5 new AKs and RKs by Unicorn (

chas

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The actual Unicorn stuff is fantastic, easily one of the best quality stuff you'll get from the Far East. It's just that the build quality of them isn't good from some specific places. I ordered the AKS-74U from Gunner and it wasn't built well and kinda fell apart, but when it's built well, it's great.

Wish they came out with some more wood based AK's.

The actual Unicorn stuff is fantastic, easily one of the best quality stuff you'll get from the Far East. It's just that the build quality of them isn't good from some specific places. I ordered the AKS-74U from Gunner and it wasn't built well and kinda fell apart, but when it's built well, it's great.

Wish they came out with some more wood based AK's.

I'll back this up as well - I just got one from RMW and I've seen not one sight of any of the issues in others horror stories.

Mind you I've also just had to reclaim my money from Gunner via paypal - it will be a long long time before I try to order from him again [it took all of 9 minutes for Paypal to decide to do it after they warned me it could take up to 30 days to investigate]

I do hope RMW gets some of those Polymer 74Us :P

DarkMM :flamed:

I ordered my Unicorn AKS74U from gunnerairsoft... Horrible experience. im not even kidden.

Took them 2 weeks to ship it out, even when i ordered before the UK ppl. I pretty much ordered on the same day it was released.

Took 2 more weeks to come through Custom in a shoddy package, they just threw in the gun into a cardboard box with a piece of paper... and they shoved the bolt/spring/small cylinder into a plastic bag. the spring got lost through customs for sure cause everything spilled out of that bag.

and there was almost major welding problems...

either than that, the gun performs great and no doubt, the steel is high quality, but I am not sure if I want to go through that trouble with Gunner's again tho...

ah, the "comming soon" ones.. :D

$135? Hmm.... unicorn's aks74u looks nice in retailer pics but from the pics I've seen in the AK picture thread, they look like trash. Literally. I know AKs look nice when ruffed up but it just looks like a trashbin. Someone prove me wrong, please. :(

Hmm.... didn't notice that Inokatsu Vityaz clone there. I've always wanted one ever since these clones came out with the normal aks74u (just to be different).

Inokatsu version (I like the skeleton stock more):

aks74uvityaz-1.jpg

RS grips like those are $130 USD last I checked.

Can you clone something that hasn't been released yet? :rolleyes:

Anyway plum AKSUs are sexy as hell and i want one, that and 45 round ribbed RPK74 magazines.....Please please please be midcaps, im pretty sure the hicaxxor market has what they need (even those experimental quad style mags were made and these never left prototype stage in real)

hey, i loaded my review of Unicorn AKS74U in the Reader Review section, incase u were wondering a bit more on the the construction work/quality/performance, etc.

I just know one huge complaint i had in beginning was, that Unicorn welded the top cover crookedly to the rear sight. so the cover doesn't shut straight.

I really want to get this. But if I do, will someone guide me through any assembling issues? I've had had no experience with AK kits whatsoever so don't know if I should get one.

I'm deciding between this and the Dboys Rk03/02 but I hear people say Unicorn is very on-par with inokatsu and inokatsu's are sexy plus its cheaper for me to buy the Unicorn..oddly enough.

Archived