phillipino M4 with recoil & gas/batt hybrid AK

sturgis

42 hits and 1 reply?? guess we are the only two to find this intresting lol

The M4 recoil really does look good doesn't it? sure, the bolt doesn't move, but that just one less part to worry about flying off/breaking your *beep*, and who cares really when there is an M4 bolting against your shoulder like that! :D

it remains to be seen how reliable it all is offcourse, but this is the first of the recoilgimmicks (wich seems to the next big thing) that actually piques my intrest!

Sure, a WA GBB M4 looks nice, but if i can choose between a gun with magazines at 60$ a pop or a system that can be plunged in any old TM compatible M4 (ie nice G&P metal body and complete freedom of 3rd party parts) and seems to be kicking like a mule,into the field, the latter wins hands down!

I wonder how they get the AK to run off both gas and batteries :unsure:

That M4 looks amazing, although those guns in general look a little worse for wear. That is a mystery on how they got the AK to be hybridized like that; there's pobably some ingenious little mechanism that they've cooked up. I'm hoping for a G36 mechbox now.

It's be pretty cool to see a hybridized system like that on a M249.

Both of those guns looked pretty sweet. Someone had cooked up a gas-electric hybrid AEG in the past, but it couldn't operate independent of one of the power sources. It had to use both the gas and battery. There seems to be a lot of pretty cool custom work coming out of the Philippines recently. Some guy in either the Philippines (or Malayasia?) did a custom SCAR upper for the M4, and also a gas gearbox with co2 cartidge that stored in the stock.

Very cool products, but it seems unlikely that we'll see them stateside or in widespread use anywhere else outside of Asia... which is unfortunate. I give those folks the best of luck!

wow pretty dang cool

The recoil looks reasonable, its hard to tell if its because of the lightweight clone gun or if its that heavy. The problem I have with the blowback rifles ive used, is the recoil may be "hard" but it feels so cartoonistly stupid that I'd rather have none at all. its simply not violent like firing a real gun, its more like someone jabbing the barrel of your gun with their thumb than an actual gun firing.

Another plus from coming from the philippines is that they are pretty heavy FPS-whores over there, so anything they output will likely put out way more power than any of us will ever want to use, meaning they will probably be very reliable for what a sane person would want out of it.

I emailed popularairsoft.com and I learned about the stuff is that:

1. It works in the stock (so I dunno how it can work with folding stocks like how Marui did it with the AK74MN). Skeleton stocks are actually out of the question.

2. It can be fitted into any M4 AEG with crane stock.

3. It is battery, not gas, operated.

The gun in the video is the prototype which has been used in skirmishes to test reliability. It failed in the initial skirmishes, but improvements have been made to make it even more reliable. It took several months of testing, and they are actually releasing an initial 30 custom units by February to get more feedback from the field.

Now, the other good news is that you might actually able to get yourself one of these soon, as restrictions in the export of such have been eased by new instructions from the Philippine police after much lobbying from the local airsoft community. The gunsmith who made that will just need to get the proper permit to export, just tell him what M4 brand you wanna have it installed on.

If any ACM manufacturer would license that (just hope they don't rip off another innovation from such a good guy from the Philippines), then i'd get my hands on this stuff.

I'll ask further how much it would cost to have a fully custom JG HK416 with recoil since it's similar to the M4 anyway.

As the for hybrid AK47

1. It's totally cool.

2. But would you wanna drag a C02 tank around?

that's Rey "Lasing" Navaska inventor of that cool

m4 recoil simulation and that ak47 hybrid aeg-gas mod.

The guy is so simple soft spoken type everytime I see

him during some of our big games.

Let him know he needs to get a website and standardize his pricing and he could make quite a few bucks :P

Let him know he needs to get a website and standardize his pricing and he could make quite a few bucks :P

Agreed, this is a growing market for these type of weapons. If he wants to sell them and make some money there will be people willing to buy, i.e. me.

Agreed, this is a growing market for these type of weapons. If he wants to sell them and make some money there will be people willing to buy, i.e. me.

Yeah, well he had issues trying to sell his wares on a few forums due to not being forward about his pricing, because of his export problems and not speaking much english, and sniperx trying to rally up a lynch mob to stifle competition, haha.

I'm curious if this is M4-only or can it be fitted to any gun with room for a stock tube (ak, mp5, support guns, ect.) and/or if it is a separate mech from the gearbox or is it integrated.

Archived