New revolutionary gear box by Systema

FarEast

Systema has sent us some news about thier revolutionary new gear box!

Rev_Action.jpg

At the Bleeding Edge of Technology — The SYSTEMA Revolution represents the pinnacle of AEG gearbox development while maintaining 100% Ver.2 compatiblity! » Guaranteed 100% backward-compatible with Tokyo Marui AEG bodies.

» Direct drop-in replacement for many other AEGs that complies with the TM Version-2 Mecha Box Specification.

» Advanced fire-control electronics and power-regulating MOSFET circuits.

» New loading mechanism / nozzle design.

» Hand-tuned high-output motor precisely matching the new gearbox's gear ratio.

» Extremely tight manufacturing tolerance ensures superior performance, shot after shot.

Rev_Internal.S.jpg

Advanced Firing Control — The SYSTEMA E.C.U. (Electronic Control Unit) is a direct decendent of the PTW's fire control unit, specifically tuned for the Revolution: » Factory pre-programmed electronic trigger system.

» Optical sensor array constantly monitors gearbox operation, precisely applying power (and braking) to the motor so that the gearbox will always cycle completely at every trigger pull. This new function entirely eliminates the need for anti-reversal latch.

» Using optical sensor to precisely determine the position/rotations of the gears, the Revolution is also capable of providing the world's most reliable 3-shot burst operation. No more fiddling with inconsistent "timer based" burst mechanism!

» MOSFET regulated power delivery circuit ensures stable and consistent performance.

Rev_Circuits.S.jpg

Performance and Reliability — Innovation is only half the story. The SYSTEMA Revolution will also far exceed the current standard in terms of performance and reliability: » New nozzle design eliminates breakage-prone (and decade-old) tappet plates.

» High-strength, all steel gear set ensures reliable operation year after year.

» Full-length steel rack gear greatly extends piston life.

» Top quality components used throughout.

» Factory-backed U.S. warranty when installed by a certified SYSTEMA Gunsmith.

Rev_Piston.S.jpg

FAQ here

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what about the mag port? is it TM type M4 Mags compatible too?

This is for Marui style receivers so nothing wil be effected, you'll be able to drop the gear box directly in to anygun that takes the V2 gearbox. everything else will be compatible

As long as this is realistically priced I'm in, even if only for that 3rnd burst.

Totally agree, im wondering how much these will be priced at, if its realisic then i might order one direct from Systema as they have a cash on delivery service here in Japan :D

What would have been great is if they could have incoperated some other little features like the deadmans click for when the BB's run out rather than dry firing.

This is for Marui style receivers so nothing wil be effected, you'll be able to drop the gear box directly in to anygun that takes the V2 gearbox. everything else will be compatible

Totally agree, im wondering how much these will be priced at, if its realisic then i might order one direct from Systema as they have a cash on delivery service here in Japan :D

What would have been great is if they could have incoperated some other little features like the deadmans click for when the BB's run out rather than dry firing.

What would be great is if this doesn't break lots. Especially as it's non-TM spec.

This is great, but if if one is going to go all the way with this upgrade I'd also want the "stop firing when empty" option, which is missing. The failure to include this is I think slightly short sighted, or perhaps this will be in the Mk2 version? I shall wait and see.

it has been discussed to death and a working prototype made on Airsoft mechanics...but thinking about it SALE your right its actually in a modified hopunit that had a light sensor built in, so there is nothing from stopping you from incorperating that mod into this newe gear box.

This is great, but if if one is going to go all the way with this upgrade I'd also want the "stop firing when empty" option, which is missing. The failure to include this is I think slightly short sighted, or perhaps this will be in the Mk2 version? I shall wait and see.

not really shortsighted i dont they would want to undercut there own PTW line i mean the Evo gearbox is a major step towards PTW performance anyways i almost wish i hadnt bought a ptw!

Indeed, it says it is 'drop-in' replacement for the TM V2 gearboxes. The gearbox has no way to know if the magazine is empty or not, it'd have to be part of the receiver that delievrs the info to the gearbox controls.

Also, the price question is asked in the FAQ. Says 'Not yet determined'. So asking people here won't give you the answer any sooner, since hte manufacturer hasn't yet set the price.

FAQ also says that the manufacturing should start shortly after R&D finishes by March '08. Expect to mkae it late spring for people to get the assemblies.

Hmm... I'd like to know what power levels this will be available, as well as the available wiring directions, it should be both front and rear wired/wireable.

Would like to slip this at M100 to my silenced G3 with the 3-round burst included.

just as they use a sensor in order to determine how many cycles the gears make, they can use it to look for BB's and stop the cycle when none are there, also a good way of simulating misfeeds, jams etc.

on a different note, when a gun doesn't "fire" when empty, how will you know whether it's operational, when will you know that something's wrong? :) apart from the fact that it breaks down when fireing full auto ;)

dry shot's are a fundamental thing in determining whether there's something wrong with the gearbox, apart from opening it up of course ;)

anither thing I thought of, I understand that the position of the selector determines the burst option and so on, so as I understand the gb should have the safe-semi-burst option only, limiting the use of the gb in the full auto m4variants, rifles only then. Interesting on one part, but still a full auto "hidden" setting would be nice ;)

just as they use a sensor in order to determine how many cycles the gears make, they can use it to look for BB's and stop the cycle when none are there, also a good way of simulating misfeeds, jams etc.

But the cycling sensor is inside the gearbox, sniffing the sector gear. You'd need an extra sensor outside of the gearbox to look for BBs.

FarEast, I actually forgot about the 'optical sensor in the hop-up unit' -approach. That's indeed one way to achieve the function while retaining standard magazines, but it would also make the package more complex. Now it's a drop-in install.

I understand that the position of the selector determines the burst option and so on, so as I understand the gb should have the safe-semi-burst option only, limiting the use of the gb in the full auto m4variants, rifles only then. Interesting on one part, but still a full auto "hidden" setting would be nice ;)

I bet that the third position of the selector can be configured between burst and full auto simply with a flick of a small switch on the circuit board, or a jumper or something. It can be changed back and forth on the PTWs as well.

-Sale

this unit is superb!

i agree with everyone else here for the "mag-empty" current cut-off feature. i would love to have this as a replacement for my version 2 gearboxes (non-ICS guns, of course!) if for nothing else other than to have simplicity in maintenance -- no more anti-reversal latches!

but having the mag-empty feature included would make this truly a worthwhile replacement piece for any V2 airsoft gun. perhaps in a Mk2 version? and hopefully it is affordably priced (less than $200 for the entire unit, gear-train, piston, circuitry)

big question: how would this unit, with it's new circuitry be affected underwater? any test results on what happens if the trigger circuitry gets soaked?

i know...i know...don't drop your AEG in water. i'm just sayin....

I bet that the third position of the selector can be configured between burst and full auto simply with a flick of a small switch on the circuit board, or a jumper or something. It can be changed back and forth on the PTWs as well.

-Sale

Exactly right in terms of the ptw thats how they can offer both auto and burst on one selection by simply installing a switch for this.

In terms of a the censor mech to simulate an empty gun it would just require more mods than needed and probobly not worth it, the ptw currently doesnt use an electronic sensor, the magazine is also different in that when it runs out a little arm pops up at the back which in turns lifts up another arm on the ptw gearbox which essentialy breaks the circuit so when the mag runs out it will break the circuit and the gun doesnt fire.

Maybe I'm missing something...

Have they figured out a way of eliminating the weak point at the front of a V2 gearbox?

If they haven't then all the technical wizardry in the world won't help this sell after the initial rush to buy.

If it was me I'd have bitten the bullet and built this with a solid-walled gearbox containing a slightly smaller diameter cylinder and piston.

That might make the cylinder and piston non-standard but, let's face it, given that most people upgrade to those systema parts, if they produced a decent piston and cylinder, nobody would mind if it was non-standard.

They should have built it as a split gearbox design too, IMO.

Even if it used a couple of unique pins to secure the two halves, so you had to remove the gearbox like a normal V2, it'd be better than a regular gearbox.

Still, nice to see they binned the AR latch in favour of a sensor to stop the gun firing at the end of a cycle.

systema parts, if they produced a decent piston and cylinder, nobody would mind if it was non-standard.

They should have built it as a split gearbox design too, IMO.

Oh jeez you have thrown another spanner into the works now! But again its gonna cost alot more for this design and again leaning towards the ptw system and those cylinders are £150 a piece! Im hoping this new gearbox is going to create a whole dimension for AEG's and i would be happy to pay between £100/200 for the GB, so heres hoping.

I was pretty apprehensive at the title, but this sounds pretty awesome. Glad it uses active braking, saves a lot of hassle. Drop in mechbox that come swith a motor, sounds good but its definately going to be expensive lol.

I noticed that it uses a systema red piston. Have I missed something, or have they still got a really bad reputation? New model maybe?

I was pretty apprehensive at the title, but this sounds pretty awesome. Glad it uses active braking, saves a lot of hassle. Drop in mechbox that come swith a motor, sounds good but its definately going to be expensive lol.

I noticed that it uses a systema red piston. Have I missed something, or have they still got a really bad reputation? New model maybe?

Its different from the old red pistons, you can see it has a full straight rail rather than the 3 gapped ones and it also mentions all the teeth are metal.

The lack of a tappet plate allows to increase material thickness at the front. I'd wait for the first broken one before passing judgement.

The piston is similar to a PTW piston. The body size is smaller, and it uses APS-2 thickness springs. The tooth rack is full steel, yet the piston body is a fully enclosed tube without a gap for the tooth rack.

-Sale

Archived