KSC SIG PRO SP2340/SP2009 GSG9 35th Anniversary

felix4536

Too bad they perform like, well they don't perform at all.

They do look and feel amazing.

ditto. . .

it's amazingly sad with all the SP variants made (at least 6). .they all perform the same. . KSC could've at least improved the gun a bit. . .just so they're skirmishable.

What they should have done with their Sig pro series, is replace it with their Glock blowback engine. It is heaps better system. The system employed on SIG pro, CZ75 and M8000 doesn't deliver snappy recoils of their glock series. USP series and MK23 series would also benefit from this change, but I wonder KSC would ever considered this.

I hope that Shooters Design bring out a couple more of their metal slides for these models. :)

don't they have enough?

SD already makes the 2009, 2340, 2340 Deltra Trial Hybrid, and 2022

I suppose SD can still make a 2009 Hybrid and all the GSG9 variants. .but overall, there's a decent selection already available.

Too bad they perform like, well they don't perform at all.

They do look and feel amazing.

Word.

I've got a one still and used another one with a metal slide. I wish I could remember who made that awful, glossy, slide, if only for retribution. Suffice it to say that these guns are utter letdowns. Every so often I consider ordering one of the customs from UNco, since they've done good custom pistols for me in the past, but I can shake the feeling that I'd be totally disappointed.

What they should have done with their Sig pro series, is replace it with their Glock blowback engine. It is heaps better system. The system employed on SIG pro, CZ75 and M8000 doesn't deliver snappy recoils of their glock series. USP series and MK23 series would also benefit from this change, but I wonder KSC would ever considered this.

That would be handy and there is a precedent for it in the form of the M92 PTPs in which they changed over to the Glock system. But the fire control system in the frame needs work too - it requires a very strong hammer spring to work on propane, and it can wear down - mine no longer functions 100% on DA. Fortunately for me I never use double action.

While we're making suggestions to KSC they could do something about their hop-up units.

That would be handy and there is a precedent for it in the form of the M92 PTPs in which they changed over to the Glock system. But the fire control system in the frame needs work too - it requires a very strong hammer spring to work on propane, and it can wear down - mine no longer functions 100% on DA. Fortunately for me I never use double action.

While we're making suggestions to KSC they could do something about their hop-up units.

Since we're pointing out places for improvement, what about the mags? Loading them is tedious and annoying.

Yup I agree. It is even more or so evident on Tanaka GBBs. KSC makes excellent pistols. If they could improve those few short comings, it would attract many more enthusiasts. Hopup, like you said is something to be improved, but I very much doubt they would make any drastic changes. It is known by "history" that airsoft manufactuerers seldom makes complete changes in hopup design, although they make small gradual changes. I would rather much more hopeful for 3rd party manufactuerer such as SD/PGC/PDI to produce kits/parts to improve KSC hopup unit. But even then, that's almost being "too" hopfull. Company like firefly makes fixed hopup unit for ksc glocks, but it seems supply is not meeting up the demands, especialy for us living outside Japan.

I own KSC SIG PRO with SD metal slide. The heavy weight slide weighs almost exactly same as SD metal one. So I didn't lose any blowback kicks/fps. The problem is blowback is really slugish to start with, "out of box". I also have reinfoced recoil spring on it, and it doesn't cure the problem, as the issue is when the slide travels back. It works well. Just sluggish. And with reinforced recoil spring, it cools down faster. Forget about having slide lock back at around 12C degree.

It is just to blame the blowback engine they used on it, as I had same issues with CZ75 and MK23 series, otherwise they are very good replicas.(probably not CZ75, but that's just me.) Their USP series also uses this engine, but "fatter" gas storage seems compensating the downfall a bit. But still it would improve a lot in terms of recoil kick and speed by employing the engine used on their glock series.

I've owned a ZEKED-out (full metal frame, slide, barrel) KSC CZ75 on steroids. .and blowback was insanely snappy..better than a KSC G17 on roids. . .stock ones on 134a are pretty pathetic though..

also owned a ZEKED-out KSC M93R (full metal frame, slide, barrel) powered on nothing but red gas. . and blowback was just sick! It made a KSC/Maruzen M11 look like a SIG Pro. . LOL

I think that was before KSC really had HARD-KICK technology. .kinda sad. .

btw. .I owned about 7-8 Sig Pros..about 5 w/ metal kits: 3x KSC metal 2340s, 1 SD metal 2340 Delta Trial Hybrid, 1 SD 2009. . I don't have a 2022 yet. .

I wish all Yen spent engraving the bloody magazine had spent a more springy recoil spring and a GBB engine that did more than just threaten the BBs with gas....

KSC still can't develop their own 2040 that they've been making for nearly 10 years to do anything like as good as their own G19.....It's like the design team aren't allowed to make the SIG any better or something.

I wish all Yen spent engraving the bloody magazine had spent a more springy recoil spring and a GBB engine that did more than just threaten the BBs with gas....

KSC still can't develop their own 2040 that they've been making for nearly 10 years to do anything like as good as their own G19.....It's like the design team aren't allowed to make the SIG any better or something.

Add it to my list of Sig-based disappoints, such as the un*fruitcage*ing believable lack of a GSR kit for the TM 1911 and the absence of a 550 on the market.

GSR mbk for TM 1911 would be awesome. why doesnt someone in the states make a legit business making metal body kits for everything airsoft?? wouldnt they be raking in the cash??

Sadly no. I've looked into it. Months ago I was getting frustrated at the lack good MBKs for airsoft pistols and started researching the costs. Making them here would be an act of philanthropy. The prototyping alone would be costly and production and legal risk of selling unlicensed trademarked goods is significant. Add the cost of getting the kits to market and the profit margin goes right out the window. I wanted to produce GSR, Baer, Kimber, MEU etc. kits for the TM 1911, but I simply couldn't bring them in at a price that wouldn't spawn dozens of hate threads on Arnies and ASR.

As a side note, a friend had some custom gearboxes meticulously machined out of solid aluminum several years ago. He figured people would pay a bit more for high quality parts. Last I heard, he still hadn't broken even on that venture. Turns out people would rather shell out $99 for a complete plastic Chinese AEG than spend that amount a dozen times over making one or two guns rock solid.

Archived