PoweredgeUSA closing down

evo12

We at Power Edge USA have had a very enjoyable opportunity serving all of our customers throughout these years. However with the changes in this industry and an economic down turn within the past few years we have come up with an unfortunate and sad decision. We at Power Edge USA will be shutting down our website (E-Commerce business) known as Power Edge USA. The last day that we will accept orders will be March 13th, 2008. The last day we will be physically shipping out parcels will be March 14th, 2008. All AEG warranty policies (if any) will be honored via our sister storefront Power Edge Hawaii. We would like to sincerely thank each and every devoted customer, fan, affiliates, and those whose lives we had the pleasure of affecting. Any product warranty issues or follow up after March 14, 2008 must be addressed via our sister storefront Power Edge Hawaii.

http://www.poweredgeusa.com/main.asp

It has already started. . the wave and flooding of all these bullsh!t LPEGS, Chinese Clones, etc. .

shops like PowerEdgeUSA, that specialize in quality products (and not sucumb to the inferior Taiwanese and Chinese products) are hurt. . this is just the beginning. . .and I saw it coming.

The sport of airsoft is growing exponentially. . but so soon will be the total declination of quality goods.

It has already started. . the wave and flooding of all these bullsh!t LPEGS, Chinese Clones, etc. .

shops like PowerEdgeUSA, that specialize in quality products (and not sucumb to the inferior Taiwanese and Chinese products) are hurt. . this is just the beginning. . .and I saw it coming.

The sport of airsoft is growing exponentially. . but so soon will be the total declination of quality goods.

They do carry clones themselves if you haven't notice. Dboys, JG, SRC, JLS brand AEGs are on their website. It is sad to see them closing the online portion of the retail store, but clones are not the cause of it.

They do carry clones themselves if you haven't notice. Dboys, JG, SRC, JLS brand AEGs are on their website. It is sad to see them closing the online portion of the retail store, but clones are not the cause of it.

what's the difference between PowerEdgeUSA carrying/selling clones vs. Airsplat who's sales almost solely consists of clones?

Why isn't AEX carrying clones (other than an occasional Echo1 EBR)?

Because some quality shops will not drop their standards to play the money game. . .and I can bet PowerEdge did not want to carry clones. .but had to out of request of customers as well as the current market trend/money maker...and thus. .they hurt themselves. . sometimes, it's not all about money.

AEX also owns Spartan Imports. .with the distribution of CA guns/parts..they already have a huge "monopoly" or own a huge chunk of the airsoft market. . there's not need for them to carry clones. There's already 100s of stores (retail and eCommerce) selling clones.

you can't say LPEGS and clones are doing nothing but good for the airsoft community! If you were in airsoft long enough, you'd witness the change.

what's the difference between PowerEdgeUSA carrying/selling clones vs. Airsplat who's sales almost solely consists of clones?

Why isn't AEX carrying clones (other than an occasional Echo1 EBR)?

Because some quality shops will not drop their standards to play the money game. . .and I can bet PowerEdge did not want to carry clones. .but had to out of request of customers as well as the current market trend/money maker...and thus. .they hurt themselves. . sometimes, it's not all about money.

AEX also owns Spartan Imports. .with the distribution of CA guns/parts..they already have a huge "monopoly" or own a huge chunk of the airsoft market. . there's not need for them to carry clones. There's already 100s of stores (retail and eCommerce) selling clones.

you can't say LPEGS and clones are doing nothing but good for the airsoft community! If you were in airsoft long enough, you'd witness the change.

The only benefit that they've had was to reduce the price of the higher end AEG's but so far we've only seen G&G and CA drop their prices. VFC is still Very Fudging Costly.

The whole increased accessibility thing has been debated endlessly and there's no way whether we can definitively say that chinese clones have destroyed or bolstered the industry.

We all have opinions on the matter but the fact is that nothing is going to change so we are stuck with what we have.

Well Poweredge didn't really drop their prices of their TM Aegs due to clones. Their prices were already that low when UTG started making that MP5. But ultimately, i'm pretty sad. Even though I have their walk in store to go to, I know alot of people ordered from them online store.

Dude.... woah...

Poweredge was like... AEX/ASGI leugue... if they're closing down that's trouble... ASGI at least carries clones and does very good buissiness with them, but AEX doesn't, so are we going to see AEX start having trouble too? This is disturbing news indeed... the end is nigh! :(

Dude.... woah...

Poweredge was like... AEX/ASGI leugue... if they're closing down that's trouble... ASGI at least carries clones and does very good buissiness with them, but AEX doesn't, so are we going to see AEX start having trouble too? This is disturbing news indeed... the end is nigh! :(

I dont think so but who knows.

99% of the new players that are entering the sport do so with a chinese clone instead of a CA. A year ago everyone either went TM or CA or went home.

Since AEX owns Spartan Imports and they dont carry clones i really hope they come up with a way to compete. I personally LOVE their sportline of AEG's but alot of people dont like CA for whatever reason.

Dude.... woah...

I don't see AEX being affected now or in the long run..they're very very smart. .think about it ..they own Spartan who is the sole US distributor for CA guns/parts .. anyone in the US that wants to carry CA guns (whether it be for personal/business online sales). .they HAVE TO go through Spartan. .and if you've heard of JAG Precision..they supply smaller shops/smaller scale ..they TOO have to go through Spartan. . .

Dude.... woah...

I wouldn't say automatically that closing down is due to poor sales. It could be internal as well. Perhaps they want to go into another direction? I know a few stores that closed down storefront to go purely online or closed down online to go purely storefront. PE has changed alot in the past few years. They now are in other markets such as RC.

Guys.... Keep in mind Spartan and AEX offer 45 and 60 day waranties on products respectively. If the clones could reliably last that long they would carry them as well.

Is this the end of "Higher End" airsoft. NO, since Japan will still produce their own high quality stuff and we'll still buy their products when needed. Give credit to the ASGK for keeping Japan's airsoft market "low ball" free for the most part, and keeping their local airsoft industry profitable and still in development.

Let's get back on topic with PE's site closing.

This is unfortunate. PE always had some of the best TM prices.

Ok, PE USA is closing....does PE Hawaii ship to the US?

Nope, PE Hawaii only ships to the country of Hawaii

...........wait a sec :mellow:

Guys.... Keep in mind Spartan and AEX offer 45 and 60 day waranties on products respectively. If the clones could reliably last that long they would carry them as well.

Poweredge also offers 30 day warranties on TM products. Not sure on clones though.

Nope, PE Hawaii only ships to the country of Hawaii

...........wait a sec :mellow:

Country? Oh noes, I'm not a US citizen... :usflag::flamed:

This sucks. They've just told me they're getting the dboys Kalash this month... :( Guess I'll have to ... *gulp*... order.

They actually have alot of clones in their storefront from the whole Dboys m4/m16 line to the Kart EBR and ARMY R85a1. But they also just opened up a unlocked phone place next doors with sweet phones.

Shinden, any chance we could get some additional comments from PE? If i remember correctly you were or are associated with them?

Again, i will echo the sentiments of the other players here and i will again say that PE will be missed. They were a fantastic online retailer.

Well Guys,

It's a sad day. I can say working for both PEUSA(2 years) and the storefront (7 years total) that we did our best in our online endeavor. Stryker should be commended for all the effort he put into PEUSA's day to day operations. From Day 1, we prided ourselves with bringing the customer service associated with Power Edge the storefront to the masses on the mainland and, in fact, the rest of the world. I echo Stryker's comments when he thanked all those who decided to patronize us, whether ordering from us for years, or unfortunately, just discovering us. I would like Stryker to add his own personal comments if i can jostle him from his newly hectic workday. PE the storefront will be unaffected by the change with the exception that the voracious hordes that are Hawaii airsofters will have even more stock to purchase. As for ordering directly from the storefront, i will leave that up in the air for the moment, plainly because i don't know what it will entail.

Archived