Tight Barrels

Triad 360

Okay,

I have searched the forum and cant find anything on this so hear goes...

Is a Tightbore barrel worth it? When I went out to buy one from my local store the assistance managed to persuade me not to so dur to the increase in the risk of jams and because he reckons they dont do anything. But I cant help but notice most people who talk about tight barrels speak highly of them and say that they really do improve the accuracy.

Also, what is the prefered diameter of the barrel? The 6.03's and 6.04's sound pretty good to me but for a fully automatic AEG will anything tighter casue a jam?

Thanks

ok, well aside from a recent debate here on arnies, tight bores will increase accuracy and fps. in my opinion they are well worth the money, though i have not had good experiences with .01's in my g-spec as it decreased accuracy. this was my personal experience though, and i have heard of only a few other people having this problem.

Quality ammo alone will make the AEG more accurate. After that a tightbore will improve the performance further. Naturally the hop-up rubber comes into question as well.

If someone at a shop told you not to buy a tightbore barrel, it could mean that 1) They know you use recycled and/or poor BBs or 2) They were out of stock of tightbores for your weapon.

-Sale

• 3 weeks later...
ehh, ive gone through alot of bbs in my DBC 6.01, and theyve all been matrix (evike) .23s. no jam to date. you dont have to use OMGWTFBBQ high quality bbs even in a 6.01.

Guess that's true, as long as if the BB's aren't total ######. I did notice noticably better groupings when using KSC .25's over Matrix .23's in my JG G36C however. You should try using 'em, hopefully you'll also see a difference :)

i just made an order for a bunch of madbull .23s.

pozzle, do you have any personal experience with 6.01s, or have you just sat behind your comp screen and done the math. cuase there are alot of things that look great on paper/comp screen that dont work out in the real world, and vis-versa.

having personal experience with a 6.01 barrel, i can say that you do not have to use AEs and excels and all those rediculously expensive bbs, simple matrix, TSDs, and lowER quality bbs will work fine in a 6.01. and maybe you will get a couple jams every once in a blue moon if you use cheaper bbs, but thats the risk you take when using a 6.01.

so i still stand by my statement that you do not have to use OMGWTFBBQ high quality bbs in a 6.01.

I love the PDI 6.05 barrels...not to tight yet not to big...i have yet to have a jam in those barrels even using POS G&P bbs

i have had issues with the prometheus 6.03 barrels...used G&P crapalistic bbs and they jammed my p90 to no end

i would like to try other brands of barrels like the DB custom barrels...

i have had issues with the prometheus 6.03 barrels...used G&P crapalistic bbs and they jammed my p90 to no end

Correction, you don't have a problem with your lalax barrel causing jams, you have a problem with the bb's. :D

Greg.

Archived