vietnam Veteran). John Lu himself will command the ARVN. For the opforce, Capt. John Robison of BattleSim will play Evil Col. Minh of the NVA and Sgt. Igor Dobroff of the former Soviet Airborne Corps and 1980 Afghanistan veteran will play a Russian adviser.

Now is your chance to play on an awesome area of operations in a unique historically themed event. Very few details are currently available, but keep an eye on www.oplionclaws.com. With the wide range of nationalities represented by the forces at Hac Bao, this is a chance for players across the world to experience a Lion Claws op.

Later,

nextmayor

Sounds like a great event...

If only I had relatives near by to 'visit' or something ;):whistling::D

This op is close to re-enacting but is still definitely an airsoft operation.

I think with these sort of events, having the kit almost perfect definately helps add to the atmosphere.

Ive just finished reading the six silent men series of books, one of which Kenn wrote. Brilliant stuff, highly recommend them if your interested in the vietnam war/LRRP's.

Cheers

Luke

• 3 weeks later...

Archived