New pictures of the TM SIG P226

partyboy

Just found some more piccies of the TM Sig P226 and i looks fantastic, i can only see a very faint mould seam under the rail but otherwise the plastics look fantastic. The grips look to have very nice stippling on them and that rear sight is a work of art :D

It also looks to me like the guide rails are metal which is good to see as im hoping to put a metal slide on mine

n.b. i found this on a japanese site and i dont speak japanese so i assume it is the tm gun (i think the sticker is a give away though)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

CLICKY - link to site

Cheers

Graham

Hah! I'll get it first, as I'm in Hong Kong...

Then I'll post a big review so you can all bask in it's glory.

On the other hand, should it turn out to be utter *beep*, I'll be the first to waste money on one...Bum.

I think the mag floorplate looking weird has to do with the two-piece mag design mentioned earlier. When the silly assault weapons ban was in effect in the U.S., magazines were limited to 10 rounds. Magazines produced during that period for US civilian sale only extended the length necessary to hold 10 rounds. The remaining length necessary to reach the bottom of the pistol grip was just a separate plastic piece (this was so the 10 round mags couldn't be altered back to original capacity). To me, it looks like Marui copied one of these mags. That would explain the 2 piece design and the weird looking floorplate.

Archived