Light weight Hi-Capa blowback housing

Utty

Another quality way to spend more money on a TM Hi-Capa?

Seriously, I am glad to see it since it is definitely helpful in building a low recoil race gun. Personally though, I would like to see them come out with a heavy weight BBU to help give a Hi-Capa more kick.

Depends what you mean by 'better recoil'.

Felt kick is down to a mixture of blowback speed and weight - Reducing the weight without adding more gas to force the slide back is going to reduce the perceived kick I think.

I guess the idea is to reduce the weight of the slide to make the slide move back faster with the same amount of gas and then shut faster as the recoil spring will have less weight to shut.

Probably a pointless mod with a metal slide and only really of interest to practical shooters, but interesting nonetheless.

What's probably most interesting is the different blowback unit with the o-ring - Potentially this could give a better kick.

Cheers.

Felt kick is down to a mixture of blowback speed and weight - Reducing the weight without adding more gas to force the slide back is going to reduce the perceived kick I think.

Interesting i didnt think of it like that. I though less weight would make the slide move faster and giving it a better response and kick.

The Hi-Capa already has a lightning fast cycle (mainly due to the featherweight slide in stock form), but it possesses virtually no felt kick at all compared with anything.

I imagine this gadget is intended to make the cycle EVEN faster for those for who 1/100ths of a second between shots make a difference (practical shooters).

Cheers.

Given that lots of practical shooters switch to metal slides for durability, this part helps to counter the undesired weight effect. Also there's a difference in balance if you compare a plastic slide with a heavy lump of metal in the rear, and a metal slide with a lightened rear end.

This part should improve the slide speed in both directions and decrease gas consumption as a side-effect, but perceived recoil can be actually reduced.

A mate of mine has this part already installed on his 5.1 Hi-Capa, but I can't really tell what difference this very part made - there's so many other custom parts on that pistol that I think only the hop-up assembly and magazines are original. :D I didn't shoot it in "before" condition, but it's a really nice shooter now.

-Sale

little train of thought, i could be wrong :

tm 1911's dont have the biggest gas reservoir in the world, if i put a metal kit on my stock TM, gas consumption will increase, yes ? because of the weight ? so i could install this lighter mech to reduce the overall weight and counteract the new heavier slide, to keep the snapiness there. im not fussed about recoil, i'd prefer a nice snappy action and minimal hand movement, and im just a bog standard skirmisher.

little train of thought, i could be wrong :

tm 1911's dont have the biggest gas reservoir in the world, if i put a metal kit on my stock TM, gas consumption will increase, yes ? because of the weight ? so i could install this lighter mech to reduce the overall weight and counteract the new heavier slide, to keep the snapiness there. im not fussed about recoil, i'd prefer a nice snappy action and minimal hand movement, and im just a bog standard skirmisher.

Thats my thinking Weasel...and why I ordered it.

PS HOW does a Mule shoot....? :huh:

lol i ment to say kicks like one. But hell have you seen a mule shoot its load? its just nastly lol

You just had to ask, didn't you Snowman? I hope you're satisfied now. :o

Anyway, I think this is probably best suited for the 1911, for the reasons s_w pointed out.

I would have liked to see it anodized - wear on the rails might lead to less than steller functioning once someone puts a lot of milage on it. 6061 T6 isn't as hard as Marui casting Zn. Still nice though, I'd put on in my 5.1 if I still had it.

Hopefully AS does a P226 version.

doubt material hardness would play much of a role since the whole thing is held more or less in place by that screw in the back and shouldnt walk around too much, not matter how much you cycle it

still, this thing isnt much more expensive than a TM unit

should you manage to bork a stock one (ahem, possibly by increasing kick. =p) this might be a good alternative to buying a tm replacement

also going back to the o-ring system vs the newer cup system might result to more blown o-rings in hotter weather

I have one 5.1 setup with a cup seal and another setup with an o-ring for this reason

Archived