What am bestest tight bore manufacturer?

MotoSam

Gave the reviews a search but only got specific reviews and only short term ones.

I'm interested in long term performance.

Apparently the deep fire stainless steel barrels scratch internally after 1000 bbs or so use, so how do the madbull aluminium barrels compare to this?

What barrel is accurate and long lasting, regardless of price.

Thanks.

Prometheus or Madbull.

There's no really no point in going with any other barrel unless you want a tighter bore and then dees customs wins hands down simply because they're economical.

Paying more than 70 dollars for a tightbore is ridiculous, yeah im looking at you PDI.

Deep fire are stainless steel, but very cheap, but are easy to scratch reportedly, if this happens to stainless, how can the aluminium madbull barrel last longer?

It seems like a case where cost does not on the surface seem to reflect the quality of materials at least.

I am very tempted by the madbull v2 but is it tough enough?

PDI barrels* are works of art, tubular sculpture.

Nothing can quite prepare you for when your first barrel is delivered.

The metal casing.

Unscrewing the top.

The inner barrel slides out, like silk.

You know then, when a company goes to that much trouble just for packaging, you known then....that you have bought quality.

*this applies to PDI tight bore rifle barrels.

Can't see how a stainless steel barrel will get scratched in normal use. Or even a brass or alloy one.

The rumour about Deepfire barrels probably happened because somebody got something like sand in their barrel and then shot through it.

In a case like that, ANY barrel would suffer damage.

The old classic: Resin bb's abrading a metal barrel?? :huh:

I tried to scratch the outside of a stock brass barrel with a load of bbs held in grips. Even the relatively sharp edges of a shattered bb made no impression, no matter how hard I tried!

That's not to say it couldn't happen. Just I couldn't. :D

Greg.

There must have been a more economical way to achieve acceptable packaging, an economy that could have reduced the unit price.

After all you're buying a barrel, not the box it comes in!

Greg.

You are probably right, but you are also missing the point by a country mile.

Dees are supposed to be spectacular, from what I've heard.

'Tis true: Dees have a, er, shall we say,,,, enthusiastic fan base.

A few of 'em get quite upset when you say things like, 'I can't really endorse the product if I haven't tried it'. :huh:

So they must be good. :D

Greg.

Anything could be a POS if you treat it like a POS. But other than that hands down, it is PDI, KM, Laylax(prometheus), and TK. Others are good, just not as good as these except the exceptions I hear now and again. With KM some people had problem with the teflon coating and had to re-coat the sucker, but I didn't hear how that went.

TK Twist works better at stock velocities.

Haven't really heard complaints about PDI, or Laylax barrels. With laylax barrels I heard some people complain about only being able to use promy buckings in them.

All should last a while if you treat them well.

Can't see how a stainless steel barrel will get scratched in normal use. Or even a brass or alloy one.

The rumour about Deepfire barrels probably happened because somebody got something like sand in their barrel and then shot through it.

In a case like that, ANY barrel would suffer damage.

Yeah, jams and stuff is bad for all barrels, it is just magnified for tightbores. It makes guns cry when you have the muzzle in the dirt you know, just listen...

Archived