Magpul PTS Receiver and MIAD (Version 2)

uscmCorps

From Airsoft-News.eu:

Update from Magpul PTS- their catalogue of new products just got bigger. Receiver in black and dark earth is very interesting, but MIAD with optional back strap is even nicer:

Shot Show just finished and I would like to provide news update for our upcoming new products.

- Magpul PTS AR Metal Receiver: This is original design from Magpul. It fits TM type Ver II gear box.

- Magpul PTS MIAD Grip (Full Kit): This is an upgraded version MIAD Grip for airsoft AR15/M4 and the back straps are changeable.

Please find the attached photos for your reference.

Regards

Magpul Professional Training & Simulation Division.

magpulptsupdate1901smaldd6.jpg

MIAD looks great, although still appears to be missing the front strap with the Magpul trigger guard installed. Surprised they were able to get the grip to work considering all the removable strap parts plus have room to hold the motor still. The new receiver is pretty sexy. I'd like more info on the PMAGs though... especially cost and release dates.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim it's a shame you didn't document how you did it as that would have made a great 'how to'

Also did you get your CASV through in the end????

Actually, I got it from another fellow. However, someone on the PTW owner's form wrote up a great "how to"...but it's for PTW....

http://www.systema-europe.com/Forum/forum_...728&KW=MIAD

VLTOR VIS-2A upper just made it through last week...

The lack of info on the PMAGs is killing me! All we've heard so far is that it'll be offered as a mid-cap and I have heard from multiple sources now that it will only be available in with the windowless style.

A couple thoughts:

(1) PMAGs with windows and simulated rounds (ala STAR UMP and SIG 552 mags) would be pretty cool.

(2) "Standard" RS PMAGs (without windows) cost US$14.95. "Maglevel" RS PMAGs (with windows) cost US$17.95. Is it possible that the PTS version will be similarly priced?

The lack of info on the PMAGs is killing me! All we've heard so far is that it'll be offered as a mid-cap and I have heard from multiple sources now that it will only be available in with the windowless style.

A couple thoughts:

(1) PMAGs with windows and simulated rounds (ala STAR UMP and SIG 552 mags) would be pretty cool.

(2) "Standard" RS PMAGs (without windows) cost US$14.95. "Maglevel" RS PMAGs (with windows) cost US$17.95. Is it possible that the PTS version will be similarly priced?

I will have a word with Magpul and see if there is an estimate on when these will hit the streets.

I will have a word with Magpul and see if there is an estimate on when these will hit the streets.

Please remind them of the importance that the PMAGs feed well. Magpul PTS has been out sourcing a lot of their work to G&P (e.g. their Magpul AEG and M4 Conversion Kit). No one's gonna buy Magpul PMAGs with G&P mag internals. That'd be a waste of money. I have enough G&P Mid-caps collecting dust as it is and I wouldn't want to add some PMAGs to those. If they want an example of a good M4 mid-cap... they should take a look at the S.Arms M4 Mid-caps. Heck, I'd be fine if the PMAGs were Standard 68 rounders. They just have to feed each and every time.

Sam skirted around the PMAG price when asked directly at Shotshow and more recently last week. Mainly due to the fact they have not settled on what the midcaps internals will actually be yet.

Sam skirted around the PMAG price when asked directly at Shotshow and more recently last week. Mainly due to the fact they have not settled on what the midcaps internals will actually be yet.

Mid-caps would easily be the most popular, but if they don't feed well, then nothing will kill sales faster than consumer reports stating so. I say, if in doubt... go with standard-caps. They did that with their Magpul PTS mags (and the only thing that might have hurt those sales was the logo on the side of the mags).

Even the MAG mags rock! I'm looking to buy a real PMAG with window, print a 5.56 graphic, and cut it up to drop marui locap internals in.

Won't you have to adjust the height of the mag too? From what I heard, most people who have modified PMAGs for AEGs, have found them to be very loose in the mag well due to differing dimensions between RS and airsoft mags. And they cut off a section off the top of the mag to work with Airsoft mag internals. I would have tried it myself by now... except living in Cali isn't very conducive to buying large capacity RS mags. <_<

Won't you have to adjust the height of the mag too? From what I heard, most people who have modified PMAGs for AEGs, have found them to be very loose in the mag well due to differing dimensions between RS and airsoft mags. And they cut off a section off the top of the mag to work with Airsoft mag internals. I would have tried it myself by now... except living in Cali isn't very conducive to buying large capacity RS mags. <_<

Yep, but I'm used to doing it after cutting up bakes for Russian kit.

The thing is, although the Magpul receiver is very aesthetically pleasing, it is still just a basic metal receiver set. I wish more companies would follow King Arms lead and actual add more features to their receiver sets.

True. But at least they're not recycling the same M4 receiver again and again like G&P has been doing. They've recreated a somewhat unique looking MBK which will aesthetically set it off from the KA/G&P standard M4 receivers.

If the upper receiver is still a standard G&P upper, then it's no surprise that they didn't build in the bolt catch feature now common on the KA MBKs.

Wonder what the price is going to be.

Also, the pmags look like they're made out of a different material than their real pmags.

If thats the case then that just ###### me the hell off IF and only IF these mags are priced higher than the real steel pmags.

Everything ive said is pure speculation so i really hope someone at magpul is reading this and listening. ;)

Archived