VFC SCAR Disassembly and Assembly Guide

[BS]_MARS

I’ve been noticing VFC SCAR owners are having a bit of trouble with the assembly and disassembly of their SCAR. This guide aims to clear it all up and will show each step in the process of going from a full gun down to the gearbox. I assumed those of you venturing down this far will know how to disassemble a V2 gearbox (as the VFC SCAR is the same barring the fire selector, which gets special instruction). So, here it goes:

VFC SCAR disassembly guide

VFCSCARGuide.jpg

First step, remove the pin which holds the lower to the upper. It’s a capture pin so it will stay attached to the lower but slide far enough out to allow for disassembly.

VFCSCARGuide1.jpg

VFCSCARGuide2.jpg

Next, slide the stock downwards and pull out the bolt assembly if you’d like to.

VFCSCARGuide3.jpg

VFCSCARGuide4.jpg

Now take a look at the rear area of the lower, where the 2 pins protrude. I have labeled the wires to aid in future assembly, left is red, right is black. You may want to use positive (+) and negative (-) to look more professional. After you have labeled it, take out the screw which threads into the spring guide. As a note, I had to get a larger screw to use a Prometheus spring guide. Next, take the 2 remaining screws out.

VFCSCARGuide7.jpg

At this point, take out the hex screw in the magazine catch and pull it all out.

VFCSCARGuide5.jpg

Now, take the motor out and detach the pistol grip as you would on a standard M4. There is no motor spacer to lose in the process, just one large rounded hex screw, a very small but thoughtful convenience.

VFCSCARGuide8.jpg

Next step is removal of the selector. Just take out the hex screw…

VFCSCARGuide9.jpg

…don’t lose the ball bearing (add grease and it will stay put)…

VFCSCARGuide12.jpg

You’re almost to the hard part!

VFCSCARGuide13.jpg

Take note of the position of the selector gear as I have illustrated in red. THE RED LINES ARE THE CORRECT POSITION, THE ACTUAL PICTURE IS INCORRECT. The small grooves line up with both a groove on the gear which is attached to the shaft that goes through the gearbox for ambidextrous operation as well as a vertical seam on the selector plate. Also, disregard my blue lines; they are the result of failed attempts to understand the system. To reiterate, the picture is incorrect, it should look like the red lines.

VFCSCARGuide14.jpg

Now remove the gear which is attached to the shaft (again, for ambidextrous control). The hex screwdriver you will need is EXTREMLY small. I had to drive nearly an hour to find one. Its size is listed on the body of the driver as seen in the picture. From here on it’s a standard V2 gearbox disassembly which there are numerous tutorials on.

So there you have it. With a simple bit of labeling and the correct alignment, the VFC SCAR is just as easy as any M4 when it comes to breaking it down and putting it back together. Ask me any further questions publically in this thread so everyone sees the answer and I will try to help. Thank you all, good luck.

Now take a look at the rear area of the lower, where the 2 pins protrude. I have labeled the wires to aid in future assembly, left is red, right is black. You may want to use positive (+) and negative (-) to look more professional. After you have labeled it, take out the screw which threads into the spring guide. As a note, I had to get a larger screw to use a Prometheus spring guide.

I just realized that I forgot the image for this step and now can not edit. Here is that image, I apologize.

VFCSCARGuide6.jpg

Your selector not staying in sync is most likely a result of the gears being installed slightly off in regards to each other. When you put the gearbox back into the lower, assemble the right side first and then put the selector into semi. This will make it easier to position the selector gear on the left side as dropping it is in kind of a hit and miss game. You just need to move it around until it also sits in the semi auto position. It should look like this on both sides:

VFCSCARGuide11.jpg

Also, I'd bet most HK shops will have 7mm bearings.

wow very nice mars im getting a deal on a vfc scar soon and this guide will really help out in dissassembly. thanks very much! i have a question tho since the battery is in the stock like the CA. is there a connector in the tamiya connector in the stock?

Er? Wah?

The connector in the stock is a Tamiya connector. Are you asking about a connection point between the gearbox and the stock like on say an m15a4 SPR or full stock variant?

Er? Wah?

The connector in the stock is a Tamiya connector. Are you asking about a connection point between the gearbox and the stock like on say an m15a4 SPR or full stock variant?

like when you fold the stock there isnt any wires its those like metal things stickin out right? but like since those metal things go into the stock or whatever how they connect, is the connection in the stock to the battery a tamiya connector? im sorry if im not that clear...

Yes, the connector in the stock that connects to the battery in indeed a small Tamiya connector.

Just confirming what Magsz said.

Only wanted to see the internals of VFC Scar, no a v2 gear.

( Sorry 4 my english xD )

The VFC SCAR's gearbox is exactly the same as a standard V2 besides the selector.

Thanks for putting this up!

Thanks for reading it!

• 1 month later...

I have not held a standard V2 up to the stock VFC one but they look exactly the same. Also, they seal the the hop up in the same way so I'd say yes, tentativley. Is yours broken or do you desire a better seal? My SCAR's nozzle to hop up seal is amazing, just wondering what you're going through.

Archived