G36K Flash Hider

Ok, here's a question for all of you... I was trying to modify my CA G36K, earlier, and now I must now buy a new barrel set. :( The reason is that I snapped my current one CLEAN off. My mistake? probably trying to unscrew the freaking flash hider the wrong direction. I believe I was turning it clockwise.

My qestion(s) is/are which direction SHOULD I have been turning it to take it off?? And why the hell was it so hard to turn, that the metal snapped off? Is it just me, or was it on WAY too tight?

(sorry about the REALLY bad picture quality. [taken by phone]) ;)

0308081834.jpg

0308081829.jpg

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/psychosis300/0308081828.jpg[/img

I'm probably going to go with this RIS system as I have wanted it for EVER!!

A155M-1.jpg

It won't affect that, you don't need to do it on the new silencer/flash hider.

And if you're buying the new set, it might not even have Lock-tite on it.

But if it does, itd be the original flash hider and barrel, so as stated, it won't affect that new silencer set

and yeah, the stove was the other method you could do.

Hm, they're different sizes if I recall, you might have to make a new topic about it, or hopefully someone who has it can post here. I'm thinking it might not work, but I don't know for sure. Like I said, just find someone who has it (by postactular form)

The Badger will solve this! As to which way to twist the flash hider, it is the opposite way to the way everything else in the world twists. (righty loosy, lefty tighty(clockwise/counter clockwise is for squares)) He can almost guarantee that the G&G set is compatible, the gas receivers are the same on the TM and CA.

And for the record, your gas receiver might not have necessarily broken because you twisted it, The Badger has broken both of his CA36 ones, and on his the barrel came right off....

badgerdancing6.gif

Lol, The Badger is correct, it was in fact clockwide to remove it, i put it on the stove for about 5 minutes, and picked it up with an oven pad (it was still VERY, VERY HOT! and removed it VERY easily by turning it clockwise. as for the G&G Kit, from alternative sources, it has been used on the CA36 before, and I ordered it yesterday by stealing my mother's PayPal account :) Hey! my birthday is in 2 weeks! can you blame me!? :lol:

I'm so excited, I have a new rifle case, KV stock, Molle sustainment pouch, Camel-Bak US military issue, and G&G RIS kit en route hopefully before my b-day. :)

Archived