King Arms "VLTOR Front Sight Tower"

uscmCorps

King Arms just released images of a VLTOR Front Sight Tower... with VLTOR Trademarks! Product Info here.

kafs06xe8.jpg

kafs06amp9.jpg

The product is cast pot metal. The black is off. Should be more of a Grey color. The ring that the sling swivel is inserted into should be light grey... I hope they at least welded it in there. The trademarks are a bit off... but what I'm really surprised by is the fact that it even has trademarks! This given by the fact that King Arms is not in a favorable state with VLTOR/MAGPUL (there's a rep in HK that represents both companies). This is also a bit confusing given that they went to some effort to procure the rights to make replicas of certain RS gun companies' parts (like Noveske and STAG ARMS), and yet now, they are clearly not concerned by whether they have the rights to produce it or not. Perhaps they are going by the philosophy of, if the RS company gives them the right to do it, then great, but if not, they'll do it anyway.

This makes me very curious as to whether or not their VLTOR MURs and VIS' will have VLTOR Trademarks.

I suppose in real steel the practicality is that you can have both a railed gas block and a flip up sight without having to change the gas block when you want to change your setup.

In airsoft its like anything: tactic00l

I am still waiting for magazines or magazine clamps that have RIS on them. :P I might have to wait the same amount of time for someone to make a metal reciever for the G36 series.

I owned a real one on one of my uppers, and I was extremely displeased at the quality of VLTOR's product. VLTOR normally makes awesome stuff, but 150 dollars for a painted gas block?! WTF?

They anodized the front folding part, the metal sling mount point, but painted the main part, ugh. Pass. Hence why I moved to the PRI FSB.

From what I understand, the current pre-production samples of this KA front sight tower isn't much better than the recently released Unicorn one. The main differences being that the KA one has sharper details and clearer lettering... which is good but still quite a bit off from the RS sight tower.

Archived