VFC 1918A2 BAR Bi-pod & Carry Handle

kalbs

Finally my BAR is complete with these two items. Those of you who purchased this AEG may want to add these missing items. I picked up my set yesterday from WGC. Note that they are also selling more spare magazines for your BAR.

Both the handle and bi-pod are full steel with a parkerized finish and the wood on the handle matches the wood stock. WGC quotes a price of US$202.00 for the set. Very well made and if I didn't know better would say they are reconditioned real ones.

medium.jpg

i bet i could pick up the 'real ones' at a gun show for 50 bucks

That would be a nice find. online a real pair costs around $250 from BMGparts and gun broker is has the action staring at $225 just for a bipod

Usually you can find guns and parts for dirt cheap at gun shows. Like mosin nagants for like $20 or so I have heard.

Uh, more like 60-80 bucks... :rolleyes:

The VFC parts sounds like they'd be about what, if not a bit cheaper than what you'd expect to pay for real BAR parts. BAR's are pretty sought after, all their accessories are pretty pricey.

That's because there are so many Mosin Nagants and no one wants them except people looking for the cheapest rifle possible.

You know, it's perfectly legitimate to buy a reliable, robust full-power bolt action rifle that costs under $100. Nothing wrong with Nagants. And lots of people are buying them, you can't really pass up that price.

About the BAR though, it looks amazing. Does the standard version have a metal barrel, though? WGC's details are pretty spotty there.

About the BAR though, it looks amazing. Does the standard version have a metal barrel, though? WGC's details are pretty spotty there.

Most definetly. seeing as its VFC were talking about here. i think the main difference between the Std and the DX version is just that the DX is fully CNC machined and little bits changed here and there. but probably nothing too serious like replacing the metal barrel with a plastic one.

Just keep in mind that if you're intending to have a WW2 look to your load-out that the carry handle should not be fitted in most cases, they did not become a feature of the BAR until very late in WW2 to the point that they are considered to be a post-war/Korean War feature.

Archived